• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 6,000 See One-Night Naruto Run, Viz Mulls Other Films

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:
Who bets they could have doubled the amount of people if it was shown subbed???? Maybe Bleach Memories of Nobody will get a subbed release when it comes out here.

Not likely. The VAST majority of people in the audience were 10-13 year old kids (And their parents.) who, judging by the conversations I overheard, weren't very familiar with anything outside the dub.

While a subbed release may have attracted more of the "hardcore" fans, that's not what movie theatres want. They want as many people in their theatre as possible, so more people will buy snacks and put quarters in the lobby games. A subbed version would probably scare off children, which in turn would probably scare off theatres.

Bleach, more likely, as it's fanbase is much older (Due to being on Adult Swim and not toonami.) and probably more comfortable with reading subtitles.

The Naruto movie's dub was great. It was easy to tell that the dub actors were really putting their best into the voices, and there were only the slightest of dialogue changes. They even included the Japanese VAs in the pre-show feature.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3