• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otakon Reveals Voice Guests Mamiko Noto, Tomokazu Seki

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sudo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote
I'd love to go, as I'm a huge fan of Mamiko Noto. Too bad I don't live anywhere near Baltimore, though. Sad
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:07 am Reply with quote
Sudo wrote:
I'd love to go, as I'm a huge fan of Mamiko Noto. Too bad I don't live anywhere near Baltimore, though. Sad
you speak for me too . Crying or Very sad
Second_Ignition_Yui

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:47 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess I have to go to Otakon, now!
J Dude

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:57 am Reply with quote
If I can meet up with at least one of my friends there, then I'll definitely be going, especially since I live somewhat close to it. I'd love to meet Mamiko Noto and Tomokazu Seki in person. Very Happy
Jifty

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quote
It's times like this that I love living 20 minutes down Route 295 from B'more.

Can't wait to go this year!
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quote
ooooh crap,otakon is gonna be swarmed with fangirls. the voice of bishounen Kyo from FB....you can see what im aiming at. im not going, but im just reminding you guys

now if someone like Megumi Hayashibara came, then there would HAVE to be an attendance cap.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
Tomokazu Seki!!!!!!

I can not believe that you guys did not mention Kanon, specifically Kanon 2k6, as one of the series he was in. Rolling Eyes That's truly a sad thing guys.

R1 Kagikkos need this recognition too! Laughing
kei-clone

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quote
omg it's teh mamiko!!

ippen shinde miru?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
See I would love to run down there, take my CCS and drool in 'Tomokazu-san's face. Oh, and I would take my 'Witchblade' artbook to be signed by 'Mamiko Noto. I'd want her to give me a 'Masane' line. I think I would faint on both of them. Laughing
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote
The Seventh Son wrote:
ooooh crap,otakon is gonna be swarmed with fangirls. the voice of bishounen Kyo from FB....you can see what im aiming at. im not going, but im just reminding you guys

now if someone like Megumi Hayashibara came, then there would HAVE to be an attendance cap.

Tomokazu Seki is pretty popular on this side of the Pacific & not just in titles for fangirls. He's been in the Star Ocean Ex anime, as well as Area 88 TV(which I thought was more guy territory), One Piece(Lucci) & Melody of Oblivion(ANN listed about 180 roles for him last I checked). Oh, yeah, he was the cos-play otaku in Genshiken. He plays a lot of leads, so for sheer number of roles Ryotaro Okiayu has pulled out ahead, but Seki is in a lot of shonen titles.
frouella

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Tomokazu Seki?!?! No wai -- I love his work!!! Man, I wish I could go to Baltimore! Crying or Very sad

....Wow, you don't hear THAT everyday, do ya? Wink No offense to the lovely city of Baltimore, of course...
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
The Seventh Son wrote:

Megumi I think has only ever been to one american anime con. Now that she is a mom, she has cut back on va work until the child is school age. Many people wish she would come back for another con. I would settle for Aya Hirano personally Very Happy
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
I can not believe that you guys did not mention Kanon, specifically Kanon 2k6, as one of the series he was in. Rolling Eyes That's truly a sad thing guys.

As popular as Kanon is, his buddy role in Kanon is not as prominent as his main lead roles. In every anime listed in ANN's news piece, he plays the main male lead role.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quote
kurotsuki wrote:
Sudo wrote:
you speak for me too . Crying or Very sad

And I, as well.

She's my favourite Japanese VA, cause I just love that soft-toned voice she uses for a mojority of her roles. It'll be a pity that I won't be able to see her. Anime cry
jvowles
Otakon Representative

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

As popular as Kanon is, his buddy role in Kanon is not as prominent as his main lead roles. In every anime listed in ANN's news piece, he plays the main male lead role.

Both actors have done a metric buttload of work, with dozens of roles to their credit. And I'm afraid Noto's bio on our website was written on rather short notice (I thought I already had one for her), so it'll be revised, I'm sure.

I'm glad that they're both getting lots of positive reactions. I did *tell* people that we had some great guests lined up... (grin)

(Semi-secret fact: we were supposed to get Seki last year, but it ended up not happening for a variety of reasons. The fact that he's one of the busiest seiyuu out there probably has something to do with it...)

(And whoever asked about Megumi Hayashibara -- she's on my wish list too, along with Kappei Yamaguchi...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2