• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:56 am Reply with quote
Hi Yamstarch, welcome to ANN!

It's always good to hear more people are rediscovering anime. I really like your avatar; what's it from?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:

It's always good to hear more people are rediscovering anime. I really like your avatar; what's it from?

It's Saito Hiraga from the Familiar of Zero. Thanks!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:27 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:

A big ANN welcome indeed Yamstarch! It is nice to another fan get sucked back into the anime fandom lol. As the Eagles song says, you can check out but you can never leave. Wink I'm right above you up in MD so it's nice to see another poster from the general area.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:29 am Reply with quote
Hi!

My name is MysticMew. After frequenting ANN for quite some time, I figured it was time to sign up so I could actually participate/comment/whatever. Anime smile

As I can get pretty long-winded when something interests me I'll reduce this to the most important facts for now (which is still a bit). Everything else about what I am doing and is noteworthy can be found on my site and blog (see below).

Name: MysticMew

Origin: Bremen, Germany

Hobbies: Anime/Manga (duh), Video Games (duh!), long-time fanfiction writer (some MIGHT recognizes my nick Anime smile) but lately more articles, reviews and stuff.

Favorite Anime/Manga: Since this could get potentially VERY long, I point once again to my site (I have an entire section for that) and reduce it to a bare minimum. Sailor Moon (I am of the generation that got introduced/aware of anime through it), Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (if I had to name and all-time favorite this would be it), Mai-Otome (judged by the number of rewatch times Anime smile), Slayers and a lot more... You get the picture. I like a lot of fantasy/magical (girl) stuff but I've recently expanded quite a bit.

Favorite Games: Tales of (Phantasia, Eternia, Symphonia and perhaps Graces f most of all), Zelda (Twilight Princess most of all), Fire Emblem (6-10, I have no 3DS so no Awakening *sob*) and a whole lot more. I am mostly playing RPGs (preferable Party-RPG), a sports game here and there if I feel like it.

Favorite TV Series: I barely watch TV anymore because of well... Lack of good (or even decent) content. My TV series generation resolved around such things as Buffy, Charmed, Alias, Dark Angel etc.

Favorite Books: The best thing I've read lately (and I am fairly decent reader) would be Game of Thrones (I like the narration style as it is rather close to my own which surprised me a lot since mine is fairly unique). Currently reading the Liveship Trilogy (about halfway through Book 2), I cannot quite make up my mind about it.

Other Favorites: Star Wars, I guess. I grew up with Star Wars, read most of the books, dropped it for awhile, returned to it and then gave up on it. NYO was great but then Troy Denning destroyed every momentum. Looking forward to Episode 7, although I am somewhat uncertain about the Disney takeover... It's not that great of a focus anymore now as it used to be but still something I can be passionate about.

Website: http://mysticmew.bplaced.net/ (mostly an archive, but you can find my anime list there)

Blog: http://mysticmew44.blogspot.de/
Here are most of my articles, reviews etc., I could use some (/any) visitors, feeback etc. (shameless plug Anime smile) I am currently doing fairly extensive reviews of Sailor Moon Crystal, a midway review of the current season (of what I am watching) is also there, along with weekly updated comments.

And that's it for now. I am looking forward to discussing various topics here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, MysticMew! Smile Here's hoping you'll have plenty of fun here.

On another note, my sincere apologies to all other members, including ANN Staff, for being gone for so long unexpectedly. But, I'm finally back, ready to watch more anime shows.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
MysticMew--
Welcome to ANN. Cool Smile Very Happy
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Hiya double M. I'm new too.
loveless one without love

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm new to ANN I've been on the site for a while but just recently made a account.I'm not gonna use my real name but a lot of people use my nickname so that's what I'll use.

Name: you can call me loveless or Lizzy

Sex: female

Blood Type: I don't know

Ethnicity: African American,Caucasian, and some Indian.

Religion: Christian

Pets: i have 3 dogs and a bird

Drink/Smoke: never i hate drinking/smoking it's really bad for your health.

Likes: i like anime and manga of course i also like playing video games with my little bro and sis and playing with my dogs.

Dislikes: smoking/drinking and ignorant/racist people who are narrow minded i also dislike people who put others down or bully them not cool.

Favorite anime: naruto/naruto shippuden,death note,black butler,durarara,bleach,sword art online,ouran highschool host club,loveless,blue exorcist,and many more.

