• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: USA Today Booklist, April 30-May 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quote
A demonstration of Naruto's value as a product. Staying-power. Not just jumping on for a quick stint, then subsequently leaving after the novelty is over. It is a green cow alright.

Edit:
The list does remind me though I need to go get The Children of Hurin though.

Edit2:

The link in the news piece keeps going to week May 23-29. Here is a link to the current list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rhodesama

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't know. I guess I'm a little disappointed that Naruto is the only manga up there. Not to insult it, but there is much better manga out there. The anime being shown on Cartoon Network probably helps a bit with that, though.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
rhodesama wrote:
I don't know. I guess I'm a little disappointed that Naruto is the only manga up there.

The weeks prior to this there were a few different titles available, Naruto has basically been on there every time a new book is out. And normally it's on there a week or two before it falls off.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Edit:
The list does remind me though I need to go get The Children of Hurin though.

Yeah, me too. I keep forgetting about it though every time I'm at the bookstore. I get distracted by all the manga, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1