• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2007 - JET Programme Info Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saiyajedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quote
I applied for JET as a CIR, but I got waitlisted. I'm still headed to Japan (doing the Eikaiwa route), but I'll miss that JET salary....
dizzywulf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quote
saiyajedi wrote:
I applied for JET as a CIR, but I got waitlisted. I'm still headed to Japan (doing the Eikaiwa route), but I'll miss that JET salary....

Yeah I'm hoping to get CIR (when I apply a year or so from now) but if not I'll try to go the eikaiwa route too. Everyone I know is in Nova..but with the problems they've been having I don't know...

Which Eikaiwa are you joining?
Saturn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote
It's kinda ... interesting that JET would have a panel at an anime con, considering how big of a no-no it is to mention anime or pop culture (aka anime, lol) when trying to get hired by any type of teaching position over here...

I work for AEON personally, and I like it Smile I can promise you right here though that anyone in my interview group that mentioned anime wasn't called back for another interview though.
Pocky_aDDict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone mention anything about a certain african american male and his experiences with the JET programme? If not, I'm a bit surprised, especially from an audience such as AX.

I might consider trying this out in the future, nevertheless. Sounds like a great opportunity towards other career options.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1