• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Haruhi Cast to Perform Live at Anime Expo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
When I was waiting overnight in the line of KOTOKO's concert ticket, I chatted with a guy in the queue.

Guy: "I wonder who else would make me stay overnight to buy the ticket. Nana Mizuki, maybe."

Dormcat: "How about Haruhi trio?"

Guy: "I... probably will start a queue THREE DAYS in advance."

Shocked

So-Cal residents, you guys are lucky bastards. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mirrinus

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quote
*sigh*

I'm in So-Cal this summer, but I'll be too busy working at my intership to go...
W-General

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quote
Mirrinus wrote:
*sigh*

I'm in So-Cal this summer, but I'll be too busy working at my intership to go...

Lol if I were you I'd *(*@ing find way to take leave for one day. Skip it. Make up some excuse, I dunno.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quote
So does anybody have the dance sequence down at all? Laughing
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Guy: "I... probably will start a queue THREE DAYS in advance."

Hmm...I would probably be willing to do that for KOTOKO.

As for the Haruhi trio, I'd probably wait even longer if it was just Aya actually.
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:05 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
So-Cal residents, you guys are lucky bastards. Twisted Evil

Man, it's true that the East Coast generally gets the short end of the anime stick. I mean, at Anime Boston the last great guest we had was Maaya Sakamoto, and that was, what, 2 years ago?!

My solution: an SOS US Tour. Start at Anime Expo, and make the club circuit. Go up to the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle, stop at Chicago, make their way to Texas and Florida, go up to Baltimore/D.C., go to New York at the Kntting Factory, and end it at the Paradise in Boston (just as soon as I return from Tokyo July 8 Very Happy). That way alot of ground has been covered.
W-General

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
So does anybody have the dance sequence down at all? Laughing

I know the TV-size version down to every moment, but the long version's a little trickier since there's only hand-sketched storyboards for them...
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
The Seventh Son wrote:
I HATE CALIFORNIA!!!!!
Don't forget it's easier for Japanese quest to make the trip to the West Coast as compared to the East Coast.
Wait, explain this. It is a 12 hour trip instead of a 15 hour one, whats the big difference? What am I not getting?
Quote:
Also to quote Zac from the AWO podcast "AX is an industry driven con, and the Otakon is for the fans".
I remember that interview, but doesn't this support the opposite. I mean technically the industry wouldn't give a hoot about these types of things unless they are looking to book an OP/ED or VA. Any type of concert is clearly in the fan-based, fan-oriented category.

If I remember correctly, I believe Zac was trying to explain why all the big announcements are made at AX.

And since I happen to be talking to you, maybe SOS will get up there and announce Monster. Cool Wink Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
youkai_ronin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh man....finally, i was in raving lunatic mode for awhile there. Laughing BEST NEWS EVER(just as good as hearing about the release of Ah! My Goddess S2)

Very Happy I really have to go now, if i don't I'll be kicking my self for it and thinking back, "ah if only i had gone..." Anime hyper Only problem is im 17 Razz (yay, legal minor ftw.../sarcasm)

Now, I either have to swallow my pride and ask my one of my friends to come with me(I'm the youngest Sad ) or ask my dad to come with. Both of which are not pleasant things to think about....Anime hyper (or my sister...ugh, no it's Aya Hirano it's more than worth it)
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
And since I happen to be talking to you, maybe SOS will get up there and announce Monster. Cool Wink Twisted Evil

Don't play games with my heart, it's so cruel....especially after hearing how Geneon wants to do this but the financial burden might be too much.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm super jealous! I'm an uber Aya Hirano fan. Hopefully, there will be some kind of video recording...
calawain

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I lived in San Diego until this past August when I moved to New York to go to school. If I still lived in SD still I would definitely go....
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:47 am Reply with quote
I've never wanted to go to America quite as much as a I do right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Roy9076

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh man. AX rocks out! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2