• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Highlander Anime, Street Fighter II V to Air on Sci Fi

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
I'm starting to notice a dangerous trend with Sci-Fi and that is the tendancy to switch programming every week or two. This jarring schedule may not work in their favor if it continues.

On the other hand, they could work this as "previewing" anime to the mainstream and then get bigger DVD sales because they didn't show the whole thing on television...

This will be interesting to watch play out ^^
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote
Well this is cool.

I mean the pool of titles they have to choose from is smaller due to that it is manga. I see they are putting out much of the new stuff. Which makes sense.

Which brings me to a question? When is the last time Manga announced something at a convention?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Which brings me to a question? When is the last time Manga announced something at a convention?

Wasn't it Tokko or Noein? Or possible GITS: SSS?

Otherwise I had a feeling this would be airing on the block sooner or later seeing as how Manga doesn't exactly have a ton of things to show.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:55 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral:

Hmm, the last I can find on ANN is SSS announced by Bandai at AX '06.

The only reason I ask anyway is that it seems that there is a lot of activity from Manga, with new stuff and all. And I am betting they have one more big one before the end of summer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quote
All right!

What better way to get people to down money on what is quite possible one of the CHEAPEST deals of the year...

Seriously... this movie cost like 12$ at DVDpacific...

Awww man... I can't wait to see this.

(I'm talking about Highlander)
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
I'm starting to notice a dangerous trend with Sci-Fi and that is the tendancy to switch programming every week or two. This jarring schedule may not work in their favor if it continues.

Actually, the current schedule is showing Tokko and Noein running uninterrupted from June 18th to July 23rd. The only changes will be when Macross Plus finishes and Street Fighter II V takes over (these two shows are slated to air after the Tokko and Noein). Then on July 30th they'll run the Highlander anime. It is quite likely they'll return to the Tokko/Noein/Streetfighter II the week after that though that schedule isn't posted yet (and won't be until the end of June at the earliest).

So the current lineup isn't really switching around every few weeks. It's just that Macross Plus doesn't have that many episodes and Street Fighter II V is taking over its slot when it's finished.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I've read about Highland: Search for Vengeance. When I saw the screenshots, I figured "OMG, this show looks *moo*in' awesome." and it's style reminded me of Fist of the North Star and JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. Can't wait to check it out.

Last edited by Riyousha on Wed May 30, 2007 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad The more they come up with the more it kills me that I cant get SciFi here in Canada.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Crying or Very sad The more they come up with the more it kills me that I can't get SciFi here in Canada.

Cross the border, don't worry no one is guarding it. Rolling Eyes Otherwise I am sure that it's going to be fairly cheap buy at most online stores seeing as how Manga stuff is generally pretty low right off the bat. Hell it might actually be in Blockbuster considering it's cult-ish following.

P.S. There can only be ONE country that airs Highlander....
DKL

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

Oh man, that joke never gets old.

(and I'm actually serious)
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:

Oh man, that joke never gets old.

(and I'm actually serious)

And I'll continue to use it as long as there are Highlander movies/TV series/animated movies.....
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Cartoon Network is in for a serious Anime butt-whuppin'?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Cartoon Network is in for a serious Anime butt-whuppin'?

Its lookin pretty likely. At this point I think Sci Fi has more that AS, plus more of their stuff is new or recent Anime. Not to mention more of their stuff is actually good. Too bad its a not part of basic cable, that will hurt em alot.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

I don't know about a whipping but I think there's going to be more folks tuning to other channels. But then again I think that CN/[AS] is moving away from one that and is getting more of those goofy live action-animated shows.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I still think it will be tough to whup'em. Thats if you are talking about ratings that is. As far as content, its Sat vs. Mon. Blood+, Bleach, (GitS, Trinity) v. Tokko, Noien, SSS, Plus. 4 to 2 in my book(GitS doesn't count since I have seen it so much). But I am still enjoying the heck out of Blood+.

But I can tell you where I will be on Mondays Cool

Is anyone else excited about Solid State? Because I sure as hell am.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2