• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Galneryus' Ono, Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas Perform Hunter X Hunter Songs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yappers4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote
This is.....a new take on Hunter x Hunter openings and endings compared to how the openings and endings were on the first airing and OVAs. I'm guessing the anime will retain the graphic violence? Question
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Doesn;t sound too bad(guess the song in the background of the trailer really was the opening). I liked the ending theme to Rainbow a lot so I think they'll do a good job with the opening.
Expias

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
This is.....a new take on Hunter x Hunter openings and endings compared to how the openings and endings were on the first airing and OVAs. I'm guessing the anime will retain the graphic violence? Question

I can't tell if this post or the OP are reliable or even credible, it was posted on a thread in MAL..

"http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3499.html
the director wants to make some changes from the original, like Hisoka's personality will be somewhat different and Kaito wouldn't appear early in the story.

- Kaito won't appear early
- Hisoka will no longer be perverted, but will just be a "brave man"
- less violence
- Togashi will supervise the series"

Togashi supervising it sounds nice, but I'm not so sure I like the first three. I'll see how I feel when the Hunter exam starts since that's when most of the violence actually starts. Old Hisoka shall be missed though..
yappers4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Expias wrote:
yappers4 wrote:

I can't tell if this post or the OP are reliable or even credible, it was posted on a thread in MAL..

"http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3499.html
the director wants to make some changes from the original, like Hisoka's personality will be somewhat different and Kaito wouldn't appear early in the story.

- Kaito won't appear early
- Hisoka will no longer be perverted, but will just be a "brave man"
- less violence
- Togashi will supervise the series"

Togashi supervising it sounds nice, but I'm not so sure I like the first three. I'll see how I feel when the Hunter exam starts since that's when most of the violence actually starts. Old Hisoka shall be missed though..

But...didn't Kaito appeared in the first chapter of the manga? And I liked Hisoka's personality. Pervertive, yet dangerously unpredictable. Confused
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Hmmmmmmm........ I wonder where they got the band name from........ Laughing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Could be worse I suppose. I really didn't think the peppy J-pop opening themes for Greed Island fit all that well, but I suppose that wasn't one of HxH's darker arcs. And while I enjoy the first TV opening "Ohayou" and probably like it more as a stand-alone song, I do think the second opening theme with its slower pace and more morose tone fit the series (at least the Genei Ryodan arc) quite better. So we'll see about these choices.

I don't even remember Rainbow's ED though o_0
Expias

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:

But...didn't Kaito appeared in the first chapter of the manga? And I liked Hisoka's personality. Pervertive, yet dangerously unpredictable. Confused

Yeah, so I have no idea if that is credible or if they're going to just change the anime. If they do remove Kaito... how and why does Gon want to be a hunter without having met Kaito? Overhearing Mito?

... The Hisoka I would miss if the "source" is true.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Expias wrote:
yappers4 wrote:

Yeah, so I have no idea if that is credible or if they're going to just change the anime. If they do remove Kaito... how and why does Gon want to be a hunter without having met Kaito? Overhearing Mito?

... The Hisoka I would miss if the "source" is true.

The rumors said "Kaito wouldn't appear early". In other words the worst case scenario is that the flashback with him and Gon in chapter 1 isn;t mentioned for 30 or so episodes and then Gon eventually mentions him.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:23 am Reply with quote
Curious that Galneryus' past song referenced in the article would be the ending theme to Rainbow, which isn't even out stateside save for streaming. I would have thought that Rin:Daughters of Mnemosyne would have been a show with more renown, and Galneryus did both the opening and ending songs for that show.

Question
dokool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:43 am Reply with quote
I hope everyone will check out FALILV after they see the ED!

Then again I'm biased since I'm their photographer; they're an amazing band and incredible live, so I've got my fingers crossed for a con appearance someday...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:09 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Curious that Galneryus' past song referenced in the article would be the ending theme to Rainbow, which isn't even out stateside save for streaming. I would have thought that Rin:Daughters of Mnemosyne would have been a show with more renown, and Galneryus did both the opening and ending songs for that show.

RIN - Daughters of Mnemosyne and its theme songs came out in 2008. However, Ono did not join the band until 2009, so the RIN - Daughters of Mnemosyne's songs do not have his voice.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Echo_City wrote:

RIN - Daughters of Mnemosyne and its theme songs came out in 2008. However, Ono did not join the band until 2009, so the RIN - Daughters of Mnemosyne's songs do not have his voice.
Thanks for the correction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1