• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leprochaun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm a new member so I might as well do this.

Name: Let's just go with Leprochaun for now.
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Religion: Agnostic

Favorite anime: Trigun, Is This a Zombie?, FLCL, Code Geass, Darker than Black.

Favorite Manga: The only manga I ever really got to read was FMA. Vermont doesn't have many options. I do however own Die Welle, which is a german graphic novel. Does that count?(I'm guessing no.)

Sites I frequent: I used to write a lot and I used a site called Figment to share those creations. Most of the music I listen to comes from Soundcloud. I'm on tumblr occasionally. And like most every other person with internet, I have a facebook.

Favorite Music:
C2C, Beats Antique, Cee-Roo, Nym, Bombs, The Clockwork Quartet, Melt Yourself Down

Hobbies:
Sometimes I mess around in garageband and make super simplistic music. Other times I play with programs like MSPaint making terribly drawn comic strips. I also enjoy mapping out rpgs from time to time. I actually built an rpg around last year. With freeware of course. Otherwise it'd be way too daunting of a task.

Photo:
I think I've taken like 3 pictures in the last two years, so this'll have to do.
http://oi39.tinypic.com/30kr8sn.jpg

If there's anything else anyone would really like to know, just ask.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Leprochaun--

1. WELCOME TO THE FORA!!!
  2. How did you first come across the A.N.N. website?
Leprochaun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
How did you first come across the A.N.N. website?

A couple years ago I got super into anime. So much so that I ended up looking for the anime to come. So in my attempts to find a list of announced anime I came across this site, and a few blogs. At the time I didn't really trust the whole "The internet's most trusted anime news source" blurb. Though compared to blogs I didn't really feel like I had much of a choice. That was probably like a year ago.

Thank you for that introduction. That was very bold of you.

Whoops, I just made a terrible joke.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Leprochaun--

1. WELCOME TO THE FORA!!!
  2. How did you first come across the A.N.N. website?

Wow nbahn your getting in before very one else... How greedy if you Wink

Welcome Leprochaun!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
0LookItsRob0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Hey everyone , very first anime forum I signed up for so if I post somewhere wrong or something please let me know . I'm on my phone most of the time so I couldn't copy paste all that bit I'll let you know bout me the best I can

Names Robet but just call me Rob lol , I just turned 22 and been watching anime since I was a kid but not to hardcore ... I watched alottttt but I can never remember the names I like lol . I work 6 days a week cooking at my buddy's place. My fav anime has to be sword art online .. Didn't wana be a groupie but I can't get over that series lol or strike the blood not done but I love it so far .

I will post link of my skinny self once I get one and some time .
Corny but just looking for a site to talk and meet cool anime lovers :)
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
Robet--
WELCOME TO THE FORA!!! Very Happy
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Hey Rob!

Nice to meet you. That's cool that you are a cook. What kind of food do you typically make? Is it a restaurant?

@TsunaReborn!

I saw your headline the other day and decided to check out Time of Eve. I want to say a huge thank you for introducing me to one of the best things I have ever seen. Anyway, I am definitely "enjoying the time of eve"! Very Happy
MacAttack270

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I've been using the site for a couple months now, but stuck to lurking up until this point. Figured I might as well introduce myself to you fine ladies and gentlemen.

Name: Mack
Sex: Male
Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Western European (a bunch)
Religion: Not into it anymore.
Pets: None for the time being; but one day I will own a Siberian Husky
Drink/Smoke: Occasionally, but not often.

Likes: Films (most kinds); Skiing; Snowboarding (still learning); Traveling
Dislikes: Pretentiousness; Inability to Compromise; Green Green (seriously, how could an anime named after my favorite color be that horrible; easily it turns out); Excessive Blatant Fan Service; Dwarf Planets

Favorite anime: I'll just go off my list (admittedly it's still fairly small seeing as how I've only gotten into anime within the last year): I've got 3 listed as Masterpiece: Clannad: AS, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Other favorites include Angel Beats!, Anohana, Mirai Nikki, Higurashi (both seasons), and Steins;Gate. Oh and despite my above statement that I dislike excessive fan service, for some reason I really enjoy Freezing as well; go figure.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Haven't gotten around to checking any out yet. I'm sure it's inevitable at some point.
Favorite game: Dead Space series, Mass Effect series, pretty much anything that has an intricate and interesting story.
Favorite TV shows/Movies: HIMYM, Doctor Who, Californication, Archer, Scrubs, We Were Soldiers, Black Hawk Down, almost anything with Paul Rudd in it.

