• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi PSP Game Coming from Bandai Namco Games Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quote
They just have to make one for the DS someday...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:23 am Reply with quote
I wonder if The Day of Sagittarius will be included as an omake.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quote
I second that request for a Nintendo DS version! That would be awesome!
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:26 am Reply with quote
Yay for the PSP being region free!

Boo for not knowing Japanese!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:54 am Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
I second that request for a Nintendo DS version! That would be awesome!

They'd probably sell more copies also seeing as how the DS outsells every system. In Japan Nintendo sells about 120K DS a week whereas the next four system (Wii, PSP, PS2, PS3) sales combined just barely beat that number.

Not only that I already have a DS, and don't have plans to pick up a PSP until maybe after that redesign comes out.
Roy9076

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
I don't own a PSP. I was planning to someday, but this game would sell better if it was on the DS. I guess that Haruhi-ist will break down and start buying PSP and the game. Seriously, why do I think Sony somewhat payed them to do that?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, S#ny's systems do offer more computing power, but it's also an obvious test of otaku devotion.

A few months ago, it was "Are you geek enough to buy a PS3 just to play the latest Gundam game?" to which Japan answered the call eminently.

Now it's "Are you geek enough to buy a PSP just to play a Haruhi Suzumiya game?"
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
A few months ago, it was "Are you geek enough to buy a PS3 just to play the latest Gundam game?" to which Japan answered the call eminently.

That game (crossfire) doesn't warrant anyone paying over $500 for a system. There are better version of that game for the Dreamcast....although I am excited about Dynasty Gundam. Thank goodness that is coming out of 360 otherwise I'd actually have to buy a PS3. I also get that Sony system have more power, there also more expensive with less games and horrid load times, (PSP) although the PS marketplace does have some nice things going for it. I just don't know if it will ever catch up to the community of Live.
aluria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I would so buy the game if it was came to Canada and was available on the DS. Somehow I can picture this game in the style of Elite Beat Agents with the gang dancing to Hare Hare Yukai. That, would rock!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Trunks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:

Err, what? Gundam Musou only caused a small bump in weekly PS3 sales for about 2-3 weeks until it settled back down into the low to mid teens. The PS3 hasn't sold over 10k per week for almost a month now.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Trunks wrote:
Patachu wrote:

Err, what? Gundam Musou only caused a small bump in weekly PS3 sales for about 2-3 weeks until it settled back down into the low to mid teens. The PS3 hasn't sold over 10k per week for almost a month now.

Exactly, that small bump is a sign that otakus were willing to jump on a major release and inflate sales for a couple of weeks. That's my whole point.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Trunks wrote:

Still every Gundam game that has been released on the PS3 has become the best seller of the week, Japan just loves their UC gundam games. Hell crossfire was the top seller at launch, which tells you something about games available.

aluria wrote:
I would so buy the game if it was came to Canada and was available on the DS. Somehow I can picture this game in the style of Elite Beat Agents with the gang dancing to Hare Hare Yukai. That, would rock!

Well if it was like Elite Beat Agents (aka Ouendan in Japan) then you could just import it and play it on your DS seeing as how there isn't any region coding for games.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
As a side note, I'm willing to bet "Adventure game" means "visual novel".

EDIT: Horribly butchered babel fish translation:
Quote:
In the popularity series where also TV animation conversion is done, from point of view of boy high school student "キョン", ドタバタof the girl "cool shrine ハルヒ" who seeks strange occurrence everyday life keeps being drawn in 2006. As for the game when it becomes those of adventure type, with thing, the prayer while to converse the character which appears in the world "of the cool shrine ハルヒ" series, keeps making the story advance.

Last edited by Unholy_Nny on Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I only wish there were even a small sliver of a chance that this would be released here. Sad
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
I only wish there were even a small sliver of a chance that this would be released here. Sad

Well if your a true Otaku you'll import it, or something like that. There aren't any region coding on games for the PSP right? Just on the movies, that aren't being released anymore.

Unholy_Nvy wrote:
Adventure game" means "visual novel".

Probably so, with exciting game play like turn the page with the X button. I feel that anime fans really do get the short end of the stick sometimes.

Last edited by Deltakiral on Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2