• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:22 am Reply with quote
I grew up in a spicy area, Zubby! Kashmiri and Punjabi dishes are those with which I am most familiar, though there is always much to discover.

On the subject of bhindi, There seems to be some variation in how long the okra are cooked within dishes of the same name. My preference is always for them to retain a certain crunch after the currying process, yet the styles of certain eateries differ in this respect. Some places even batter them beforehand!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Gee, whiz, where do I start?

Well, okay, I am *insert any human name*.

Sex: Male

Ethnicity: Mexican

Likes: music, video games, muscle women, anime, pizza, Mario games, Japanese culture

Dislikes: haters, douchebags, ya know

Favorite anime: Karas, Kannazuki no Miko, Attack on Titan, Dragonball Z, Casshern Sins, Samurai 7

Favorite books or comic books: Hulk, Spawn, Ghost Rider

Favorite video games: Mario, Klonoa, Castlevania, Street Fighter, SSB, Killer Instinct, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Capcom Vs. series, Black Ops 2, Tekken, King of Fighters, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Balloon Fight, Pac Man, Galaga, CarnEvil

Favorite shows: Ed Edd n Eddy, Rugrats, Tom and Jerry, South Park, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Beavis and Butthead, Spongebob(season 1-4), The Incredible Hulk(90's), Fresh Prince of Bel Air, The Boondocks, Ren and Stimpy, Spawn: The Animated Series, Squidbillies, Prometheus and Bob, The Incredible Hulk(70's)

Favorite movies: Predator series, Godzilla series, The Incredible Hulk, Miyazaki movies, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Friday the 13th series, Halloween series, Texas Chainsaw Massacre series, Elm Street series, Child's Play series, The Terminator, Full Metal Jacket, Toy Story, The Iron Giant, Se7en, Akira, Iron Man, Jurassic Park, King Kong(2005), Jumanji, Whiplash, The Crow, Ice Age, Beavis and Butt Head do America, South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut.

Favorite foods: Pizza, mostly from Pizza Hut and Domino's. Pancakes. Tapatio Doritos(they are my passion), Bananas

Favorite music; metal, deathcore, death metal, orchestral and classical, jazz, rock, rap, anime, video game, techno, trance, rave, pop, J-rock, J-pop, Islamic Nasheed

Hobbies: Watch anime, play video games, listen to music

Fun facts: I own a neat Mario figure which I believe is exclusive only to GameStop.
Knows little Spanish.
Is a bit of a Tatsunoko enthusiast.
I love...well anything, Mario.
I like to associate my love for Kannazuki no Miko not only with Mina Kubota and other fitting music, but strangely enough...nasheeds. (No, I'm not Muslim nor do I hate them. Let's leave it at that)
I made a a little script for an idea to reboot the show and it should still be there in a site somewhere...

Last edited by Heishi on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:38 am Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, Heishi! I see that, regrettably, nobody welcomed you when you first introduced yourself, so it falls to me to rectify the oversight. Fun fact: you registered exactly 7 years and 1 day after I did. I see you've been posting at ANN despite the deplorable lack of welcome and I hope you continue to do so.
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Welcome to ANN, Heishi! I see that, regrettably, nobody welcomed you when you first introduced yourself, so it falls to me to rectify the oversight. Fun fact: you registered exactly 7 years and 1 day after I did. I see you've been posting at ANN despite the deplorable lack of welcome and I hope you continue to do so.

Well, thank you. I really appreciate it.
I hope I have enough to describe myself here.

I had to update this because I added Whiplash on my favorite movies list because I loved this movie! JK Simmons was THE reason to watch it, he is a beast in it!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
That one is in my Netflix queue. Should watch it soon.
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
That one is in my Netflix queue. Should watch it soon.

Highly recommend you check it out!
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:54 am Reply with quote
Hello hello!

I joined our fair forum on this very day, precisely nine years ago! With this in mind, I deem the occasion most apt to filing my own record here. I pray that you will permit the lateness with which it is submitted.

Name: Stefan.
(You would be forgiven for underestimating how frequently people decide to turn the ‘f’ in my name into a ‘ph’.)

Sex: Male.

(I rent a little room not far from the Thames, in a leafy peninsula wherein foxes and squirrels tussle with traffic.)

Marital Status: In quantum-mechanical terms, you could say that I am occupying my ground-state.

Age: I shall be twenty-eight in under three weeks’ time!

Ethnicity: I am of Anglo-Polish descent.
(For practical purposes, you may envisage this as being akin to eating kielbasa with Colman’s mustard. A most appetising entente.)

Blood Type: I believe it may have a ‘B’ in it somewhere.
(But then again it may not.)

Pets: As a child, I accidentally brought unto my pet goldfish a mortal shock when I submerged my finger in its bowl.
(That evening, I was convinced it would haunt me in retribution, and I am grateful to this day that it did not.)

