• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2007-06-15]

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Jariten wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
@ Zac: Hey now, who are you calling normal? I'll have you know that I'm quite abnormal thank you very much. Wink

Normal is a very relative term, you know.

I guess it's my turn to cave to peer pressure: Me.

Maybe Zac figures we're normal, by ANN standards. This could be completely different from society though. In the real world if we walked out in public we might be shunned and herded into back alleys or under bridges where we can hide in boxes and live off of scraps in dumpsters. When it gets dark and foggy we can slink around at night scaring little children and eating small animals. Shocked
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Answerman answered my question! I wrote the 'kid-voice actors' question.

...Sorry for interrupting. Man, that was exciting! Anime smile

And I should have known that Al was done by a kid...his whine was too child-like (in a good way).

By the way: This is what I look like.http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278/Djanki/Levitz9.jpg
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Jariten wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
@ Zac: Hey now, who are you calling normal? I'll have you know that I'm quite abnormal thank you very much. Wink

Normal is a very relative term, you know.
I was just kidding a bit. Didn't the Wink make that clear?

I'm largely of the same mindset as TestamentSaki and just thought I would make a small joke. I know normal is a relative term. I'm actually rather fond of the movie In the Mouth of Madness and a line from it basically says "the sane and insane can easily switch places if the insane become the majority." Normalcy and reality are dictated by the majority opinion.

I have been a tad surprised by how good people look though. Normal might actually be an insult if applied to some of the ladies on here. Shocked (We could use one of those anime nosebleed smilies.)

Oh, and Jariten, nice picture! For some reason, your face reminds me of Anthony Michael Hall.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:39 pm Reply with quote
*High-fives with Richard*

Glad to know you agree with my Sakian philosophy about craziness Anime hyper.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
Wow! Answerman answered my question! I wrote the 'kid-voice actors' question.

...Sorry for interrupting. Man, that was exciting! Anime smile

And I should have known that Al was done by a kid...his whine was too child-like (in a good way).

By the way: This is what I look like.http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278/Djanki/Levitz9.jpg

Child actors sound a lot better but I don't think anime has the budget for child actors. Most Canadian's should remember Sugar from the Zone (She did the second voice for Rini in Sailor Moon) and she sounds exactly like a child. I do find it annoying sometimes when a character in anime who is like 5 sounds too high pitched and weird sounding because it's obvious that a 35 year old did it.
Ningensei

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
You asked for this, remember that when your eyes explode and your hair catches fire from the horror! Me

Yay, psycho 101, you finally posted your picture. I think everyone on ANN who has seen it has survived... Smile
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:03 pm Reply with quote

(I hear dormcat has the whole season, but I think that volume is his favorite)
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:

(I hear dormcat has the whole season, but I think that volume is his favorite)

This might well be the best banner ever, you need to submit that for the answerman column this week. I like how there even a very tiny Bamboo in there, she's like tinker bell.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

This might well be the best banner ever, you need to submit that for the answerman column this week. I like how there even a very tiny Bamboo in there, she's like tinker bell.

That banner is simply awesome. I agree Bamboo looks like a little cosplay tinker bell. I think she's that little voice of reason you hear. You know the cartoons with the little angel on the shoulder? That was Bamboo. The little angel on their shoulders. Except instead of whispering happy thoughts she whispers malevolent thoughts and drives them to madness. I think she and dormcat have a plot to take Zac out. She quietly puts evil thoughts in his mind and then dormcat drives him nuts with the subliminal messages hidden in the patterns on his plaid shirts. Unfortunately it seems PG walked in at some point and the message got screwed up and now he's infatuated with dormcat and plaid. I heard he asked WP to dress up as AL from Home Improvement the next time she goes to a con. Shocked
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
[img]

How dare you photoshopped Halko's autograph?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I just posted a couple of more recent pictures of me in the Meet ANN thread over in the anime forum, and just decided to post them over here as well. So here they are:

Me
Me and my 2 year old nephew and 7 year old niece
epixeltwin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quote
oh, well. the only digital pics I have of myself are the ones from last year's prom and after-prom. And you don't want to see my afterprom, drunk and stoned people aren't too hot to look at.

So here's me. Oh, I'm the Guy in that picture
I love wearin' suits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 27 of 27