• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - June 9 - 15

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
Ningensei wrote:
No! Why is there no more Prince of Tennis on Toonami? That makes me a sad panda. Crying or Very sad

Seriously though, I always looked forward to watching it after Naruto and One Piece (which I watch for a few laughs). Does anyone know why they pulled it? I guess the ratings weren't high enough or something. So what's being played in their place? Or I just missed it in the column. Embarassed

I've not heard any official reason for PoT and MAR getting pulled (and it isn't like Toonami usually gives out reasons to begin with). Also Zatch Bell is missing in action, as well. What is known at the moment is that The Fantastic Four cartoon is returning; we're getting the Teen Titan Tokyo movie again this week; Naruto looks to be in repeats for a couple of weeks; and One Piece and Bobobo-bo are still airing new shows.

Now, Bobobo-bo is almost to the end of its run and Zatch Bell, if it ever returns, is also toward the end of its first run episodes as well. So it's possible a slot may open up for PoT and/or MAR in the Fall. Then again, the shows may be gone for good. No one has a clue and Toonami (and CN in general) has such random programming changes that we may not know if these shows are back until they actually air. So my take on this is just to wait and see and hope one or both shows return (I actually prefer MAR to PoT but either would be better than Fantastic Four, IMO).

Oh, I am SO eternally pissed at Toonami right now!!! Mad Oh well, hopefully we will get them back this fall, but I highly doubt it. I'll just have to find them online then. Sad

2 corrections regarding your information on Toonami's lineup:

1. Naruto is NOT going to be on repeats. Check it out right here.

2. I'm pretty sure it's just the Teen Titans series instead of the movie. If it were the movie, it wouldn't only be a half an hour long, as stated here.

So there you have it.
rrtycoon2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quote
According to the list, Ergo Proxy is apparently scheduled to reair at midnight EDT on Thursday, However Tenjho Tenge has no reair listed. Does anyone know if Tenge will air again after Ergo Proxy, if Ergo Proxy will air alone, or is there actually no reair scheduled on Fuse.

I just wish I had known about this last night...
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
Oh man, Toonami did it again!!! They manage to piss me off by taking off MAR, the only thing they had that I watched. I hope they bring it back, but I doubt it.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:51 am Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
Uhh...yeah, the blurb about Solid State Society is COMPLETELY and totally wrong about it.

Solid State Society is a 100% original movie sequel/addition to the Stand Alone Complex franchise. It takes place after 2nd GIG and is completely and totally new.

By 100% original, do you mean new art to retell the Puppet Master story from the first movie? Using prettier art to lure in all those new fans & kiddies who won't mind if they "have the foresight" not to kill off the main character of a vastly profitable IP.

Quote:
There are two new channels airing anime for adults

Hmm, I'm going to guess (since we ran out of paper & crayons) Fuse .... and the many-times-previously-discussed-but-hasn't-actually-started-until-now-SciFi? At least Fuse sounds somewhat more familiar than most newly airing channels. *heads off to see if he gets Fuse*
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Quote:
There are two new channels airing anime for adults

Hmm, I'm going to guess (since we ran out of paper & crayons) Fuse .... and the many-times-previously-discussed-but-hasn't-actually-started-until-now-SciFi? At least Fuse sounds somewhat more familiar than most newly airing channels. *heads off to see if he gets Fuse*

Remember, Sci-Fi used to air anime years ago too, in the late 90's, before Adult Swim ever started. I know it's where I saw my first anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ichiro3923

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Well, at least they got E7 going again, since that was the one most people were worried about NOT returning.

Treetastic wrote:
It's YTV. I'm just glad that they're not pulling it to put on something like... oh, I don't know. Monster Warriors. Bleach still has fans. Not bitter about anything, of course. *cough*Detective Conan*cough*

In all fairness, I honestly suspect that YTV only ran Detective Conan as a condition for licensing Fullmetal Alchemist. The 26 episodes they acquired were only considered a "test run". Although it was still awfully malicious of them to try and use the big CanCon Purge of '06 as an excuse to can it. I'm personally hoping that it will be back on the Anime Channel when Corus launches it.

Although if that is the case, I really have to wonder why they couldn't have made test running Fruits Basket a condition for airing Fullmetal Alchemist.

