• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2007-06-15]

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
Richard J. you look great...seriously, I am surprised you were hesitant about puting a pic up I mean come on dude nothin to worry about with looks like that. Very Happy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVENTHEEUNUCH!!! *tosses confetti*

Last edited by omar235 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quote
technically my birthday is on the 20th of june so while I only have roughly 8 hours left, you guys probably have way more.

Just saying.
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
technically my birthday is on the 20th of june so while I only have roughly 8 hours left, you guys probably have way more.

Just saying.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Steventheeunuch! A little bit earlier in the thread, someone was confused as to why you would receive a scarf in a place like Australia, which is often thought of as being mainly a warm place by many people in the northern hemisphere. It is winter right now in Australia, isn't it? Are Australia's winters cold? (Of course, it probably depends on where you live on the continent, huh?)
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quote
If Bamboo Dong is allowing a thread to be created, then she would pretty much have the say over how the thread will be run, unless Zac would like to have his say on it. The moderators would only mod bad posts then. I need to check out that thread, and look where this week's Answerman has taken us Laughing
Ningensei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quote
Yay Richard J. you posted your pic! I didn't think you needed to if you weren't comfortable, but everyone was really looking forward to it!

The Apocalypse seems to not have happened, so no more worrying about what other people think or being afraid! Wink

I'll probably post my "profile" in the Meet ANN thread sometime tomorrow...it takes a while to try to come up with something or to talk about yourself and I'm tired. Heh.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

Looks like you hit a sore spot psycho. Come on Zac. Mean spirited Flaming and stuff is one thing, but its a long way from a little innocent joking around.

There's no "come on zac" about it. I said nothing about the photo being a "mean spirited flame". I invited people to screw with my photo. All I was saying was that I kept an eye on this to make sure nobody was mocking any of our users' photos.

Okay, i see. I know you were not saying it was flaming, but it sounded like you were mad that he shopped your picture. I guess it came off that way cause you then it sounded like you were saying "No photoshoping of pictures or any jokes at all. I guess you werent. (I still dont see how youre inviting people to do so in your post though.) But, yeah if youre just clarifying that anything is NOT fair game like was said then thats understandable.

BTW, sorry psyco I meant whoever made that pic. I though it was you but I see now you just quoted it.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quote
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:

Just saying.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Steventheeunuch! A little bit earlier in the thread, someone was confused as to why you would receive a scarf in a place like Australia, which is often thought of as being mainly a warm place by many people in the northern hemisphere. It is winter right now in Australia, isn't it? Are Australia's winters cold? (Of course, it probably depends on where you live on the continent, huh?)

Yeah. It's much warmer up in the north than the south, which can actually get kinda cold. not as cold as some places, but when you're used to certian weather and then it screws you around then it's irritating.

This has turned out to be a pretty awful birthday honestly.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quote
Well now, that is a very beautiful simile that you've used to describe my comments! Thank you very much for letting me know that my writing can be an enjoyable read.
I was hoping that sounded good. Occasionally I start waxing poetic and sometimes it sounds good, sometimes not. I do enjoy reading your posts and felt a spontaneous need to express that enjoyment. I'm just glad I didn't accidentally annoy you.

I accept your bestowment of the rank of Knight of ANN! Anime hyper

The first two thoughts I had when I saw your picture were: 1. He has nicely combed hair. 2. Does he have an Irish or Scottish background?
1: Thank you, I really have to work to keep my hair in line. It seems to think it's related to Medusa's snakes.

2: Yes actually. I'd have to go back a ways, but a fair portion of my family tree is rooted in both countries. (Scottish more on my father's side and Irish more on my mother's side.) My ethnic background is kind of boring actually since there's not a lot of variety to it. Still, born American, so at least I've got that going for me.

Ningensei wrote:
The Apocalypse seems to not have happened, so no more worrying about what other people think or being afraid! Wink
I'm not there yet, but posting that picture is something I absolutely would not have done a few years ago. Of course, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone wanted to see it at all.

Steventheeunuch wrote:
That sucks. Sad You'll have to celebrate twice as hard next year!

Many thanks to Ningensei, omar235, britannicamoore, Deltakiral, and LilacShadow for the compliments and kind words! Ya'll really make it easy to feel okay about having posted a picture of myself.

@ psycho 101: Considering your comments here, I'd perfer it if you don't fantasize about me. Although working in a carnival sounds like fun. Wink

spoiler[Just in case you or anyone else misunderstands, I took zero offense at what you said. I know (hope?) you were kidding around.]
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:

Sad to hear. Hope it improves next year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:

I'm not there yet, but posting that picture is something I absolutely would not have done a few years ago. Of course, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone wanted to see it at all.

@ psycho 101: Considering your comments here, I'd prefer it if you don't fantasize about me. Although working in a carnival sounds like fun. Wink

spoiler[Just in case you or anyone else misunderstands, I took zero offense at what you said. I know (hope?) you were kidding around.]

Wonderful, you get dubbed a Knight of ANN (is that similar to Knights of the Zodiac??) and I'm the ANN court jester. Rolling Eyes ::puts on his jester hat and dances like a tool:: Eh, at least I'm not the ANN toilet cleaner ::cough new mods cough:: hehe

I can understand why some people are hesitant to give out their names and post pictures. Being a criminal Justice major I"m supposed to say "be careful kids for perverts on the net!" As for myself, I've never been afraid to post my info simply because I'm strongly convinced NO ONE IN THE HISTORY ON MANKIND would wanna stalk and/or rape me. It just aint happening. I think many people wanted to see your face out of a state of curiosity. I mean, we're just names really on some forum. Knowing what you look like might make you seem more "real" if that makes any sense.

As for the carny disfiguraton....:::hides the scythe::: yea just a joke Twisted Evil
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:

Now you're going to have to put that title under your name. Wink

Quote:
Of course, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone wanted to see it at all.

Just out of sheer curiosity is all. Personally I'd like to see everyone's pics if I could, but if they don't want to, that's just fine. Still though, it is nice to have a face to go with the poster rather than just an avatar, especially if there a really nice person, just like you! Very Happy I have to say though, that's about how I pictured you in the first place. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. Smile
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow! I'm away for about 2 days and this thread has really taken off! To everyone who has posted a pic since Monday:

The guys look Cool

The ladies look very pretty.

For anyone who wants/needs a refresher, here's mine http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/whearn9999/647855890110_0_ALB1.jpg

I'm glad to see a new thread started. I was kinda sad to think that this thread would eventually die and I was going to suggest the idea of a "picture thread" or something. As soon as I dream up some fun facts about me, I'll post over there.

Oh, and Richard J:
There is something I always say to people who talk down about themselves, and it is this:

We are our own worst critics.

Everyone at one time or another thinks bad about themselves. It's normal. Beauty or handsomeness is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, my eyes have only seen beautiful/handsome people on this thread. Smile
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Umm and when are we going to see a sexy picture of Omar-san??? Or did he post it somewhere already?

daedelus wrote:
For anyone who wants/needs a refresher, here's mine http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/whearn9999/647855890110_0_ALB1.jpg
WHAT is that malignant tumor growing out of your left thigh??? j/k Wink j/k Wink j/k
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I've lost my mind and after much hassle managed to get a current photo of myself http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z119/MeggieMay_album/MegJune2007.png

Not a bad photo for a uber cheep digital camera but it reminds me on why I don't like photos of myself in general Embarassed
kolibri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Hey Past, how about you share your photo before you ask others to post theirs, let alone criticize those who did. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 27