• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NewsFeed Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoAnime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:06 am Reply with quote
Can i copy&paste your news because im using a news script...fusionphp news
Can i? i will place News Provided by Anime News Network/Source : Anime News Network before/after each news...you choose...thanks
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:53 am Reply with quote
well, if you copy & paste the news that means you'll have to update the news each time manually... that kinda defeats the automatic nature of the newsfeed. I'm not sure how fusionphp works, but I'm sure the ANN newsfeed could be set up in a such a way that it would import the news automatically.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:50 am Reply with quote
From a permission point of view, you can copy the news from the front page of ANN, but you can not copy the second article pages.

Even if you can't get the newsfeed to work on your site, you can still use it to create the code for you and simplify your cut& paste job.
Keiichi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:33 pm Reply with quote
This can be done if you can program stuff in php (or whatever). And you have to know how fusionphp news stores data. If not, don't bother reading below. Razz

On your news page, you'd first have to check the ANN getnews file. Instead of storing the data there to a table directly, you sepearate each news. Then correctly store each news in the fusionphp database table. Also since you don't want to store repeating news each update, you have to check for each news to see if it's in the db or not. That'll probably take 10 extra queries for 10 news. *lol* Not too good, so it shouldn't be done too often, probably every two hours or more. If you can do it, it beats copy/paste.
kazuki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:10 am Reply with quote
The ANN newsfeed works great on my site, I think it's nice to
keep visitors informed on the world of anime. One visitor even asked me to trade links with my news page because we had the same interests at hand. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1