• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, this is the introduction thread/Meet your fellow ANN forum goers. Feel free to answer any of the categories that you feel comfortable answering and if you want to post a picture go ahead. Also if you think there's a category not listed go ahead and put it down.

INDEX

[EDIT 2: There is now an index cataloging the users in order. If there's a user you'd like to know more about, look for their name on this thread. -TK]

EDIT: The old introductions thread can be found here. I've converted it to a farewell thread, so use it if you must say goodbye to us. ~Zalis

Name: Lets just go with Delta for now, I am sure some of you already know my name thanks to Mr. Sexy voice.

Sex: Male

Blood Type: AB negative.

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity:1/4 German, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Czech and 1/8 English with a 1/8 Scottish.

Religion: Agnostic, I was a practicing Catholic for many year.

Pets: One cat, an all black cat that is quite large, he actually adopted me a few years ago.

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and doesn't smoke.

Likes: Posting, talking about Monster, starting threads on New shows. Comedy clubs, and big screen TV's and his automobile.

Dislikes: Uma Thurman's feet....did you see Kill Bill? I rest my case.

Favorite anime: Monster, Fullmetal Alchemist, Evangelion, GITS, Count of Monte Cristo,

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Naoki URASAWA's manga are basically all I read although I have enjoyed Kenshin manga along with Fullmetal Alchemist and the recently started enjoyed Blue Dragon RalΩGrado. Also loves all books/manga related to .hack.

Favorite Books:Timeline, Dracula, Lord of the Flies, Great Train Robbery, Rainbow Six, Catcher in the Rye, Count of Monte Cristo, d'Artagnan Romances (aka Three Musketeers/The man in the iron mask among other stories.)

Favorite game: Zelda II: Link's Adventure/Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy VI (aka III in the states) probably the games that I have the fondest memories of.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, Seven, Fight Club, Long Stock and two smoking barrels, Boondock Saints, The Office, 24, Heroes, Bad MTV reality shows, Mythbusters(Basically all Discovery shows), South Park, Around the Horn, Sport Center,Ultimate Fighter, The Soup.

Favorite Drink: Chocolate Vodka with a splash of club soda.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke, Nesquik, and assorted Gatorade flavored drinks.

Favorite Foods: I love In N Out for lunch, and for dinner benihana, probably steak and shrimp. Sushi, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Ribs, Eggs and homemade French toast and hash browns are some of my favorites.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Kotaku, Dave and Joel, Slickdeals, Reddit, Ebay.

Favorite Sport (to watch):Hockey, Baseball, Football, Auto racing, (Formula One primarily) and UFC.

Favorite Sport (to play):Baseball, Track and Field, Football, I'd love to race cars, but bumper cars are still cool to me.

Favorite Music: I listen to a little bit of everything, but I do listen to a lot of emo, screamo, good ole rock, and I do love Techno remixes....has a love for Ace of Base also, along with bad music from the 80s.

Job: Demographic Traffic (and analysis) for Nissan.

Hobbies: Photography, Handguns, playing classic video games, snowboarding, relaxing on the beach playing some Frisbee, watching classic cinema (from way back in 1992 Wink).

Fun facts about Delta:
Arrow Has two fakes Hips.
Arrow Spent a year in a wheelchair (playing NES most of the time)
Arrow Has a concave chest
Arrow Listen to Podcast (of all sort of varieties) probably more then normal music
Arrow First concert was for Smash Mouth Embarassed.
Arrow Owns a H&K USP.

Favorite Quotes: From the Count's pocket watch "Mors certa hora incerta."
Latin :Death is certain; its hour, uncertain

From Evangelion "But people can't really understand themselves, much less each other. Understanding 100 percent of anything is......impossible. That why we spend so much time trying to understand are own motivations, and those of others. That's what makes life so interesting.

Provehito In Altum: Latin for "dive into the unknown"

From Revelation Chapter 13 verse 1 and 4: And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?"

One of the final scenes with Eva and her doctor (from the series Monster):"People are so strange," "Sadness keeps fading away and only happy memories remain. People sure have a convenient make up" his answer; "That's why we can keep on living."

Pictures:I love dressing up for Halloween.
Snowboarding in Colorado
Mad Hatter for a Tea Party.
In Boston visiting the Fenway Park
Super Mario Bros.