Favorite Drink: IPA's
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Diet Coke: it makes you a better leader.
Favorite Foods: Hot Wings; beef lo mein; seafood; heck, I'll try anything once.

Favorite Sites: Wikipedia (seriously, sometimes I just go on there to click random articles and see how far I get reading subsequent related articles); Washington Post; al Jazeera; ANN; Amazon; Crunchyroll
Favorite Sport (to watch): Hockey
Favorite Sport (to play): American Football
Favorite Music: Really anything except country. If I hear a song on the radio or out somewhere and I like it, then it gets put on my iPod.

Hobbies: Isn't this the same as likes?

Fun facts about Mack:
I only got into anime a year ago (other than the trappings of Toonami when I was a kid; I'm talking about you DBZ, Sailor Moon, Gundam, etc.). Funny story, I literally ran out of things to watch on Netflix, so I decided to try a little show called High School of the Dead because it was on my list of suggested titles. Many good (and a couple bad) anime later, here I am. Yay?

One day I woke up vibrating...turns out I was in a Sharper Image. True Story.

All joking aside, it's a pleasure to introduce myself to y'all. The recommendations of this site, as well as several users of this forum have helped guide my nascent journey into the world of anime. One of my favorites of all time, PMMM, I would never have even heard of (well, at least for awhile) if it hadn't been for discussion on this forum. In any case, greetings!

Last edited by MacAttack270 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, Mack . . . . .
WELCOME TO THE FORA!!!
Please enjoy your stay! Smile Very Happy
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Hey Mack!

Welcome to ANN!
You remind me of myself a bit. A couple of years ago a random Netflix recommendation started it all for me too, haha. Now I can hardly get enough of the stuff. Its good to have you here!

I also agree that PMMM is indeed a masterpiece! I would like to Suggest Gen Urobuchi's other works, Psycho-Pass and Fate/Zero to you as well. I think you'll like them. Smile
MacAttack270

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Thank ye kindly, nbahn. I look forward to the stay. And relyat08, it's funny how things work out like that. I'm glad I decided to give anime a shot; I definitely discovered an artform that I am certainly appreciative of. I'll be sure to check them out.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:22 am Reply with quote
MacAttack270 wrote:
I only got into anime a year ago (other than the trappings of Toonami when I was a kid; I'm talking about you DBZ, Sailor Moon, Gundam, etc.). Funny story, I literally ran out of things to watch on Netflix, so I decided to try a little show called High School of the Dead because it was on my list of suggested titles. Many good (and a couple bad) anime later, here I am. Yay?

This is literally the same way I got into anime (except replace HOTD with Elfen Lied); same time frame and everything. We even seem to have a lot of the same tastes. WEIRD.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
@TsunaReborn!

I saw your headline the other day and decided to check out Time of Eve. I want to say a huge thank you for introducing me to one of the best things I have ever seen. Anyway, I am definitely "enjoying the time of eve"! Very Happy

I don't think I did anything but I'll take the thanks Laughing. Honestly though I'm glad you enjoyed as its a quality show! As of now, for me, only two shows rate higher than it: Anohana & Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Also a big welcome to everyone who has jointed the forum! Please, make yourselves at home Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MacAttack270

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm tempted to say great minds think alike, but I think it's safe to chalk it up to coincidence Sohma_Curse. Smile
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I don't think I did anything but I'll take the thanks Laughing. Honestly though I'm glad you enjoyed as its a quality show! As of now, for me, only two shows rate higher than it: Anohana & Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Very Happy I have a few more action titles between them, but as far as Drama/Romance go, those are definitely my top 3 as well.

@MackAttack270

I didn't think there were other people like that, haha. Anime kind of seemed like something that you either grew up with, or you didn't. Apparently that is not the case as much as I thought. Its cool to see the community grow o much lately. I'm always trying to get friends and family to give it a shot too. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 198 of 233