• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Resevoir Dawgz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strephon

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quote
CrazyCanuck wrote:

Q - Queen Emeraldas (Do any of you own a Q that isn't this?)

According to the Encyclopedia, the only other English-language option is to refer to "Excel Saga" as "Quack Experimental Anime Excel Saga," and I've never heard anyone do that outside the opening credits. (Besides, it's not like it's printed on the DVD spines or anything, so it would look strange on your shelf.)
ferrarimanf355

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quote
From Snakes on a Plane to Afro Samurai to Black Snake Moan... I'd say Samuel L. Jackson has had a pretty good last 12 months. Very Happy

The only thing that would give me a fangasm is Afro Samurai on a Plane. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:21 am Reply with quote
ferrarimanf355 wrote:
From Snakes on a Plane to Afro Samurai to Black Snake Moan... I'd say Samuel L. Jackson has had a pretty good last 12 months. Very Happy

The only thing that would give me a fangasm is Afro Samurai on a Plane. Very Happy

Or "Black Afro Samurai's Moan on a Snake Plane"
Now that would be made of win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
FalconX wrote:
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Wait, a magnet? For real? Wouldn't that be bad for the DVDs?

What?!?! Magnets have no effect on a dvd. They're optical storage devices, not magnetic.

And your speakers.....I found that out the hard way with my first computer Crying or Very sad.
I hear it bends the laser to read the wrong track.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:51 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:
FalconX wrote:
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Wait, a magnet? For real? Wouldn't that be bad for the DVDs?

What?!?! Magnets have no effect on a dvd. They're optical storage devices, not magnetic.

And your speakers.....I found that out the hard way with my first computer Crying or Very sad.
I hear it bends the laser to read the wrong track.

Well there is no laser on a DVD. I would think it would be in the DVD player and its laser you most likely do need to keep any magnets away from.

In my experience DVD and CD's are not usually affected by magnets. I've had several DVD's come with magnets and nothing seem to be wrong with the disks. Now, a high powered magnet might cause something bad to happen (like a magnet that is used in a magnetron in a microwave oven), seeing they use aluminum powder in DVD and CD disks, but a refrigerator type magnet doesn't seem to be a problem (on the other hand, aluminum isn't all that magnetic to begin with).

Generally, anything that uses a magnet, like a TV set, microwave ovens, or speakers (they all use magnets in them), need to be kept away from other items that have or use magnets and magnetic media (such as VHS and Cassette tapes, floppy disks and computer hard drives). If you keep that in mind then you can usually keep accidents to a minimum.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
I was joking.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I was joking.

Well you didn't use any smiles so how was I suppose to know? Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3