• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Knightly Virtues

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamescook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I kind of like how Todd threw a couple of really straightforward, even hardball questions at Miki and, especially at the last question, he just kind of fell back on old justifications of the genre as a whole. "Oh, it has a big story and amazing graphics!" What western game in the HD era doesn't have good graphics and try slightly harder than ten years ago to have a decent story?

I seriously do not expect anything outstanding from WKCII.
skullocrasher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I seriously do not expect anything outstanding from WKCII.

Giant robots are always outstanding.

Universal constant.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Todd wrote:
I really want a Harvest Moon with Pocky, Rocky, the kid from Chulip, and the cast of Wild Guns
Natsume brawl fest? Natsume vs. Marvelous? I'm all for it!

I'm definitely picking up Kirby Mass Attack after having played the demo trhough the Nintendo Channel. I never thought of it as anything more than a "Pikmin/lemmings clone" but the demo proved otherwise. It has alot of the trappings of a great Kirby platformer (secret areas like in Kirby's Adventure/Super Star) and a sort of meta-score attack.
belvadeer wrote:
Kirby Mass Attack: Regardless of America's incredibly brain-dead scheme of putting angry Kirbys on covers, this game looks like loads of fun. There's even a Kirby RPG among the minigames, a genre he himself has never touched upon. I'm hoping for a full blown Kirby RPG in the future, rather than just a minigame next time.
Honestly, I thought NoA would quit with the Angry Kirby thing ever since Super Star Ultra and Epic Yarn had nice cheery Kirby on the front cover.

As for Kirby RPG...I wish Intelligent Systems would make it, or even Jupiter (S-E division responsible for TWEWY) or Matrix Software.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And if you're a hardcore gamer who enjoys crapping on any shooter more popular than Hotdog Storm or XX Mission,

Oh wow, someone's played Hotdog Storm? That's actually a pretty decent shmup in my eyes (although most of it comes down to getting the green weapon and spamming the charge shot for it)
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Aww, darn, do I get DQMJ2 or Persona 2?
To be fair, the only DQ game I've ever beaten is 8 (and Rocket Slime) and I still have 6 in shrink wrap, but I also love DQ! I have every US released game but 9 so far!
But I never got to play to PS1 Persona 2 either, so I don't exactly have nostalgia for it. Also, I thought the Persona 1 PSP game was kinda so-so. I loved 3 and 4 though.
Hmm, decisions decisions...
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I shall be pre-ordering Persona 2: Innocent Sin later in the week.

Was debating on pre-ordering WNC2, but ultimately decided not to.

The Persona fighting game is something I will definitely pre-order once the option exists.

Can you tell that I'm a Persona fan?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote
sainta: Yeah it's just a HD thing. Nothing special really, which is why I question this choice.

sfried: That's a great idea. Intelligent Systems would program a great Kirby RPG.
Hardgear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Konami's delayed this a bunch of times, so don't get mopey if it slips again.

Guess what now has a Nov. 1 release date? Laughing
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking for a copy of Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn (for less than $150) without any luck. Might have to settle for spending a lot if I really want it. I recently traded my friend my Xbox 360 (which I literally had not turned on in over a year, I'm a PS3 guy) for his Sega Saturn, so downloading the game on XBL is kind of out of the question.

Looking forward to getting White Knight Chronicles and Persona 2 as well.
Henry Jones

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And yes, there's another stuffed animal available with reserve orders, and it's an alpaca. At this rate, the Harvest Moons of 2017 will come with plush anteaters and spider crabs.

Whoa, huge slam on anteaters out of nowhere!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2