• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Studios Forecast Profit Drops

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Does Bandai Visual's numbers reflect its investment in the North American market? It is hard for me to believe they are even getting a 1.0 return on investment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Does Bandai Visual's numbers reflect its investment in the North American market? It is hard for me to believe they are even getting a 1.0 return on investment.

I think that this is for Japan, although I like to see how they are doing the US.

Still even the companies that are making profit are all basically not related to anime. One is from letting people go, and one is from arcade. Which makes me think that the companies really must be needing the licensing fees to turn their profit.
Hokum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quote
I mean is there anything coming out currently, which will be remembered in 5 years time? I dont see many GIT's, or FMA's coming out currently.
birdboy2000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Hokum, what about Death Note? Also... Ouran was pretty recent and funny as heck, Haruhi was Haruhi, and both Naruto and Bleach will be remembered if only for their length and fanbases.

Anyway, it's just a drop in profits. It's not GOOD, but... they're still making millions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1