• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Vampire Knight GN 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinmackie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the story really starts to drag after leaving the academy. Unless you're a big fan of Kaname and Yuuki, you might want to sit it out a bit. But in the recent chapters, it's starting to take off again. spoiler[Kaname's gone on a rampage and Yuuki's back at Cross Academy.] Oh, and Zero doesn't hate Yuuki and he's not becoming a villian. He's just buried his true feelings real deep.
Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I thought there was alot more to this volume than just Kaname and Yuuki. There's alot for fans of Yuuki and Aido's friendship in this one, and the overlooked interaction between Yuuki and Shiki. spoiler[Considering how badly family ties seem to go for Shiki, his acknowledgement of Yuuki was not only touching, but in my opinion a huge if downplayed moment of emotional bravery for him. After all he's been through, I deeply admire him for reaching out to Yuuki without batting an eye.]
Claire_C

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Very solid review.

I totally agree that the relationship between Yuki and Kaname was completely stagnant. All the relationship drama is now focused on Zero and Yuki instead, brief as their time is.

I didn't really see the Shiki/Yuki angst, I don't think there was anything for him to accept in terms of Yuki, his only difficulty here is the direct association of the Kuran mansion with his father, but kudos to Shiki (and Rima supporting him) for bearing with entering that house to relay the message to Yuki. But I'd like to see Shiki reach out to Yuki more as both been abused by Rido, but I don't see any rapport forming between them yet. I'd actually like to see more from Yuki's side since she's meant to be such a compassionate character.
tyciol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote
I take it GN is a manga? Do you think this is solid enough to see the anime continued?
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quote
Considering the fact how annoyingly stupid the main heroine was through earlier work, things could not turn much worse than that with new anime.

In fact, there is chance that the plot would not dwell too much on Yuki's vain attempts to understand herself or anything else about what is happening, and then it will be easier to watch than the previous series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1