• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - April 21st - April 27th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:19 am Reply with quote
seedwingemp wrote:
The movie is proof that they can't do any large scale thing right. This movie that they thought going be successful but wasn't. They should face consequence of there choices. Not let them skid by so easing. I'm sure in sometime there going to fire or dis pane group make them pay for there decisions.

You were okay up until this part. I don't much care for ATHF, it gets old fast, but the movie did well. It's made 3 or 4 million so far in the box office, and I believe it had a budget of less than $750,000. So it's well over tripled its money. It's a qualified success, comparing budget to box office. I personally didn't see it, but others did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
I can't remember a show that AS has aired that they havn't re-run at least once.

I'm pretty sure Pilot Candidate and Witch Hunter Robin only got 1.5 runs (meaning they did not finish a second run)... and I'm not sure what Blue Gender got.

I don't understand why they're going into live action movies now. Well, technically, yes, I do, but it's like they're going against their name. Confused

Ugh, I've seen way too many promos for that ATHF movie... and I get to fast forward through them all on my VCR since I have to record my Saturday programs (due to work). At least those A. McGee commercials seemed to have stopped... those were truly horrible... I never did get my brother to believe they were real... Confused
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote
ichiro3923 wrote:
Based on the editor's continuous hate of Idaten Jump!, that show must really bad. But then again, I live in North America, so I'm used to kid's anime shows like Beyblade, Spider Riders, and Battle B'Daman to name a few.

Horray, another Bee-Train-obessed fan...

anyways, IJ just does not make sense at all, not one bit of the entire series script is "Click Pick" worthy, i say the cast should take notes from SR, and do a "Acting episode", if that idea worked for Hunter and the crew, it should work for IJ, eather that or Cancelation...

--The FZ
P.S. you forgot to add the FOXKids Anime Class of 2002 into that list, some of those shows were notable in the "Kid's anime shows" dept, most of them in the "Legends" dept. and a couple of them in the "Remembered always" dept.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2