• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
@Tsuna: Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Btw, you can turn off those notifications somewhere in your account settings Wink .
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
B-b-but I don't want them to turn off I want them to send me emails when I have it toggled on Very Happy

Oh and down be down about have that effect on people because that's why we love you Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Ragga Ragga wrote:
Ethnicity: Jamaican
What's with these percentages and fractions though?

Technicalities. Just the difference between nationality and ethnicity.
Arcwave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Errr... hey guys, I actually introduced myself like 7 years ago but I don't feel like writing up all that jabber again; a lot has changed.

I'm a Producer at 343 Industries, 25 years old, anime rocks annnnd ya, this place is cool Cool Hope to talk to some of you soon,

Cheers
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
Arcwave wrote:

I'm a Producer at 343 Industries,

You mean the game company that split off from Bungie to continue the Halo games? I am a big Halo fanatic, have most of the special editions, 11 novels (although I have not read a great deal of them), and I chose my username in wanting to play multiplayer. Any opinions on Halo Legends?
DTJB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Been here for a while now, guess I should contribute to this.

Name: James

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Mostly Irish/German. I'm sure there's a few others in there as well.

Religion: Agnostic Christian. I've been thinking about converting to Music because I definitely believe in that.

Drink: Social drinker or whenever I'm in the rare mood for one.

Dislikes: People who refuse to be educated in some way or another.

Favorite Anime: Evangelion, Madoka Magica, the classics.

Favorite Manga: Gunsmith Cats, Berserk, anything well written.

Favorite Books: anything by Dave Barry or David Sedaris, anything well written.

Favorite Game: Secret of Mana, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, Persona 3 FES, Monopoly, too many others.

Favorite TV Shows/Movies: Seinfeld, Fraiser, Doctor Who, Star Trek: TNG, Breaking Bad, Citizen Kane, End of Eva, Schindler's List.

Favorite Drink: Craft beers or imports.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Lemonade, tea, root beer, chocolate milk.

Favorite Foods: Pasta, chicken, lemon bars.

Favorite Sites: SRK, tumblr, deviantart, Game Grumps.

Favorite Sport (to watch)
: Baseball, basketball, football, soccer, martial arts.

Favorite Sport (to play)
: Martial arts.

Favorite Music
: Listen to a lot of stuff, my favorite genres are rock and jazz.

Job: Store clerk, artist.

As I'm getting older, I find I'm not as crazy about anime as I used to be. This doesn't mean I no longer enjoy it as I still watch it pretty regularly, I've just opened myself up to a broader range of entertainment mediums.

Been an artist for most of my life but I never took it seriously or considered myself talented until I went to college a few years ago. My medium is digital and my work is surrealist. I've shown off my work in a couple galleries and I've even sold a few pieces.

Only recently I tried to take up comic book character art. Always loved doing it but I was never confident in what I could do. Life drawing class helped out a lot. Not "as good" as a lot of artists right now but that's what making art is for; to get better at it. Maybe I'll gain enough experience and produce a decent portfolio where I can do commissions. Maybe.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quote
welcome to the fora, James!
DTJB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Thank you. Doubt I'll say much around here aside from commenting on the news items, but I'll be as vocal as I can.
Trilby1992

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Hello all. Smile

Name: Trilby

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Don't remember.

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Chinese

Religion: None. I sometimes visit a buddhist temple because of my mum.

Pets: None

Drink/Smoke: Drinks ocasionally.

Dislikes: Cynics, mean-spirited people.

Favorite anime: Gankutsuou: Count of Monte Cristo, Digimon Adventure, Dragonball, Death Note.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I've never finished a manga before. :/

Favorite Books: Mainly non-fictional books about space.

Favorite games: Metroid Fusion, Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri, Age Of Empires, Sim City 3000, Worms Armageddon, Pokemon Black (I think it's the best one despite being a fan from gen 1.)

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Star trek TNG/VOS/DS9, Stargate SG1.

Favorite Drink: Milk

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Milk

Favorite Foods: Sushi, Cornish Pasty, Poached Egg, Potato Salad.

Favorite Sites: last.fm, Twitter

Favorite Sport (to watch): Snooker

Favorite Sport (to play): Pool

Favorite Music: The Stranglers, Kraftwerk, Neon Indian, Com Truise, and lots of old, obscure synthesizer music.

Job: Game Developer

Hobbies: Writing bad fan fiction, drawing, making music.

Fun facts about Trilby:
None.

Favorite Quotes:
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein

Pictures: No.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Trilby--
Welcome to the fora! I hope that that you find your stay enjoyable!
VeKa135

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Hey, i'm all new here so i'm going to give it a shot and introduce myself.

Name: Melinda.

Sex: Female.

Marital status: Boyfriend.

Religion: Non at all.

Drink/smoke: I drink sometimes but not that often and I don't smoke.

Dislikes: I don't really know, I guess I dislike a lot of things.

Favorite anime: Can't choose, every anime I have seen have been awsome.

Favorite music/movies/books: It's very different, sometimes I like one thing and sometimes I don't.