Many Edits later: Updated my profile with photos and lots of things....

Last edited by Deltakiral on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:49 am; edited 13 times in total
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Sounds harmless enough.

Name: Alex

Location: Currently in Boston, MA for school, but my heart is still back at home in Maplewood, MN (near St. Paul).

Religion: Christian, Protestant I guess, but I don't think it's really important whether you're Protestant, Catholic, or Orthodox. I think it's rather unfortunate that politics and personal rivalries have made such divisions, but I think most people are able to get past these differences most of the time.

Drink/Smoke: Can't stand the taste of alcoholic drinks and I find smoking repulsive.

Likes: Music, music, and music. I may be on an anime forum, but I spend way more money and time on music than on anime. I mostly shop for used CDs since they're cheaper although I guess that doesn't support the artists. But most of the bands are broken up or something anyway. I still buy new CDs frequently, though. More often newer releases by bands that still exist. These three links should be able to give you a good idea about my taste in music if you explore them thoroughly enough. I also like to be very precise and over-analyze things. Well, maybe it's not so much something that I like as it's just something that I do. See? I'm being precise! I think this is why most of my recent posts have just been correcting factual errors. I like reading sci-fi and fantasy novels too I guess.

Dislikes: Bad music. I won't be any more specific so we don't need to start any ugly arguments or debates. Also, seafood.

Favorite anime: Full Metal Panic! & sequels

Favorite game: I'm not really much of a gamer. I tend to prefer real-time strategy Japanese style RPGs.

Fun facts about one3rd: Fun facts? I'm not so sure if there are any. I played in a band, now broken up, for about a year called Arsenal Of Venice. I don't feel bad about plugging it since the band is broken up! I left the band so I could attend music school in Boston and I should be done in December.

Pictures: I don't really have many pictures of myself. Here's one of me that looks like a disembodied head. I suppose it's fairly obvious that the picture was altered with some photo editing software.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, why not. If Bamboo says she thinks it would be fun I can play along. I'm a sucker for cute women in authority. I'm the same as Delta, wanna know anything else (not sure why you would) just ask. Pics may or may not follow, gotta find some first then determine if I wanna embaress myelf that much.

Name: Redbeard, Mario Batali, or just Oscar the Grouch

Marital Status: In a relationship with a beautiful and wonderful woman.

Ethnicity: About 60% Irish and 40% Scottish. It also seems someone in my family got into the Navajo wood pile.

Blood Type: I am O+ and I donate at least once a year, usually twice.

Pets: I live with my gf's 2 cats Sammy and Boo. My dog Frosty lives with my parents. When I moved out the last time (3rd time lol) I left her with them as they could use her company and vice versa. I live 10 minutes away so I see her plenty.

Drink/Smoke: I drink all the time but I'm not an alcoholic though. I just like to drink my liquor. Lots of people love soda, I love rum, vodka, and lots of other drinks. Don't smoke cigs but sometimes an occasional cigar.

Likes: Anime duh lol. I also like drinking, bowling, shooting pool, watching movies, collecting all sorts of junk (I'm a packrat), going to concerts, hanging with friends, making money, and my number one thing to do is cook. Pretty good at it too.

Dislikes: Arrogant people, back stabbing cheating people, alcoholics, any sort of bigot or racist, animal abusers, bugs (god I can't stand bugs), and people who needlessly waste food. Also dislike people who thrive on and love putting down others behind their backs but won't say anything to their faces. Like my ex gf Andrea for example.

Favorite anime: Oh My Goddess, "X", Haibane Renmei, Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust, Fatal Fury, 12 Kingdoms, You're Under Arrest, Samurai X, Ninja Scroll, Ai Yori Aoshi, Getbackers, Black Lagoon, Kurau, Witchblade, Hellsing Ultimate, Claymore, Shuffle, Tehxnolyze, K-On, Clannad, and Street Fighter II V

Favorite Manga: Oh My Goddess, Ai Yori Aoshi, Saiyuki, Getbackers, Vampire Hunter D novels, Bleach, Black Lagoon, Lone Wolf and Cub books, Battle Vixens, Aria, Negima, Sundome, Rosario + Vampire, Blood Alone, Galaxy Angel, Deadman Wonderland, and Peepochoo.

