• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chocobos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Hi
I like only a few animes, there is also few which I don't like.
I'm a gamer - I prefer strategy games (Total War, Star Craft) but I also like quite forgotten MOBAs (HoN) and survival games like PUBG or Escape from Tarkov.
I like reading, although recently I read online more often. I love comics, I love watching TV series and anime.
simona.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I just realised there was an intro thread…
er… better late than never, I guess Anime hyper

Name: simona.com aka The Major

Sex: Girl

Blood Type: 0+, the ultimate donor!

Summer: Bologna, Italy

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Full Hot-blooded Italian, born & bred

Religion: Atheist

Pets: Other people's cats!

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially, quit smoking a gazillion years ago (best decision ever)

Likes: Anime/Manga/Translation/Motorbikes/Traveling/Eating out/Dancing/etc

Dislikes: Too many to mention

Favorite anime: Urusei Yatsura, Rose of Versailles, Cowboy Bebop, Violet Evergarden, Blue Exorcist, Law of Ueki, Fullmetal Alchemist (first series),Golden Kamui, Gugure Kokkuri-san, My Teen Love Comedy SNAFU, Tokyo Revengers, etc. etc.

Favorite Manga: Blue Flag, Raise wa Tanin ga Ii by Asuka Konishi, Chainsaw Man, Sahara-sensei to Toki-kun, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, etc.

Favorite Books: Comma 22, A Midsummer Night's Dream, All Edgar Allan Poe, Kafka, Baudelaire, etc.

Favorite game: Don't really do games, but I used to play Pokemon GO and now Harry Potter Wizards Unite

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Fight Club, American Psycho, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, etc.

Favorite Drinks: Umeshu (plum wine) on the rocks, sake, prosecco, champagne

Non-Alcoholic Drinks: Green tea / fresh squeezed orange juice

Favorite Foods: Vegetables, sushi, most Italian food (no meat)

Favorite Sites: BBC News, ANN, Comic Natalie

Favorite Sports (to watch): Volleyball, Tennis, Baseball

Favorite Sports (to play): Volleyball (not anymore), cycling (leisure), rollerskating

Favorite Music: Rock'n'Roll, Rockabilly, 60s Soul and Psychedelia, Psychobilly, old school Punk and Garage, Classical, some Opera, various 80s music, etc.

Job: Manga/anime/movie translator (J-E, J-I, I-E-I), writer, consultant

Hobbies: Wasting time watching/reading news, faffing around on twitter, etc.

Favorite Quotes: From Bleach: "Admiration is the farthest feeling from understanding."
(how I would translate it) - Sousuke Aizen

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are under attack. First of all...
let's have some tea." - Sousuke Aizen

From Seiho High School Men's! "3D girls are cruel..." - Chikara Maki

From s-CRY-ed: "My... My precious balls!!" - Mr. Asuka Tachibana

"Don't think, feel!" - Bruce Lee

"I can resist everything but temptation." - Oscar Wilde

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." - William Shakespeare

"Praise your friends in public and reprimand them in private." - Leonardo da Vinci

"Today's problem is tomorrow's solved problem." - Mr. Wolf… er, no! simona.com

Pictures: http://www.instagram.com/simona_com
puggles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:47 pm Reply with quote
*breakdances uncontrollably*

Howdy all, names puggles. Really big anime fan and totally looking forward to hanging out and chatting. My favorite anime's Berserk and Miura is a genius. Will love that series to the end, hang ups and all.

Nice to meet y'all.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:55 am Reply with quote
Welcome, puggles.
Joey-XD19202

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Name: Joseph

Sex: Male

Ethnicity: African-American

Religion: Roman Catholic

Pets: N/A

Drink/Smoke: N/A

Dislikes: Toxicity, dumb arguments, and raps with lots of curse words

Favorite anime: Mushoku Tensei, Hunter x Hunter, Clannad: After Story, Kaguya-sama, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S, A Silent Voice, Ranking of Kings, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc, and Sword Art Online

Favorite Manga: Kaguya-sama, Spy x Family, One Piece, Komi Can't Communicate, and Vinland Saga

Favorite Light Novels: Mushoku Tensei, Kumo Desu ga Nani Ka, Sword Art Online, Konosuba, and Adachi and Shimamura