Drink/Smoke: I shall gladly partake in the consumption of fermented beverages during Christmas, but my regularly-ingested fluids are of quite a watery constitution. Conversely I greatly dislike the practice of imbibing smoke.

Likes: Avocados are most palatable, albeit somewhat expensive in this day and age.
(Waterfowl are naturally to my liking too. Not in a culinary sense though.)

Dislikes: As much as I try to envisage situations from perspectives aside my own, I do grow quite disgruntled when slow walkers impede my path. Much am I loath to decelerate.
(I may not be especially busy, but I do like to walk with quite a pace!)

Favourite Anime: At present, my favourites are Metropolis, Voices of a Distant Star, Five Centimetres per Second, Wolf Children and The Place Promised In our Early Days, amidst several others.
(Can you guess which upcoming film I am excited about?)

Favourite Manga: I have read exactly two manga to any notable degree. Yotsuba& and Aishiteruze Baby.
(Are they my favourite? By default, perhaps they count as such.)

Favourite Console Games: I hold a certain fondness for Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and more recently for Gran Turismo 6 until it destroyed my overheating, second-hand games console.
(Maybe some of life’s experiences are indeed made all the sweeter by their transience.)

Favourite PC Games: Doom and its brethren once took my fancy more than anything especially cerebral, I am afraid to say.
(I have weaned myself away from them however—slaughter for its own sake seems an improper source for my amusements.)

Favourite Bands: Rubber ones.

Favourite Authors: Why, our dear ANN writers of course!
(And Daryl by extension.)

Fun facts about Zin5ki:
  • I can play the slide-whistle! Poorly! There is video footage of my capabilities, but I shall withhold it for the sake of others’ comfort.
  • I once invented a sport involving a frisbee, a shuttlecock and literally nothing else.
  • A greater number of my sandwiches have been stolen from my hands by ducks than by any other winged creature. Including wasps.
  • To the dismay of many, I do not drink tea.
  • I used to know the son of Elton John’s laser eye surgery consultant. (Said son also met Patrick Moore once. I haven’t seen him in years. Nice enough chap though.)
  • I am particularly fond of Japanese women’s pro-wrestling!
  • An unpleasant incident involving an undercooked McNugget caused me to miss watching Monsters Inc. when it was originally playing in the cinema.
  • I have yet to deliberately set fire to a toaster. This is not, however, to say that I have yet to set fire to any toaster simpliciter.
  • I attempted to become a book publisher at the age of seven. My company’s logo was a woodlouse, a choice that was complicated by my inability to spell the word ‘woodlouse’ at the time.
  • I once found a rather revealing lady’s undergarment within my laundry as a student. (I hasten to add that it was the garment itself which was revealing, not necessarily the lady to whom it presumably belonged.) To this day I have yet to decipher the significance of this occurrence.

Favourite Quotes:
This excerpt from a war memoir, in which a garrisoned soldier battles to stay alert, has resonated with me for many years:

Spike Milligan wrote:
I then stood and revolved slowly round in a complete 360° circle, that is, I covered every known compass point in the world and all from a hole in the ground.
Brilliant.
I thought of a bar of soap. I unclipped the magazine of my Tommy gun. I said Hello to it. I clipped it back on again. I felt in my trouser pockets, I removed the contents, a broken comb, a pencil stub. I said Goodbye to them. I drew Ravel's Haunted Ballroom in the air. Next, I pulled the pockets inside-out and shook the dust out. I whistled Van Gogh's Sunflower. I drew an imaginary line on my teeth.
Now what? Don't just stand there—be creative! I reversed my tin hat, and stuck one finger in my ear. I felt up the sleeves of my battle-dress and pulled the sleeves of my pullover down over my wrists. I counted my nose. I listened for Germans. Silence, but who was making it?
On an impulse I said 'Fish'.

Photos:
Here I am with my trusty, shoulder-dwelling lobster. Should this not appeal to you, perhaps you would prefer something a little more striking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, Zin5ki! As a newbie, it behooves me to pass on a few rules that will make your time here more pleasurable. First, Blood- is to be worshipped as a living god. The tangible aspect of this is that you are expected to pay him large sums of money on a regular basis. Plus, you may - at any time - be called upon to lay down your life for his, which you will be expected to with both dispatch and a smile on your face.

So have fun!
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki, nice to know more about you. I wouldn't have guessed you are younger than I am (I am your elder by a full 4 months difference)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:07 am Reply with quote
Hello, I sign up cause i love anime, art, gaming designing. I try to watch much anime as possible and listen to the music. I currently making my own anime game while in gaming school. Hope i meet lots of friends here who loves anime as much as I do... I draw lots of anime character i imagine of lol[/code]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:31 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here.
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:44 am Reply with quote
I think there's probably a better place to introduce yourself, but I don't mind. I recommend making an anime list so people can keep track of what you've already seen and make recommendations based off your tastes. ^^ It's what I did. I have quite the selection. Go check out mine and feel free to watch any in the "Seen All" section that I've rated "Good" or higher. I think you'll like any of them.
XakonXIV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Howdy ho! (I do believe that is the correct greeting to use when introducing oneself to people born and raised under the American flag, but feel free to correct me on that.)