Favorite console games: Max Payne 1 & 2, Resident Evil series, Silent Hill series, Halo (especially online), Forza Motorsport, Final Fantasy series, "Shining" RPG series, Lunar RPG games, FInal Fantasy series, FEAR, GTA IV, Wet, and NHL 10.

Favorite PC games: Diablo 2, any Sid Meier's game (pirates and civilization), Rappelz online, Command and Conquer franchise, Sims 2 & 3, the old Mechwarrior games, and Plants vs Zombies.

Favorite Bands: Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Mindless Self Indulgence, Amaran, Within Temptation, Disturbed, Aerosmith, King Diamond, Iced Earth, Poets of the Fall, KMFDM, Kidney Thieves, Guano Apes, Jem, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Blind Guardian, Frank Sinatra, The Corrs, Bon Jovi, Lullacry, Miles Davis, Kamelot, Sick Puppies, Tea Party, and many many more.

Favorite Authors Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison, Laurel K Hamilton, Patricia Briggs, George Martin, R.A. Salvatore, Brian Jacques, Glen Cook, David Weber, Richard Laymon, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Bentley Little, Tom Clancy, Mercedes Lackey, and J.R. Tolkien.

Fun facts about the Psycho:
I wear pretty much nothing else but Hawaiian shirts in the summer and fall.

I have a fairly good sized historical weapons collection.

I love to cook and can make almost any kind of dish from any country.

I would love to one day learn Gaelic and Latin.

I plan to travel to a new spot around the world every 3 years once I turn 30. I wanna see the world (or what's left of it at that point).

I am an avid anime figure collector. Mostly resin and PVC models. My collection has expanded over the years to the point of needing it's own room.

Photos: So the old photo of me is no more. This one however is from a week ago at my friends wedding, I'm the second on the left. The one who looks like Mario Batali.

edit--- So after several years I figured it was time for an update.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quote
If SakeChanBD approves, I'm in for it

Name: Andrea Ariza Acevedo Rodríguez Valdivieso Reyes Serrano Grandas Esteban, a.k.a Andrea Ariza, Saki or TestamentSaki. No, it's not a joke. I actually know 8 of my surnames.

Blood Type: O+. Confirmed.

Sex: Female, though my college pals tend to forget it and treat me as their equal (as a guy)

Location: Bogotá, Colombia (to my dismay). Born in Barranquilla, Colombia, raised in El Cerrejón (La Guajira, where the coal mines are)

Nationality/Ethniticty: Colombian, born and raised in the northern coast, but her ancestors are from Santander (northeastern Colombia). People think I'm North American due to my accent when I speak in español and my dominant English Anime smile + sweatdrop.

Marital Status: Single, has never had a date, but is in no hurry to find someone.

Age: 21 (at the time of original post. Some people know my B-date)

Profession: (Lousy) Music student, forum/anime/soccer freak, cat raiser.

Religion: Half non-practicing Roman Catholic, half agnostic. Thanks, school!

Drink/Smoke: Rarely (if ever) has 1 beer. Hates cigarrettes with a passion.

Likes: Playing/writing/listening to music, soccer, drawing, browsing the Net/learning about new cultures/meeting people, cats, martial arts (stopped practicing ages ago but still loves it), cooking (for lots of people), some videogames, READING (began at age 3), good sarcastic humor, photography, listening to people, RPing and good ole doin' nothing.

Dislikes: Lies, insects (ESPECIALLY butterflies), BLUSHING, homework (studying), dogs (afraid of them), fish (except for sushi), most fruits (except a good ole cantaloupe), cigarettes and most smokers, swearing, crybabies, people who badmouth her country, traveling by car (motion sickness), volleyball, haughty people, being teased and some shoujo series (I'm Looking At You, Crybabies!).

Favorite anime: Captain Tsubasa, any Takahashi Yoichi work, FLCL, FMA, any Watsuki Nobuhiro work, Bleach.

Favorite manga: Any Takahashi Yoichi work, FLCL, Buso Renkin, Martian Successor Nadesico, Bleach.

