• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Licenses Gundam Seed Destiny Specials, Silent Mobius films, AIKa, AIKa R-

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Though I will give you that the Silent Mobius movies, even as unfinished scraps, were miles better than the TV series.

I'm glad I'm not alone in that thought. I liked the series and all, but vastly prefer the movies. They just do the manga so much more justice and the animation is in many ways much more pleasing to the eye. I remember the series skipping the "Karma" arc (supposedly because the film had already handled it so well?)

I'm really glad someone finally picked them up. The first film is one of my all time favorites, and the second compliments it well. I still have my Streamline tape of the first film. The dub wasn't exactly their best, what with Yuki spouting nonsense, and them flubbing the whole significance of the song (outright removing the song's supposedly non-existent words in favor of, "Mother, where are you?....." Rolling Eyes).

I liked the second film as well, though not as much as the first, and never really thought it ended on an unfinished note. The films were basically about how Katsumi joined the AMP and came to except her powers and role with them.

You're right about them being rare. For the longest time, the best copies were VHS rips, so one had the choice of great picture, bad dub, of lousey picture, but subtitled. The laserdisc rips are even harder to find for most. Though that's behind us now. Thanks Bandai (I actually figured BV would've released these)!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:39 am Reply with quote
Isn't Aika the anime that rivals Najica in the sheer number of panty shots?
megazero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quote
No wonder the two OVA series has the same director. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3