• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Doonys - Elaborate hoax or obscure anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:48 am Reply with quote
This is some of the funniest stuff I've ever read.

I personally like the 'About' page on the crappy geocities website (that I can't tell how recently it was created):

http://www.geocities.com/axel_alloy/aboutaxel.html

How the heck do you make up all of this stuff? This is literally some crazy stuff:

Quote:
Deborah's first major role was in the 1980s hit Animé Doonys, voicing the feisty and pretty Axel (Olivia) Alloy. This started her career in the world of voice acting. In early 1990, she appeared in person for her first live action role in More of Mandy, playing Cindy, a laid-back country girl, obsessed with boys. She then found herself voicing a cute little rodent called Merry-go-round Mouse in the childrens educational show Billy's Mice in 1996. Deborah was later cast in 1999 as Gail, big sister of Gye in the cartoon series of the same name. There was a gap in which she took a 'break' from voice acting until 2003, when she voice acted the famous Inspector Prince in the Inspector Gadget spin off show Go Go Gadgetinis. In 2005 she played Lambi, a half-lamb-half-woman character with tall hair that has a face in it in RDS's animated version of Noodle Shop (Written by Deborah Taylor) and Hathor in RDS's The Underworld.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Actually, this sounds like a pretty awesome hobby. It just does to be done much more subtley and less personally. It would be so much fun to convince the world that some obscure 70's anime exists but can't be found in VHS or fansubbed form anymore. Better start preparing now for five years later.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
Actually, this sounds like a pretty awesome hobby. It just does to be done much more subtley and less personally. It would be so much fun to convince the world that some obscure 70's anime exists but can't be found in VHS or fansubbed form anymore. Better start preparing now for five years later.

Making stuff up can be fun. Trying to pass it off as real is just mean-spirited, as well as possibly malicious. Trying to get around Wikipedia's rules is just plain stupid. Crying and whinging about it afterwards when you're caught is the height of being a total [insert swear word of your choice here].
Showsni

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote
Wow. Some of that stuff is just crazy; I think the saddest part was the Inspector Gadget forum, where nearly all the users seem to be the same person. She's obviously had some difficult times; hopefully things are going better now...
Iritscen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote
I said it two years ago, and apparently it's still true now: the girl needs some medication. I wasn't joking the first time I said it either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6