I have found myself occasionally posting on the ANN forums for quite some time now, but hitherto I have not taken the effort to properly introduce myself to the site and its users. My excuse for this highly imprudent behaviour? Well, mostly laziness... that, and the fact that I have a history of finding it somewhat difficult to fully expressing myself to people online. For that reason, I hope you will excuse any possible awkardness on account of my less-than-perfect communication skills. Now, with all that out of the way, let's get down to the real meat of this post!

Name: Not important.

Origin of user name: Don't ask... thirteen year old me wasn't exactly a paragon of naming skills, but I have grown quite fond of the name, and so I have decided to stick with it.

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Bi

Ethnicity: Swedish

Currently living in: Sweden

Blood type: Don't have the slightest clue.

Pets: A dog. He may be older than time, but that doesn't stop him from being the cutest thing in the universe.

Dislikes: Lots of stuff

Favourite food: Gee, I don't know... I possess somewhat of an obssession towards sashimi, so I guess I'll have to go with that.

Favourite anime: Berserk (1997), Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Macross Plus, Wolf's Rain, FLCL, Gankutsuou, Revolutionary Girl Utena, The Vision of Escaflowne, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Akira, pretty much anything by Satoshi Kon and Hayao Miyazaki. I'm sure there's stuff that I'm forgetting, but that is about the gist of it. And yes, contrary to what these choices may lead you to believe, I do watch quite a lot of recent anime, it's just that most of the shows/films that I genuinely love tend to be from around 1995-2004. Favourite anime of all time would probably be Trust & Betrayal.

Favourite manga: Berserk, Vagabond, Planetes, Vinland Saga, Pink, Riverside, and Lone Wolf & Cub.

Favourite movies: Ben-Hur (1959), Seven Samurai, Rashomon, Dead Man, Boogie Nights, Blade Runner, The Elephant Man, Mullholland Drive, Alien, The Thing (1982), Big Trouble in Little China, Evil Dead II, Ed Wood, Once Upon a Time in America, Reservoir Dogs, Almost Famous, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Brain Dead, Festen... and a whole lot of other great films.

Least favourite films: Cool World and swedish film Sökarna are, as of yet, the only films to succeed in making me feel physically ill, so there you go.

Favourite music: I like to think that I'm a fairly open-minded person in regards to music, but my favourite genres of music would probably be 70s progressive rock, psychedelic rock, jazz fusion, heavy metal, thrash metal, black metal, folk, new wave, alternative rock, sludge metal, doom metal, art rock and 70s glam rock. As of late, I've mostly been listening to Stevie Wonder, Kreator, The Beatles, The Who, Genesis, Brand X, Led Zeppelin, Kate Bush, Budgie and Kyuss.

Favourite series: I, Claudius, Rome, Brideshead Revisited, The Sopranos, Rick & Morty, Black Adder, and Deadwood.

Drinking/smoking: Never really saw the appeal of smoking, but I really do love to drink when in the company of friends. Especially red wine, which I find to be an absolutely delightful beverage.

Favourite video/computer games: Final Fantasy Tactics, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Persona 4, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, and Dragon Age: Origins.

Favourite novels: Frankenstein, Dune, A Confederacy of Dunces, Steppenwolf, and The Buddha of Suburbia.

Fun fact: Foreigners often think that I'm British due to my posh accent and above-average vocabulary. Not entirely sure if that really qualifies as a 'fun fact', but there you go...

I hate to cut this short but I really need to get going soon, so I hope that this batch of information has given you a somewhat adequate insight into my person. And if not... well, I can always expand into greater detail at some other point in time.

Happy to make your acquaintances!

Last edited by XakonXIV on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
XakonXIV - very nice to make your cyber-acquaitance and a belated welcome to ANN! I've seen many of the titles on your Favourite list and we clear share some opinions.

It's a real pity what happened in Sweden last night, though. (Sorry, couldn't resist!)
PlebianWeeb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Name: PlebianWeeb
Marital status: In a relationship
Religion: Atheist
Drink/Smoke: Neither, dislike alcohol and smoking.
Favorite music: Disney, Metal, Dancehall and Rock
Favorite sports: I play baseball, I snowboard and surf.
Favorite games: Shadow of the Colossus
Favorite anime: TENGEN TOPPA GUREN LAGANN, One Piece, FMAB, Attack on Titan
Favorite manga:
Dislikes: All the negative aspects of anything that exists. Also, peanuts.
Fun facts about me; I'm starting a youtube channel, I have 3 videos so far, all of them under 10 views. That's mostly because they're uninteresting gaming videos, I won't shamelessly plug my channel here because that's not why I registered. I might link it after a few years when I actually have decent content. I'm only mentioning it as a fun fact.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 224 of 233