• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ms. Answerman: The Internet Question Massacre

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drakh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:58 am Reply with quote
About Giant Robo... Manga has actually stated that they've lost the license, and that someone else will be releasing the show on R1 DVD.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:27 pm Reply with quote
drakh wrote:
About Giant Robo... Manga has actually stated that they've lost the license, and that someone else will be releasing the show on R1 DVD.

And there was a great cheer from the Giant Robo community...tired of their Gaint Bobo bootlegs...the day may finally come when Giant Robo is on a real R1 DVD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I've just added this item that was sent to us by Tokyopop:

Kristien Brada-Thompson or Tokyopop confirms for us, "the Digimon manga series TOKYOPOP publishes is a translation of the original manga, which was created in Chinese. To my knowledge there has been no further editing other than to keep the character names consistent with those in the TV series."

Because I just got back from Vacation, I wasn't able to get the answer from them directly in time for the article, so I added it in now.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:17 pm Reply with quote
drakh wrote:

I can't believe I missed that, I edited the report from NDK, so I should have caught that item right away.

Thanks for pointing it out, I've fixed Answerman.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I just hope the unknown company gets the Manga Dub it was so over the top that it fit the show perfectly.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Rebecca wrote:
Bottle Fairy - If you're not a fan of cute things that are there for no other reason than to be cute, then I suggest you avoid this one like the plague. The animation is nearly flawless, though it'd have to be with characters this simple in design. Aside from this, the show has nothing to offer except promise of more episodes with the fairies spending their day by being cute. There isn't any plot that I can see, though there's the (unlikely) possibility of one showing up in the future. All in all, if you can make it through one episode without laughing or twitching, then you're made of stronger stuff then I am.

Shouldn't it read "There isn't any story that I can see..." since the "plot" is technically just anything that happens on screen, i.e. "the fairy flutters from flower to flower"? Not that I particularly care when people say "plot" when they mean "story" but I know some people do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Finally, I can put my VHS Dubbed Gaint Robo in storage. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:32 pm Reply with quote
WTF?! I posted a thread for Ms. Answerman first, $%#@! And you forgot to mention Snake Plissken in that letter about American and Japanese anime co-productions.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:38 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
WTF?! I posted a thread for Ms. Answerman first, $%#@! And you forgot to mention Snake Plissken in that letter about American and Japanese anime co-productions.

she only mention one. its not like she made a list on anything. I.G has been doing a lot of stuff for American. Kill Bill, Escape from New York, T-Mobile...I can't think of the other one but I could of sworn there was one.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:51 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
WTF?! I posted a thread for Ms. Answerman first, $%#@!

No, you posted your thread 2 hours after this one was started, this thread already had 6 posts when you made yours.

Quote:
And you forgot to mention Snake Plissken in that letter about American and Japanese anime co-productions.

No one forgot anything.

There have been quite literally hundreds of Japanese / American co-productions...

You weren't expecting Rebecca to list them all, were you?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1