Favorite Books: Warcross and Wildcard by Marie Lu

Favorite Game: Days Gone, Spider-Man (PS4), Call of Duty: WWII, and Clash of Clans (mobile)

Favorite TV shows/Movies: The Boys, Fleabag, as well as some Marvel movies (Endgame, NWH, Wanda Vision, etc... too many to list)

Favorite Drink: N/A

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Protein shake made by me... protein powder, some fruits, and almond milk blended together

Favorite Foods: N/A

Favorite Sites: N/A

Favorite Sport (to watch): Track and field events at the Olympics. I prefer the shorter and quicker events because it has more "hype" or energy.

Favorite Sport (to play): FOOTball

Favorite Music: Anime openings; DREAMIN' ON, YOASOBI's Monster, and Red Swan, etc... as a couple of examples. Non-anime: drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo, Heather - Conan Gray, Don't Watch Me Cry - Alex Porat, etc... as a couple of examples.

Job: Upcoming college student; first year.

Hobbies: working out six times per week (upper body and lower body alternating), watching anime, reading manga and light novels, and reading in general, as well as playing Clash of Clans daily.

Fun facts about Joseph:

1. A/B-student (mostly A)
  2. Introvert
  3. Loves reading
  4. Love working out
  5. Trouble communicating in English
  6. English’s not my first language
  7. Good at writing and reading but weak at speaking in English
  8. I love writing essays on controversial issues (global warming for example) that I care about and have lots of input on. My hands just move on the keyboard as ideas flood in my brain. However, I hate writing essays for school since the prompts are 90% of the time, stuff I don't care about or have little input on.

Favorite quotes: N/A

Last edited by Joey-XD19202 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:37 am Reply with quote
Welcome, Joseph! Cool Smile Very Happy Mr. Green
Joey-XD19202

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:42 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
Welcome, Joseph! Cool Smile Very Happy Mr. Green

Thank you for having me.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Joey-XD19202 wrote:

Thank you for having me.

How long have you been aware of this website?
Joey-XD19202

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't exactly know when, but I'll say that it's definitely more than a year. I was always aware of ANN, but never really used it until recently after I watched an episode of Trash Taste where they validly compared MAL and ANN. One good point for ANN was that the top anime rankings feel more genuine, unlike MAL where new hype shows always top the list. So I basically decided to use ANN for news and reviews as well as new anime recommendations.
Maysign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Simply and briefly decided to say hello to everyone and that I am glad to be here.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Maysign
Welcome! Cool Smile
Whose image is that?
InfiniteJest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:54 am Reply with quote
Hey, just a dabbler but the last 3 years have increased my interest.

Name: IJ or Jester works fine (sometimes I’m funny)

Married with 2 dogs (wife will not watch so it’s just me and my iPad)

Education & Career: yes and yes

Knowledge level: a lot in non-anime areas but clueless here so I have to look up most of the terms still.

Was a gamer like 25+ years ago but remember it fondly.

Anime background: I didn’t know what Anime was when I watched Vampire Hunter D, Princess Mononoke, and Requiem For the Darkness, Gost in the Shell etc. just had some guys at work talk me into watching in the 90s. Been dabbling periodically over many years without diving in till recently.

Personal Top series so far: Chivalry of a Failed Knight, SOA (not Aliceization), Jujitsu Kaizan, Shakugan No Shana, Akami Go Kill, DxD (s1&2), Castlevania, Critical Role, Claymore, Overlord (s1&2 only), Invincible, some of black clover and some of My Hero Academia, Kaze No Stigma.

Preference notes: Don’t get into Mecha stuff much. Prefer fantasy. Isekai is fine but my goodness there is a lot of crap out there. Fan Service doesn’t offend me but it’s not my favorite part even in DxD). I like a good slowly developing romance but not one based on the MC freaking out constantly with perviness or fear of women. Characters who yell everything. Actively dislike incest themes. Hate scrappy-doo characters. Not interested in love interests who look 12. And prefer age appropriate dub voicing (not knowledgeable here but it seems like a lot of late teen and even adult characters get squeaky 8yr old voices that I find grating). These preferences aren’t always consistent with anime I end up enjoying but that’s because something else keeps my attention.

