• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Parody on MSNBC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:40 pm Reply with quote
"But when Queen Beryl of the Negaverse invades Earth and the Sailor Scouts can’t stop her with their usual Mercury Bubble Freeze and Cosmic Moon Power attacks, Rooney saves the day by complaining petulantly about something he saw on the back of a cereal box, boring the villains to death."

Anime hyper Oi, that was great. Just goes to show how anime, or at least certian anime shows, are becoming a common part of our culture I suppose. It's obvious the person who did this thing did research at least to get the attacks and names correctly.
space clam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Andy Rooney, Galactic Hero... Of course, the article might have been written by someone whose kid(s) adored the anime, in which case the author's research was involuntary memorization by force of repetition. (Kind of how parents used to [still do] have to know all the names of the Pokémon to keep their kids happy) Now, if we could just take Jessica Simpson and put her under the psychological microscope of Evangelion...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1