• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion Movie Remakes' Chapter Titles Confirmed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danno19

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Saweet I can't wait for more info/pics/trailers on this project!
Pete577

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Can the previews be found on the net!? Send me a message if you find out, thanks Very Happy.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Danno19 wrote:
Saweet I can't wait for more info/pics/trailers on this project!

I am also strangely too, as much as I really like the series and the movies I didn't really care when these movies were announced. Yet as time goes by and more information is being released it's like a Monster is growing inside, I am probably going to be super stoked for this when it does get released.
Tensaku

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big Eva Fan and I hope these movies turn out good. Very Happy
NGE1113

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I am also strangely too, as much as I really like the series and the movies I didn't really care when these movies were announced. Yet as time goes by and more information is being released it's like a Monster is growing inside, I am probably going to be super stoked for this when it does get released.

It seems that I possess a somewhat similar mindset. The Eva fan in me has always held the franchise in high esteem, and yet, all the movie announcements up to date just does nothing for me. More likely than not, I'm gonna wait for a while longer to make my decision on whether to embrace these movies or not.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quote
I have to admit, as much as I dislike the over-marketing of Evangelion, as a fan of the show, they've already trapped me - I'm excited to see what these new productions will be like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MangaMojo

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:22 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the series as well even with the psychobabble meltdown at the end so I'm interested in seeing what the new project will bring to the table when it gets released.
Danno19

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious to see how the Eva's will be animated this time around.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote
So, the first movie will roughly cover the first six episodes. That explains Asuka's absence from promotional material (i.e. Sadamoto posters), though Kaworu is prominently featured. Looks like Gainax wants to play up a "gay bishounen" (which might be redundant) angle to draw in some, er, fans early on if they weren't doing so already.

And seeing as Gatsu hasn't posted in this thread, I'll take over his role for him in response to the above with a: Rolling Eyes
dr. worm

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:39 am Reply with quote
Actually I've felt that ep24 just didn't have the impact that it could have simply because Kaworu hadn't even been around for half an hour. As such, introducing him earlier, should prevent the same issue from coming up again. Let just hope the problem doesn't reappear for Asuka.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote
dr. worm wrote:
Actually I've felt that ep24 just didn't have the impact that it could have simply because Kaworu hadn't even been around for half an hour. As such, introducing him earlier, should prevent the same issue from coming up again.

The original plans were in episode twenty-something... earlier than twenty-four. But all the same, he could've been developed during that time, but introducing himsef from the get-go in the upcoming movies screams "SHOUNEN-AI DRAW" to me.

Quote:
Let just hope the problem doesn't reappear for Asuka.

They'll have two movies* to try to do something with her character.

*The third and fourth movies are forty-five minute segments, so essentially there are only three Evangelion movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1