Favorite game: Guilty Gear and Golden Sun. Also enjoyed the heck out of FIFA 2001 (best result: 32-0 in Intermediate against Paraguay with Japan) before the CD blew a gasket.

Favorite book/authors: Anything written by Stephen King (especially 'Salem's Lot and The Talisman, the His Dark Materials trilogy, any book written by J. Suzanne Frank, Chicken Soup for the Soul and about any book I can get my hands on.

Favorite food: Sushi, Colombian, Italian, Mexican, Chinese food, pizza (you guys gotta try it here Wink), cantaloupe melons, soups, meat (beef, pork), anything home-tasting, noodles, some vegetables (Broccoli is a fave). Hates chicken, fish (except in sushi), some seafood, fruit, offal, onions and pumpkins. Could never be vegetarian or vegan n_nU.

Favorite drink: Tea, water and an occasional Ginger Ale. Hates Coca-Cola and Pepsi with a passion.

Family: Mother and two cats, Taro and Misaki.

Favorite sport: Soccer. Is a Junior de Barranquilla fan. Also enjoys basketball and martial arts (practiced basketball in high school in spite of her height and practiced Taek Won Do at age 6-7)

Favorite Music: Due to her career, she listens to a little bit of everything, but is addicted to J-MUSIC, 90's Spanish Rock, ballads, some metal (Especially DragonForce) and must listen to Classical Music. Current favorite song (and artist): The Meaning Of Truth -HIRO-X. Hates reggaeton, vallenato, plastic pop (Britney Spears and such) and anything that doesn't have a message in it.

Favorite Quote:
-Life is like a chocolate bar. Once you begin to enjoy it, it's over -Me.
-Kawaisou da yo ne... (pathetic). Dunno where I picked that from, but I'm always muttering it.

Fun (and true) facts:
-Was famous for a time in her country due to having won a National Orthography contest.
-Learned English before Spanish in spite of being Colombian.
-Learned to play the guitar at age 12 and the viola at age 18. Plays 4 instruments, sings and writes her own songs.
-Was considered a 'devil-worshipper' at her school because she loved anime, and ironically was the soloist in the choir (soprano).
-Wishes to go to Japan , Mexico, Spain and Argentina at least once in her life.
-An only child in real life, has an 'adopted' younger sibling in England.
-Diagnosed with hypothyroidism at age 16 and suffers from asthma too.
-Speaks English and Spanish, knows a little Italian and knows just a little bit of Japanese.
-Has been to the USA 4 times.
-Was left-handed, is now right-handed.
-Has to use glasses but does not since she needs new ones.
-Uses her piano bench as comic relief.
-Is the only woman in her group of friends that actually belongs to the group (meaning, she's not there because she's someone's girlfriend), but is treated as a guy at times.
-Learned Spanish in 8 years.
-Began to role play in 2006 and there is no stopping her.
-Quickest typer among her friends.
-Absolutely hates blushing.
-Ran out of ideas.

Picture: Her most decent pic yet
Her most RECENT picture (CAT EARS!)
With a friend she hadn't seen for 5 years
Childhood picture (When did this little girl turn into such an ugly hag?)

Last edited by TestamentSaki on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:49 pm; edited 13 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Name: Sean Patrick Michael Francis Tugwell (yes that really is it, see religion for explanation)
Religion: Roman Catholic (I'm confirmed hence the long name...it's a catholic thing)

What, exactly, are the occasions for the extra naming? I've never really quite understood.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Godparents, if I'm not mistaken.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Eh, why not.