Hobbies: I like to hang out with my friends and to just chill.
The reason to why I am on this page is that non of my friends likes anime and those things so I would really like someone to talk to about everything. I am quite new on anime and haven't seen more than maybe 25 series, so I would really like tips on what to watch (or read).
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:48 am Reply with quote
Hey everyone, I'm an avid manga reader and anime fan, I've seen a lot of great series over the years and watch current anime by the season. Zankyou no Terror is one of those. I came here to escape the mass circlejerk of MyAnimeList and it's rabid fanboys. Hope it's cool here. Can't wait to start posting more!
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Lain's Hairline wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm an avid manga reader and anime fan, I've seen a lot of great series over the years and watch current anime by the season. Zankyou no Terror is one of those. I came here to escape the mass circlejerk of MyAnimeList and it's rabid fanboys. Hope it's cool here. Can't wait to start posting more!

Hi there!

It really seems like you couldn't wait to start posting - I was going to say I hope you find your feet quickly here but you seem to already have.

I hope you enjoy yourself here more than at MAL Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EndlessEmpty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Hello one, hello all.

I've resolved myself to be at the mercy of your whims by providing insight into my character. Judge what you see, and think what you will. I will also prescribe myself to a formula established by a previous user of this forum, to aid in the categorization and understanding of my aspects.

Without further ado, know that these varying facets comprise a full bodied person;

Name: You can give me a name if you like, based on what you read. You might also know me as "The Media Man" (my username) or "Bubby Gump" (my poetry alias). The choice is placed firmly in your hands.

Sex: Male.

Marital Status: Unknown.

Ethnicity: An eclectic mish-mash of varying European identities, with the slightest sliver of Cherokee sprinkled on top for good measure.

Religion: I suppose I'd call myself an agnostic, with occasional nihilistic flights of thought.

Pets: 2 dogs; a Rhodesian ridge-back and an Aussie shepherd mix.

Likes: Pretension, snark, dry wit, shaggy dog jokes, puns, folk music, exaltation, music theory, philosophy, poignancy, potency, depth.

Dislikes: Pretension, ignorance, assumption, stigma, stereotype, Billy Joel, war (what is it good for), predestination, human conception, human nature.

Favorite anime: Welcome to the NHK, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, Wolf's Rain, Gankutsuou, Trigun, Madoka Magica, Baccano, Berserk (to an extent), Paranoia Agent.

Favorite manga: I haven't read many to completion, other than Akira (which..um..no comment). I enjoyed the bits I read of the Yu Yu Hakusho manga, and am also making my way through Berserk, although my issues with that beast are numerous. I recently read Tezuka's MW and had no real emotionally driven reaction. Mushi-Shi is also good.

Favorite books: 100 Years of Solitude, Slaughterhouse 5, Hell's Horizon, Of Mice and Men, The Princess Bride, and, I really need to read more often.

Favorite graphic novels: Persepolis, Maus, Strangers in Paradise, The Sandman, Box Office Poison, Ghost World, Y: The Last Man, Bone, Fun Home.

Favorite games: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Bioshock, Chrono Trigger, Phoenix Wright, Knights of the Old Republic, Half Life 2, Portal, Thief, Bastion, The Legend of Zelda.

Favorite movies: Dr. Strangelove, Up, Heathers, The Godfather, Millennium Actress, Fargo, Vertigo, Shadow of a Doubt, Toy Story, The Lord of the Rings, Brazil.

Favorite TV Shows: Spaced, Battlestar Galactica, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Wonderfalls, Veronica Mars, Babylon 5, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Arrested Development, Adventure Time.

Favorite foods: Anything plucked from the sea. Otherwise, my tastes are plain.

Favorite Music: Simon and Garfunkel, Pixies, Dylan, Tom Waits, T. Rex, The Beatles, Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire, The Breeders, The English Beat, Bob Marley, and anything with decent lyrics.

Favorite sites: Thatguywiththeglasses, The Escapist, Chez Apocalypse.

Hobbies: Writing, contemplation, singing, soliloquizing, greedy consumption, media, propagating philosophical conjecture, entertainment, and the occasional furthering of relationships.

That's the basics, without the baggage of my actual experience.
mykokoro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Name: You can call me Thea, an alias of mine.

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: I am pure Fullmetal!

Religion: None

Pets: I wish I had a pig, but that is but a dream...

Drink/Smoke: Do you think a 12 year old would smoke OR drink?

Likes: Meeting fellow nerds, being a shameless enthusiast, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST, Death Note, Harry Potter, Nerdfighters, alt rock

Dislikes: War, blood, hate. 'Nuff said.

Favorite anime: FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST! And Death Note of course.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): All 27 Fullmetal Alchemist books. I'm pretty new to manga/anime so that's the first I've read.

Favorite Books: Harry Potter, TFIOS, House of Secrets, Divergent, 13 Treasures, I could go on forever but I'm afraid I would bore you.

Favorite game: Aura Kingdom, RuneScape

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Divergent, Harry Potter, TFIOS, Saving Mr. Banks, FMA movies

Favorite Drink: Nojito

Non-Alcoholic Drink: NOJITO!

Favorite Foods: Salads, beets, beet salads (yay!)

Favorite Sites: ANN, DeviantART, FMA Wiki

Favorite Sport (to watch): Netball

Favorite Sport (to play):Netball, track

Favorite Music: 70's, 80's music, but mostly indie and alt rock, or the FMA soundtrack.

Job: Writer

Hobbies: Reading, writing, NETFLIX IS MY LIFE

Fun facts about Thea:
She wears nerd glasses.
She plays piano.
She is learning to play Double Bass.
She spends her life on her laptop.
She is very tall.

Favorite Quotes: Who are you calling pipsqueak? *wink wink*

I look forward to involving myself in the fandom here as well as the countless other sites I am on. Hope to talk to you guys all soon! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 207 of 233