• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kino's Journey

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
Veoryn87 wrote:
Where can I find this novel?

any book store that sells manga will carry it. Vol 1 has been release and Vol 2 will come out in Feb

I greatly enjoys these stories. I am really looking forward to the next volume. Especially since so much of what I read in the first volume I had already seen in the anime.

Really? I haven't seen it at Barnes and Noble or Borders. I also don't see it at deepdiscount.com. Maybe I need to go to amazon or something.
murph76

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:
Really? I haven't seen it at Barnes and Noble or Borders. I also don't see it at deepdiscount.com. Maybe I need to go to amazon or something.

I did see it at Barnes and Noble, but that was a while ago.

Amazon has it here

However, as I write this they only have one left in stock.

Hope this helps!

-Murph
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Thanks!
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
*Pulls all her hair out waiting for the second volume*

Tokyopop I think really has dropped the ball on a lot of their novels. They came out with a bang and now it's more like a fizzle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:46 am Reply with quote
I don't think we are ever going to see volume 2 released. I have little faith in FMP getting a complete release, even of just the main story (it seems they aren't even planning on releasing the side-stories at this point).
Lucca_Ashtear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Licensing issues are the reason behind the delay, Tokyopop has declined to offer any insight beyond that. I've talked to the translator and apparently they didn't tell him either. Don't count on it being released any time soon.
The anticipation is killing me.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quote
Yes, I've heard about the "licensing issues". I assume these "issues" are Tokyopop renegotiating their piece of the pie when Kino failed to meet expectations.
Twigleg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Someone from Tp has told The Right Stuf that they should be getting Volume 2 on the 22. This, from my understanding, is a huge lie. If they don't think they can get it, why don't they tell everyone that, instead of putting us through grief?
Lucca_Ashtear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quote
That's the first I've heard but that would be great if it's true. I'm being cautious as well, I would hope whoever gave out that information to Rightstuf wouldn't make such a statement if they weren't 100% sure. Given that it's only a few days away, we'll find out soon enough.
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Yes, I've heard about the "licensing issues". I assume these "issues" are Tokyopop renegotiating their piece of the pie when Kino failed to meet expectations.

I though it may have had to do with the changes TP did (chapter rearrangment, cover art, etc). That's only speculation, of course. TP won't volunteery come forth with what happened, so who knows.
Twigleg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote
Lucca_Ashtear wrote:
That's the first I've heard but that would be great if it's true. I'm being cautious as well, I would hope whoever gave out that information to Rightstuf wouldn't make such a statement if they weren't 100% sure. Given that it's only a few days away, we'll find out soon enough.

Yes, caution should be taken with this, because this is the third new release date I've recieved.

Wikipedia says that Tokyopop has canceled the books release, but I've gotten good authority from both sources.

I guess we'll see on the 22nd.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quote
It's past the 22nd and no Kino. If they keep pushing the release date forward then people will forget it even exists. Then they would have and even larger problem selling it.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:28 am Reply with quote
It isn't coming out any time soon. Any and all release dates you see are lies.
If they ever are allowed to continue publishing the series, I'm sure they'll relaunch it and you'll see a new story on the topic on the front page of ANN. Until that happens, assume all release dates are wrong.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
If they ever are allowed to continue publishing the series, I'm sure they'll relaunch it and you'll see a new story on the topic on the front page of ANN. Until that happens, assume all release dates are wrong.
If anyone doubts the authority of this, allow me to quote:
In his signature on the AoD forums, Andrew Cunningham wrote:
Translator for Faust, Boogiepop, Kino no Tabi, Parasyte, Missing, Gosick, and the xxxHolic and Death Note novels.
Writer for http://easternstandard.pbwiki.com
It's unfortunate to hear about that, but I suppose I'll just wait and hope it continues someday...
Brand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:

ARGH! Head Exploding! I haven't wanted to read something so bad in a such a long time, this is driving me crazy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Oronae

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:

Well, in light of this, if anybody's wondering the Japanese in the novels isn't terribly difficult to read.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4