I thought they aired Case Closed because YTV did not have new shows of popular anime series during that time (I think Inu-Yasha, Bleach or something else)

It probably got cancelled because it could only be aired during midnight, since it had gore. (I heard the first case was about aperson whe decapitated someone with a small during a roller-coaster ride)
ichiro3923

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
MeggieMay wrote:
Ningensei wrote:
No! Why is there no more Prince of Tennis on Toonami? That makes me a sad panda. Crying or Very sad

Seriously though, I always looked forward to watching it after Naruto and One Piece (which I watch for a few laughs). Does anyone know why they pulled it? I guess the ratings weren't high enough or something. So what's being played in their place? Or I just missed it in the column. Embarassed

I've not heard any official reason for PoT and MAR getting pulled (and it isn't like Toonami usually gives out reasons to begin with). Also Zatch Bell is missing in action, as well. What is known at the moment is that The Fantastic Four cartoon is returning; we're getting the Teen Titan Tokyo movie again this week; Naruto looks to be in repeats for a couple of weeks; and One Piece and Bobobo-bo are still airing new shows.

Now, Bobobo-bo is almost to the end of its run and Zatch Bell, if it ever returns, is also toward the end of its first run episodes as well. So it's possible a slot may open up for PoT and/or MAR in the Fall. Then again, the shows may be gone for good. No one has a clue and Toonami (and CN in general) has such random programming changes that we may not know if these shows are back until they actually air. So my take on this is just to wait and see and hope one or both shows return (I actually prefer MAR to PoT but either would be better than Fantastic Four, IMO).

Oh, I am SO eternally pissed at Toonami right now!!! Mad Oh well, hopefully we will get them back this fall, but I highly doubt it. I'll just have to find them online then. Sad

2 corrections regarding your information on Toonami's lineup:

1. Naruto is NOT going to be on repeats. Check it out right here.

2. I'm pretty sure it's just the Teen Titans series instead of the movie. If it were the movie, it wouldn't only be a half an hour long, as stated here.

So there you have it.

About the Teen Titan series, does that mean that they're airing (or have already aired) new shows of teen titans?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
ichiro3923 wrote:
It probably got cancelled because it could only be aired during midnight, since it had gore. (I heard the first case was about aperson whe decapitated someone with a small during a roller-coaster ride)

I can guarantee you that is not the case. It was only moved to midnight because of the whole CanCon fiasco, not because of its content. (Which was tame compared to a lot of stuff in FMA!) Also, Ghost in the Shell was only aired around midnight, and it almost completed three runs on the station.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:13 am Reply with quote
They were scheduled to air the Teen Titan's movie on June 9th according to their schedule at the time I posted. If they didn't air it, well then that's just typical Cartoon Network. They are a horrid channel about changing schedules at random with little or no warning. As for Naruto, it was suppose to be in repeats for a few weeks but once again CN must have changed their minds (thought that link is for June 16th, so they may have aired repeats on the 9th).

As for new Teen Titans - last I heard the show is out of production. Cartoon Network passed on buying new episodes, so it's over. So there isn't an "new" episodes for TT unless they have some they've not aired yet and you'd need to ask someone else about that (because I don't follow TT).
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
eh...

Remi isn't part of World Masterpiece Theater, it was indeed made by TMS, but World Masterpiece Theater was made by Nippon Animation.

http://users.animanga.com/meisaku/nonwmt_E.htm

It's a really nice series, but I have to warn you, you'll cry, if you don't then you aren't human.

I got to watch it when I was a kid, since most of the WMT series were broadcasted in Mexico Very Happy
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote
wilson_x1999 wrote:
Remi isn't part of World Masterpiece Theater, it was indeed made by TMS, but World Masterpiece Theater was made by Nippon Animation.

http://users.animanga.com/meisaku/nonwmt_E.htm

Seconded. WMT/NA version is the 1996 remake, not the 1977 original licensed by ImaginAsian.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quote
ichiro3923 wrote:
About the Teen Titan series, does that mean that they're airing (or have already aired) new shows of teen titans?

That I have no clue as to if that's true or not, but based on what MeggieMay just said, it's probably more than likely reruns.

As for Naruto, they did indeed show the new episode for that week, so you probably saw the repeats they always do of the episode from the week before (and lately the one from 2 weeks ago Confused ) and thought they were going on repeats or something. But yeah, I'd say it's no surprise if they decided to change they're minds. That's CN for ya! Rolling Eyes
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society
(Sci Fi Channel)
Monday June 11 11:00pm

A big round of applause, folks, for Sci Fi Channel!

... and glad I checked the listings before heading into this week's Selects.

Also, let's not clap too loudly. While understandable, it is still sad to see that in their premier of bringing anime back, and to the NA/cable/tv premier of GitS:SSS, it will NOT be commercial free (or at least limited "interruption") ... two and a half hours to show an hour-forty film *cough*cough* that's bad even for a Turner channel. Maybe I should just go ahead and let the DVR record so it can skip the commercials.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Remember, Sci-Fi used to air anime years ago too, in the late 90's, before Adult Swim ever started. I know it's where I saw my first anime.

Ah Saturday Morning Anime, the likes of Green Legend Ran and Roujin Z. Good times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3