Favorite Manga: of the manga i've read so far i'd say loveless,and vampire knight.

Favorite Books: I don't read many books aside from manga but i have read Wuthering Heights, and Fahrenheit 451.

Favorite game: I don't play games very often but my favorites are naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm generations,midnight club 3 dub edition remix,and little big planet.

Favorite TV shows/movie: diners drive ins and dives,and i watch supernatural sometimes as for movie i love the nightmare before christmas.

Favorite Drink: orange soda,rootbeer,dr.pepper,and milk

Favorite Foods: I love cereal, pizza, pasta, chocolate ice cream, cheeseburgers, breakfast for dinner, fish and fries and tacos!!!

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Ebay. youtube,watchcartoononline, and papalouie.

Favorite Sport (to watch): I really don't watch sports that much but i like watch wrestling and mma.

Favorite Sport (to play): I don't play any sports but i do exorcise alot i do 200 situps 50 pushups 50 squats 50 jumping jacks,and i dance a little.

Favorite Music: I like a little of everything but i mostly listen to emocore,alternative,rock,some screamo,and techno/vocaloid

Job: I don't have a job yet but i start collage in sep for phlebotomy.

Hobbies: listen to music, watch tv/anime, dancing playing games, and playing with my dogs.

Fun facts: I know how to say i love you in 6 different languages, i took french in highschool, i just got my drivers permit, i know the dance to hello how are you, happy synthesizer, and miss right by teen top,and i can make awesome peanut butter cookies.

Favorite Quotes: From code breaker (an eeye for an eye a tooth for a tooth and evil for evil.) and from shiki (I think death is equally terrible for everyone.)

HEADS UP TO ALL YOU PET LOVERS OUT THERE !!!!!!
One of my dogs passed away recently she was old and had cancer the vet said that if we would have spayed her when she was younger she wouldn't have got it i miss her very much Crying or Very sad So this is a heads up to all of you get your pets spayed and neutered it could save there life.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, Lizzy! Cool Smile Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your dog. Sad
loveless one without love

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:40 am Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Welcome to ANN, Lizzy! Cool Smile Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your dog. Sad

Thanks I'm glad to be hear. Very Happy

It's ok she lived a long time and I'm just glad she not in any more pain
me and my whole family loved her very much.
undertheolivetree

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
I had no idea I even had an ANN account until now. Apparently I do, though, and this is my first post. Welp.

Hiya, everyone! I'm Olivia. I'm a 20 year-old female from Ohio. I like cute anime boys (even though I'm a lesbian- then again, cute anime girls are pretty great too).

Oh, I also like series for their plots, not just their cute characters. My favorites are Hetalia, Dragon Ball/DBZ, One Piece, Ouran High School Host Club, Fullmetal Alchemist, Free!, and D.Gray-man, among others. I have a lot of stuff on my (unofficial) to-watch list and would even love recommendations!

Some other stuff that I like that is not anime-related (at least directly): cats, Disney movies, The Avengers, playing video games (poorly), writing fanfiction, and roleplaying.

Here's a picture!

Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask! I might not contribute terribly much but I'm happy to be here regardless! :^)
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
undertheolivetree--
Welcome to ANN! Surprised Smile Very Happy
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:40 pm Reply with quote
undertheolivetree wrote:

Oh, I also like series for their plots, not just their cute characters. My favorites are Hetalia, Dragon Ball/DBZ, One Piece, Ouran High School Host Club, Fullmetal Alchemist, Free!, and D.Gray-man, among others. I have a lot of stuff on my (unofficial) to-watch list and would even love recommendations!

Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask! I might not contribute terribly much but I'm happy to be here regardless! :^)

A woman after my own heart. Substance over fluff. *hides his copy of High School DxD* Embarassed A big welcome though to you Olivia. You get +15 bonus points for being a cat lover. The world needs more of those. Do you have any kitties of your own by any chance?
undertheolivetree

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
A woman after my own heart. Substance over fluff. *hides his copy of High School DxD* Embarassed A big welcome though to you Olivia. You get +15 bonus points for being a cat lover. The world needs more of those. Do you have any kitties of your own by any chance?

Thanks! And yeah, I've got two cats! They've been the family cats since I was a little girl, so they're old, but they're the best. Smile
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:47 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

Hey now. There is PLENTY of plot in HSDXD... Just that most of the plot jiggles from episode to episode! haha Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 213 of 233