Name: Nathan Bradely Maurer, but I go by Nate. There, I did it! Razz
Location: Bountiful, Utah, about 20 min. north of Salt Lake City
Marital or dating Status: Single to both
Religion: Mormon. Ineligible to serve a mission due to learning disabilities.
Drink/Smoke: If you're aware of my religion, you probably already know the answer to this one. Wink
Favorite Music: Pretty much any form of Hard Rock. Metal and Grunge are probably my favorite types. Jazz and Symphonic music, in fact, I myself am a Trombone player.
Favorite Bands: Boy a lot! Here's my top 25 anyways: Tool, Black Sabbath (Ozzie Ozbourne and Dio in the same category), Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Nirvana, Dragonforce, Metallica, Guns 'N Roses, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin, Jane's Addiction, Smashing Pumpkins, Linkin Park, Korn, Rammstein, Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine, Queens of the Stone Age, The Offspring (their earlier stuff anyways), Foo Fighters, Disturbed, System of a Down, Rush, Lynard Skynard. And not even THAT'S everything!
Favorite Sports: Football, Basketball, and Baseball
Favorite Videogame Genres (in order): RPG, Platform, Fighting, 1st person shooter
Favorite videogames: Pretty much any RPG (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears being my favorites), Okami, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Legacy of Kain series, Devil May Cry, Legend of Zelda, Armored Core, God of War, Gears of War, Half-Life, Halo, Quake/Doom, Mechwarrior.
Favorite Anime/Manga Genres (in order): Shounen, Mech, Seinin
Favorite Anime: Here
Favorite Manga: Here
Other interests: Marvel Comics, TCGs, D&D, Movies, Computers, Cartoons in general.
Dislikes: DRIVING!!!! (believe it or not, I don't have a driver's liscence! Shocked) Rap/hip-hop, country music, ignorance, Mindless sexual content in any form of entertainment, racism or any other kind of hate crime, people who act like jerks to me or other people, people in a grouchy mood, arrogance or people who are really snooty, being around people when they smoke
Interesting facts about Nate: I've played the Trombone in all of my school's bands since the 7th grade, am currently (well, I'm off for the summer now) in the Marching/Pep/Symphonic band at Weber State University, and played in Jazz band in both Jr. High and High school (don't in college because I can't fit it in my schedule). I commute to school (much like a lot of people who go to WSU) via bus. Working on general EDs right now, but plan to go into Computer Science. I've created lots of my own manga storylines, and when I can either learn how to draw anime/manga or find someone who can to do it for me, I plan on trying to get them published by Shonen Jump. And, as mentioned above, I have no driver's license, (never really wanted one anyways) and may not for a very long time.

Now here's my pic from the other thread. Just to clarify, I'm the one in the long hair standing behind my mom.

Here's also 2 more recent ones of me:

Me
Me and my 2 year old nephew and 7 year old niece

And here's one of me with shorter hair, just barely taken:

http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nateze4.jpg

Last edited by BrothersElric on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:03 pm; edited 10 times in total
Enjeru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Name: Nikolas
Religion: Christian
Drink/Smoke: Drink and smoke.....yes I am a bad egg
Likes: Playing poker, designing tattoos, studying Japanese, fashion design, photography, among other things
Dislikes: People who cause drama, liars, selfish and or rude people
Favorite anime: Nana
Favorite game: Metal Gear saga
Fun facts about Enjeru: >Next year I am playing in the World Series of Poker. > I am currently a junior in college.....my major is English and my minor is Japanese. > After college, I plan on moving to Japan to teach English. I know I know, many people have said this.....but this is my mission, my dream, and there is little to nothing that will make this otherwise. This has been well thought out and is far from a flash in the pan pipe-dream. > I have 9 tattoos and used to have several piercings. > I am sure I will think of more facts to add at a later time.

Photo : http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/project_rook/Dec505p2.jpg

Photo 2: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/project_rook/02.jpg
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow, so a thread was spawned out of this week's Answerman thread. Cool.

Name: Matthew (or Matt)
Marital Status: Single, never been on a date in my life.
Drink/Smoke: Well, as far as drinking goes I'm underage until December, but I do drink a lot of soda. How's that? I don't smoke and I don't particularly like being around when people are smoking.
Likes: Computers, The Internet, Music (I like soundtracks, Contemporary Christian and J-pop mostly), Movies, Reading, Writing, Art, Travel, Foreign Languages, American Football, Basketball, Redemption TCG
Dislikes: Snakes, reality shows, rude/obnoxious people, politics, too much sex in a TV show, movie, anime (or any entertainment medium for that matter)
Favorite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Berserk, The Twelve Kingdoms, Ergo Proxy, and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind make up my top 5 in that order but this could change at any given time. I'm still relatively new when it comes to my otakudom.
Favorite game: I don't play video games, well I used to but I got tired of them.
Fun facts about Matt: Works for a multi-billion dollar US corporation (Intuit, if you've heard of them), likes people with a good sense of humor. Currently pursuing a degree in IT from none other than ITT Technical Institute. Was home schooled from 2nd grade until he graduated high school. Is a military brat, so he has been all over the world to some degree. Loves to spend money (although perhaps too much). Is somewhat of a musician. He has played piano for a number of years (and it quite talented at it) and has also played both Alto and Bass Clarinet. Is a moderator on the official forum for a non-anime Cartoon Network show, even though he's lost pretty much all interest in the show itself.

