• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Anime TV Ranking, April 16-22

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:
This is just a small nitpick, but your blurb says 'Kekkaishi back in top ten,' as if it had fallen out and had leapt back up. I'm pretty sure last week that it along with Conan didn't air. Kekkaishi has generally getting 8-9% ratings which would put it in the top ten consistently.

Kekkaishi was indeed on hiatus, but for an unusually long four weeks until that episode. I think the "back" in the blurb is in reference to that. Kekkaishi has actually been hovering in the 7-8% ratings, with at least seven times in the 6% range.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:

Kekkaishi was indeed on hiatus, but for an unusually long four weeks until that episode. I think the "back" in the blurb is in reference to that. Kekkaishi has actually been hovering in the 7-8% ratings, with at least seven times in the 6% range.

Oh the spring hiatus. I'd forgotten about the 'spring hiatus.' I remember when I used to follow InuYasha raw (Kekkaishi is in the same time slot) that happened every year, along with a winter one.

Thanks for the correction. I'd read 8-9% elsewhere. Yeah but even those ratings would usually put it in the top ten. While those are excellent ratings for any other anime, I'd kind of picked up that it's problematic if anything in that Conan lead in consistently falls below eight percent. I hope I'm wrong and that it has a long and successful run.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:10 am Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:
This is just a small nitpick, but your blurb says 'Kekkaishi back in top ten,' as if it had fallen out and had leapt back up. I'm pretty sure last week that it along with Conan didn't air. Kekkaishi has generally getting 8-9% ratings which would put it in the top ten consistently.

As for Bleach and Naruto. It has absolutely not always outsold Naruto and outrated it. Naruto is falling in popularity, as it has been going on much longer and hasn't been holding a consistent quality level.

But Bleach isn't really gaining more popularity, just staying consistent in popularity. Give it ten volumes, it will start declining in popularity just like Naruto. The writing is already displaying warning signs.

But One Piece is older than Naruto & Conan & the 2 titles above it are even older, so the idea older=fewer viewers is wrong.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:

But One Piece is older than Naruto & Conan & the 2 titles above it are even older, so the idea older=fewer viewers is wrong.

Actually no, Conan is older than One Piece.

But One Piece and Conan both have maintained a consistent level of quality throughout the entire series. Many, if not most, shounen manga suffer writing wise as they get further along/older. Naruto is already greatly suffering, Bleach is well on its way. That's what I meant. If the writing stays solid, the fans will stay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2