• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Neon Genesis Resurrection

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
I'd be guessing, but Kitoh Mohiro seems an obvious choice.

I wouldn't be surprised. Would it be the most obvious in something like Narutaru? I haven't read it myself (due to edits by Dark Horse, no uncut re-release in sight, it being incomplete in English, and obviously not knowing the Japanese language), but from what I've read and heard it about the plot its seems to be one of those dry, "casually violent" (ugh, my vocabulary is atrocious) manga along with a few other elements (those creatures, for one thing) that would feel similar to Parasyte
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
I'd be guessing, but Kitoh Mohiro seems an obvious choice.

I wouldn't be surprised. Would it be the most obvious in something like Narutaru? I haven't read it myself (due to edits by Dark Horse, no uncut re-release in sight, it being incomplete in English, and obviously not knowing the Japanese language), but from what I've read and heard it about the plot its seems to be one of those dry, "casually violent" (ugh, my vocabulary is atrocious) manga along with a few other elements (those creatures, for one thing) that would feel similar to Parasyte

Right, but even more so how that violence seems to arise naturally out of human nature. The focus on the character's reactions to their powers in Bokura no is also something Parasyte did very well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4