Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega Toys Announces Evangelion "Handy Magi-System"




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kurotsuki



Joined: 02 Jun 2006
Posts: 129
Location: Montreal, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:23 am Reply with quote
basically , another useless toy we all feel compelled to buy >_>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
icepick314



Joined: 23 Aug 2004
Posts: 486
Location: Back in the Good Ol' US of A
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:14 am Reply with quote
kurotsuki wrote:
basically , another useless toy we all feel compelled to buy >_>


like magic 8-ball...

but this one is Evangelion themed and has only 2 answers....YES or NO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
redemption2



Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quote
100,000 units in a year?! Is this some kind of joke?

I don't even know ONE person that would want to buy this, and a lot of them are hardcore Eva fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kaioshin_Sama



Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Posts: 1215
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quote
How about selling some games that are good there Sega or having a clue what your doing. That would be great. Sega is like the ultimate company for losing any sort of touch with how the industry works and how to not piss off fans with crappy game after crappy game (sometimes worse than what some Doujin Companies are capable of with their limited budgets and development teams), yet they only seem to end up with more games and production power. Don't tell me the Video Game Industry is turning into Hollywood now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
redemption2



Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
How about selling some games that are good there Sega or having a clue what your doing. That would be great. Sega is like the ultimate company for losing any sort of touch with how the industry works and how to not piss off fans with crappy game after crappy game (sometimes worse than what some Doujin Companies are capable of with their limited budgets and development teams), yet they only seem to end up with more games and production power. Don't tell me the Video Game Industry is turning into Hollywood now.


Hate to admit it, but you're right. Look at what the BEST section of SEGA, the Sonic Team, just came up with, Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii. If you've not seen ANN's review on it, the game got straight F's. How the heck do you get a SONIC game to completely FLUNK?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
child of Lilith



Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 137
Location: Egg of Lilith ( the black moon)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quote
redemption2 wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
How about selling some games that are good there Sega or having a clue what your doing. That would be great. Sega is like the ultimate company for losing any sort of touch with how the industry works and how to not piss off fans with crappy game after crappy game (sometimes worse than what some Doujin Companies are capable of with their limited budgets and development teams), yet they only seem to end up with more games and production power. Don't tell me the Video Game Industry is turning into Hollywood now.


Hate to admit it, but you're right. Look at what the BEST section of SEGA, the Sonic Team, just came up with, Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii. If you've not seen ANN's review on it, the game got straight F's. How the heck do you get a SONIC game to completely FLUNK?!


Nothing Sega does can mess this up. This is Eva stuff after all, lots of hardcore fans will buy it nomatter what. It could be a box of rocks and fans would still want it aslong as it had a Eva logo on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gage



Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 480
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
kurotsuki wrote:
basically , another useless toy we all feel compelled to buy >_>


like magic 8-ball...

but this one is Evangelion themed and has only 2 answers....YES or NO


Yeah, I sure wish we had an enhanced 8 Ball back in the day, aye? All we had was to shake it and read "Yes" or "No"... no voices were included. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group