• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2007-06-15]

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Umm and when are we going to see a sexy picture of Omar-san??? Or did he post it somewhere already?

daedelus wrote:
For anyone who wants/needs a refresher, here's mine http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/whearn9999/647855890110_0_ALB1.jpg
WHAT is that malignant tumor growing out of your left thigh??? j/k Wink j/k Wink j/k

Doctors call it a "nephew". That's about all I know except that it grows bigger and smarter every day. Laughing
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl"]The first two thoughts I had when I saw your picture were: 1. He has nicely combed hair.

I thought so too! I only brush my hair when it's wet because it's think and curly

Nice pictures everyone! I still refer to everyone by their icon (I don't know why because it's not real) You know what would be interesting: hearing everyone's accent!
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
This has turned out to be a pretty awful birthday honestly.

Sad

It's still June 20th where I am, so...

Happy Birthday!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:
Hey Past, how about you share your photo before you ask others to post theirs, let alone criticize those who did. Rolling Eyes

I made it clear that no photos of me would appear on this website for the world to see. I have my reasons and I'm not backing down. Omar already said a photo of him was in the works and the tumor comment was purely out of jest. I will stop asking for or commenting on other's photos.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
I will stop asking for or commenting on other's photos.

Thank you, that was getting tiresome. If you're not willing to post your own photo then it isn't cool to comment on others.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
[quote="SakechanBD"]
psycho 101 wrote:
I go away for one weekend and this place turns into a dating hotline it seems. Everyone posting pictures of themselves trying to get the hookup....where in the world am I ?!?!?!? I'll try and respond to any many as I can think of in my sleep deprived state. As for posting my own, I posted before I am fugly. I'm not just fugly, I'm fuglier then a baboon's ass and twice as dorky as Zac so I'll spare you all the torment.

;____; Awwwww. We wanna see!!!! I bet you're super handsome (like Richard J!) and are afraid to make all the other guys jealous. Post!!
[quote]

You asked for this, remember that when your eyes explode and your hair catches fire from the horror! Me
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:

You asked for this, remember that when your eyes explode and your hair catches fire from the horror! Me

Oh God my eyes! Water, water... Oh wait, my eyes are fine and my hair isn't on fire, that was just my dinner burning to a crisp. Wink
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:

You look better than I do!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:

You look fine. Completely normal.

Just like everyone else in this thread, actually. It's strange to think that everyone else is completely normal but hey, they are.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:32 am Reply with quote
I almost posted my myspace url but decided getting a photo bucket account might be better. I'm not sure how photo bucket accounts work exactly but it seems no one looked at my picture (if the bandwidth thingy in the options actually works) so I guess the grief I went through to get a current photo wasn't worth it (so far the only comment I've gotten is from my sister and she saw the picture via my My Space page Rolling Eyes ) Confused [then again if the bandwidth thingy in the options doesn't work, or that really doesn't take much bandwidth, maybe I should post a avatar there for use here (since this board doesn't let you upload avatars and that is why I don't have one here Smile ) . ]
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:07 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:

You look fine. Completely normal.

Just like everyone else in this thread, actually. It's strange to think that everyone else is completely normal but hey, they are.

So I take it I'm not the only one who expected some sort of carnies too. Laughing I'm still hopeful that maybe Selenta might fit the bill. I was betting on Nagi (being from the deep south) but he proved me wrong dang nabbit. It is kinda weird though isn't it, how normal we all are? I want my carny freak!!! Laughing
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:23 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
I was betting on Nagi (being from the deep south) but he proved me wrong dang nabbit.
Rolling Eyes I know that was a joke, but God is that an old stereotype that needs to die. (Besides, everyone knows we converted our freaks into moonshine ages ago!)

@ Zac: Hey now, who are you calling normal? I'll have you know that I'm quite abnormal thank you very much. Wink
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Heck, Richard... If we were normal, we wouldn't be here... As I've always thought: Everyone in this chunk of rock is utterly crazy, be it because or someone, something, or just because.

And I'm proud of being crazy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
As far as my picture...*clears throat* it's....it's in the works...I will eventually post it. First I have to go out and get a camera though. Anime smile + sweatdrop I will get it out there eventually...I promise. How about by the end of July, thats when it will appear. Wink

As far as everyone looking normal, I was quite surprised by that to, I was expecting some pretty odd people...guess not. "oh where, oh where have the carnies gone"
Jariten
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
@ Zac: Hey now, who are you calling normal? I'll have you know that I'm quite abnormal thank you very much. Wink

Normal is a very relative term, you know.

I guess it's my turn to cave to peer pressure: Me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 27