• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Simoun Yuri Anime Reportedly Licensed by Media Blasters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dop.L

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
No robots in Simoun, just baroque flying machines.

I absolutely adored Simoun, and I will definitely be buying the DVDs as and when they come out. I suspect they'll be sub only like Princess Princess and Kashimashi but I never watch the dubs anyway so that doesn't bother me. Presumably the lack of a dub means they can price them at a lower price which may help sales.

The only criticism I'd level at this series is that it's a slow starter. It doesn't really kick into gear until episodes seven and eight. It's only when I got that far that I really got hooked. Although assuming four episodes to a DVD, at least the first DVD will end on episode 4, which is one of the best early episodes.

It's a little gem of a series, which more than repays your patience over the first six episodes in the following 20.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:18 am Reply with quote
Yuri with Airplanes? Please.

It's not like the girls have any choice BUT to fall in love with each other, and then one of them becomes a male anyways. It seems like too raunchy a title for Simoun.

I'm probably going to pick it up, and will without a doubt if there's a dub.

I've only seen the first six episodes, but Jeff Lawson, an anime blogger whose opinion and blog I respect more than any other blogger (or reviewer) I've read, said it was his favourite series. Check it out here: http://anime.jefflawson.net/. Not surprisingly, the newest blog post is about the licensing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2