Been reading this site for a couple months.

Dislikes: excessive tsundere, opinions stated as facts, pollution, and people who don’t clean up after their dogs on walks.

Watching sources: CR and HIDIVE which I subscribed to in the last 6 months. I get about an hour of solid viewing in a day so it will take me a long time to catch up to most here. Hulu was what sucked me into this cycle of anime viewing over the last 3 years (the COVID era).

I probably won’t post a lot because I don’t know enough to have well formed opinions beyond what I enjoyed and what I did not. Oh and as I have become older and busier dubs become a requirement (eyes) more than a preference…I realize that’s a thing for many people.

So nice to meet y’all.
aepplesauce

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I've been using the site purely for news and just discovered how big the forum part really is... so of course I gotta join in!

Name: Aaron
Sex: I Do
Marital Status: In a serious relationship
Ethnicity: Almish, German, & Russian I think, I don't know too much about it and that's just my mom's side.
Religion: Animist
Pets: Some rolly pollies / pill bugs... landlord doesn't allow pets
Drink/Smoke: Don't drink. Do smoke weed & tobacco.
Likes: Moe anime girls, Touhou Project, pigeons, cgdct, iyashikei, Overwatch, web design, 4ch (i come from /jp/ and /c/ i wont bite i swear), earthen homes, permaculture
Dislikes: Akagi Shigeru
Favorite Anime: Bakemonogatari, Girl's Last Tour, Kaiji Ultimate Survivor, Made In Abyss, Welcome To The NHK!, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Monster, Machikado Mazoku, GTO, Hidamari Sketch, Yuyushiki, and a bunch more
Favorite Manga: I don't read enough manga for this but... Kase-san, GLT (again), OG Devilman, Kaiji: One Poker-hen, Buraiden Gai
Favorite Games: Subahibi, Muv-Luv, Saya no Uta, SoniComi, WACCA, Dancerush Stardom, Osu!Mania, Overwatch 2 (not good, but a comfort pick)
Favorite TV Shows / Movies: Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Star Vs, Steven Universe, OK KO!
Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Chai tea
Favorite Foods: Bakery bread (any kind, i <3 bread), Daifuku (especially strawberry & melon), Mangoes (stoner :p), & Lolipops
Favorite Sites: Neocities, 4ch, ANN, Anilist, Youtube, Wiby, Catbox, Farmer's Almanac
Favorite Sport (to watch): Motocross
Favorite Sport (to play): Motocross
Favorite Music: Genre-wise I like electronic, jungle, denpa, happy hardcore, new wave, psychedelic rock, touhou, vocaloid, ska punk, idol, bossa nova
Job: NEET ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exclamation Fun Facts For Fun Cats
Arrow I collect beanie babies, anime figures, stickers, postcards, and fumos
Arrow All of my joints dislocate pretty easily so both of my knees & the surrounding tissue are cadavers.
Arrow My anilist is aapplesauce, I also have a lot of seasonal anime reviews on my website
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
TheFanCon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:43 am Reply with quote
Thanks for a quick registration. I may not exactly be around often, however I hope to find some worthwhile discussion topics here.
Not really sure what to say, I have what is undoubtedly a different background from most people who are users of sites like this, in particular being from the one continent no one cares about.
Spent a lot of time before now trying to understand more about this medium, as for a really long time I didn't have any idea what I was talking about concerning it.

I suppose one of my main anime interests lies in the mecha genre (most decades of it).
HoneyAlice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:56 am Reply with quote
Name: Alice

Sex: Female

Blood Type: A-, the universal plasma donor!

Summer: Barcelona, Spain

Ethnicity: Proud American, born & raised

Pets: None, but I'm a dog person!

Dislikes: Traffic jams, long lines, cold coffee

Favorite books: The Great Gatsby

Favorite Movies:The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, The Lord of the Rings

Favorite Drinks: red wine

Non-Alcoholic Drinks: Freshly brewed coffee

Favorite Foods: Sushi, Mediterranean cuisine

Favorite Sports (to play): Swimming, hiking

Favorite Music: Classic rock, indie folk, jazz, classical

Hobbies: Capturing moments with my camera so photography, writing travel stories

Nice to meet ya!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 232 of 233