• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Feedback RE: K-ON! vol. 3 Skin

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Two pieces of feedback, one positive, one not-as-much.

Positive: Only having the skin down one* side of the page is wonderful, and much greater appreciated than skins that force everything skinnier by going down both sides.
*Is that little tiny strip of salmon necessary, which just barely makes my screen scroll?

Negative: Because the banner is only one* side, you have an abrupt edge of the image, and then a solid blank box of salmon-color finishing off the screen (this also happens before the end of the image). This looks a bit jarring, and actually distracts me a bit (both from the site and the skin).

My solution to the above (other than getting rid of the weird salmon bar on the right side), would be to set a background image behind the ad that continues the background design of the skin. In this case, the plaid. As it's a background image, it wouldn't adjust the size of the pages, and would avoid that jarring edge of the ad.

And please, try to keep the skins to just one* side like this one is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1