Picture: http://i13.tinypic.com/4zsp8ub.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pixiebell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Name: Annah
Sex: Female
Marital Status: Married
Drink/Smoke: I will have a drink every now and then/ I do not smoke.
Likes: Swimming, going to the beach, yoga, playing W.O.W., anime, visiting my family, having movie nights in with friends, cooking.
Dislikes: Rude, negative people, public restrooms.
Favorite anime: Fruits Basket, Azumanga Daioh, Haibane Renmei.
Favorite game: Chrono Cross
Fun facts about pixiebell: Has 5 tattoos, has 5 younger siblings, has never lived in one place for more then two years, will read anything I can get my hands on (except romance novels bleh). I have a large comic card collection from when I was a young teen. It is mostly made up of X-men but there are quite a few Spiderman cards as well.

This is me (I am the girl with the dark hair. My younger sis is sitting next to me.)
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb166/pixiebell_album/z77395023.jpg
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

You're looking mighty cool in that picture there, Delta.

Enjeru wrote:

Nice pic. You look pretty cool. Seriously though, you're 29? Wow, you look about 10 years younger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Name: DuelLadyS (don't wanna disclose the real name, but this name is based around the initals)

Sex: Female

Marital Status: not married/engaged, but 'taken'

Religion: egg-nog-stick Very Happy

Drink/Smoke: Never. I'd probably be straightedge if I cared for the music.

Likes: collecting anime DVDs (VHS where applicable), videogames of all eras (Tempest rocks!), Pinky:st dolls, standup comedy, live theatre (although I don't get to go see anything Sad )

Dislikes: Scooby Doo, onions, mustard, stupid customers at work who tell me their phone # when I ask for a zip code (amogst other annoyances)

Favorite anime: Ah geez, don't ask me that! Umm... Azumanga Daioh, Fullmetal Alchemist, Heroic Legend of Arislan, Nadesico, and most any crazy comedy ala Excel Saga/Pani Poni Dash/ Hare+Guu.

Favorite game: At the moment? Final Fantasy 12. Basch is awesome. Very Happy

Fun facts: was accident-prone as a kid (I stabbed myself with a pair of scissors in 6th grade), used to take riding lessons, has a decent-sized collection of US currency (including a legal dollar bill with Santa Claus on it), makes anime gingerbread men at Christmas- usually fails horribly. Laughing

Last edited by DuelLadyS on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Enjeru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Enjeru wrote:

Nice pic. You look pretty cool. Seriously though, you're 29? Wow, you look about 10 years younger.[/quote]

Thanks. I have been blessed/cursed with looking young. While in middle and highschool it was a curse, however once you creep up on 30 years old and still look like a college student.....it is my blessing and I hope to stays with me for as long as possible LOL
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Thread hasn't been disproved of by mods and decided it would be fun to come up with my own bio, so I did, so I might as well post it.

Name: Past (who dislikes the name she was born with so we'll just use my forum username)

Sex: TG - MtF

Marital Status: Single never married, have dated but not in a relationship right now.

Sexual Orientation: pansexual (I'm attracted to people for their personality. Sex, gender and other physical attributes are irrelevant to me).

Religion: None (atheist)

Drink/Smoke: Likes tequila, beer, rum and drinks alot of Coke with or without alcohol. Non-smoker and annoyed by 2nd hand smoke.

Likes: All animals except for rednecks Wink. Hobbies: anime, music (classical, techno. reggae, R&B, J-pop, classic rock, J-rock, goth/industrial, and others), singing, cooking (but I can't bake cookies to save my life), nature and am an avid treehugger.

