• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - June 9 - 15

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sweetmusic_01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quote
ichiro3923 wrote:

About the Teen Titan series, does that mean that they're airing (or have already aired) new shows of teen titans?

Looks like it's going to be repeats for awhile.

Does anyone think that the reason for MÄR and The Prince of Tennis are getting a rest is so that they don't get too far ahead of the DVD releases?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
I'm watching Solid State Society now. A commercial break is running at the moment. There are a LOT of commercials, but at least there are few breaks, so you don't get taken out of the movie as much as you would if they had three commercial breaks every half-hour.

And it's VERY different than the original GitS movie; they have little in common. It's not a rehash at all.

UPDATE: Finished watching. It was definitely worth my time. Very thoughtful, as GitS tends to be.

Well, 15 minutes of show followed by 4 minutes of ads (you could almost set a watch to it) could have been worse ... but having navigation control, making 50+ minuntes of commercials take up less than one (and only since I manually searched the final break becuase it was so long I wanted to make sure something hadn't been skipped,) and not needing to stay up until 1:30 to watch it was definitely worth the slight(-ly further, *sigh* cannot wait for SciFi-HD) signal degredation caused by the older analog converter.

Nice to see it wasn't the blatent rehash the summaries made it out to be .. pity they spoiler[didn't let Togusa die] even if they couldn't kill Motoko off. Also good they included some elements of the second book. Will be interesting to see in 2-3 weeks if the mosaic scene and dialog that *cough*seemed to cut-out for a word or two*cough* was the only editing done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3