Dislikes: Probably the thing I hate the most is waste, as in things like objects and money. It's all about the 3 R's. Hates all types of sports with a passion, except martial arts if you consider that a sport. Foods I dislike: pineapple, watermelon, mustard, beef, garlic, mountain dew, sweet things and cold things (except for cold beer or soda), yogurt, cream cheese, vodka (one of the few liquors I dislike - and I'm Swedish). Other dislikes: Country music, Christian music.

Favorite Rock Bands: Pink Floyd, Yes, Smashing Pumkins, Larc~en~Ciel, Journey, Def Leppard and Stabbing Westward. And the song I consider my theme song if there was a show about me: Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode.

Favorite Anime: Fushigi Yuugi, Angelic Layer, Hunter X Hunter (lots of others but these are my top 3).

Video Games: don't play much based on not having the time to do so, but I like RPG and puzzle video games and am a PS/PS2/PSP devotee (have never owned game systems other than Sony ones). Favorite game: FFVI. Next game: expecting to get Legend of Heroes III for PSP which will possibly make up the extent of my future gaming time. Also likes Blizzard PC games (but then again don't have time).

Favorite Foods I: Mexican, used to be Italian and Japanese food has always been a close 2nd or 3rd. I am another person who really likes chicken (most favorite meat), but I also love crab and most other seafood/fish. Plus I very much dislike beef and can't stand canned tuna. If it's fresh baked or smoked tuna it's fine but for some reason canned tuna I find repulsive.

Favorite Foods II: Sushi, orange juice, and tends to enjoy food best plain with few addons like toast and butter, cheese pizza, ham and cheese sandwiches, coffee black or with a little milk.

Things I dislike about myself: Tend to not respond or interact well with authority. That's pretty much why I have the job I have right now, I get to be a real slacker but I also have a good work ethic as long as I don't have to deal with actually reporting to a "boss" on an hourly basis.

Things I like about myself: Usually very forgiving of people who treat me bad, and end up making good friendships with people I originally started out hating.

Not so interesting or fun facts about Past: Originally from Hawaii, have lived all over the U.S. and got a degree in Environmental Biology from SUNY in New York. Although I have been to Japan and love Japanese culture I would have to say my favorite country is Spain and fell in love with it after visiting, and plan to someday live there.

Maybe interesting fact about Past: has a relatively high tolerance to heat and natural toxins, poisons, etc.

Sorry no photos of Past (coming soon maybe...)

Last edited by P€|\||§_|\/|ast@ on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:41 am; edited 13 times in total
kolibri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I'll play!

Name: kolibri
Marital status: married
Religion: Agnostic/Yogi
Drink/Smoke: Neither. I drink a glass of champagne at new year's, but I hate cigarette smoke. I can make a fool of myself perfectly sober, as you all know.
Favorite music: I listen to pretty much everything, except Country & Western (so sue me). At the moment I'm going through a big J-Rock phase.
Favorite sports: Don't watch any. Can't avoid ice hockey here though.
Favorite games: Don't play videogames, but I like board games - Puerto Rico is probably my biggest favorite right now. Also Carcassonne, Chez Geek and Settlers of Stone Age are other regulars.
Favorite anime: Naruto, Planetes, Princess Tutu, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fullmetal Alchemist (in no particular order)
Favorite manga: D. Gray-Man, Loveless, Banana Fish, Monster, Naruto, Bleach, Antique Bakery, NANA (in no particular order)
Likes: Friends, hanging out with them and chatting about nothing and everything. Yoga, the spiritual and physical calmness it brings me. Cosplay and cons, meeting new people and being amongst fellow geeks.
Dislikes: Stupidity. Ignorance. Unwillingness to learn. Spoilers. Seriously, you know those.

Fun facts about kolibri: Although I'm a complete geek, work in an office and code for living, I'm also a qualified yoga teacher and I teach yoga and meditation part time. So maybe that fact is not too fun, but maybe it's interesting? Also even though I live in Canada I'm not Canadian - I'm actually originally from Finland, although I haven't lived there for ten years. Was that fun? No? Well, how about this - kolibri means "humming bird" in several languages, including Finnish. It's a nickname my hubby gave me because I'm "small and briliant" - aww? I'll shut up now.

Ooh, look photos:
Yes, Delta, summer comes to Canada too.
Blond? I can do blond!
And a mandatory yoga photo
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 233