• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Adventure Game Set for Japanese PlayStation 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Well looks like there is a reason for everyone to keep their PS2, well at least those who have modded them. Damn 2008? I guess the PS2 is never going to die, although I don't think we seen the full potential of the emotions engine. Rolling Eyes
Blanko4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:44 pm Reply with quote
So wait, Haruhi isn't good enough for 4D graphics? Laughing
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote
wow...

another game of Haruhi on Sony console...

and i thought it was gonna be on PSP only

http://b.bngi-channel.jp/psp-haruhi/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh, the milking of the cow and the marketing blitz, Japan in its ultimate capitalistic glory. So bright. =_=

Wonder if the game is actually going to be decent.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Considering how popular Haruhi is here could this game come out in the US?
Anath_19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo77 wrote:

Considering Sony's supposed fear of/resistance to putting 2D games on the PS2 in America, I rather doubt it. Although I certainly do want to get the dang thing... yet another reason to learn Japanese, I suppose.
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Wait, why couldn't we actually have had a parody fantasy RPG featuring Haruhi and co.?
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Even though I have only a vague understanding of the series I'm really looking forward to those figures. These figma figures have a lot of potential.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quote
Anath_19 wrote:
Ichigo77 wrote:

Considering Sony's supposed fear of/resistance to putting 2D games on the PS2 in America, I rather doubt it. Although I certainly do want to get the dang thing... yet another reason to learn Japanese, I suppose.

Who knows, if they look at how popular the anime is maybe they can reconsider. I can only hope that they do release it for NA PS2 so I don't have to mod mine.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:
Anath_19 wrote:
Ichigo77 wrote:

Who knows, if they look at how popular the anime is maybe they can reconsider. I can only hope that they do release it for NA PS2 so I don't have to mod mine.

I hope they do because that would cool. I don't know why Sony won't realese 2D games I mean if they will sell then why not.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quote
Anath_19 wrote:
Ichigo77 wrote:

Well wait, hold on a second, the game is by Bandai and Bandai likes to work its anime end of the whole horizontal integration thing, so don't count out a North American release entirely. Thooooooough, this game looks to be clearly for hard core fans so that depends on just how many crazy Haruhi fans there actually are in North America. Seeing as how I've been modded for 2 years now though, I might just might give this game a quick whirl and review on the blog I run if I'm still interested in 2008.

@ Samurai-With-Glasses: Weeeeeeeeeelll..... hmmm. it's in the most basic style of Japanese gameplay known to me, that being the ADV style, and the RPG part looks tacked on and possibly non-interactive and it's by Bandai, the Acclaim of Japan that sells game based on license for the most part. My advice would be don't hold your breath.
redemption2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:26 am Reply with quote
Have you seen the character model for the "Hero Haruhi" that they're featuring in the game? She looks rather hot in it. I'm sure if it came to the US, there would be plenty of purchases just to see her in that outfit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Takeshi777

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Maybe we'll get to see some cool attacks
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
Yes, I'm reviving an old topic. I'm doing it to point out that Figma has updated with a gallery for their Haruhi figure. This one in particular will be packed with the game, but I'm sure the retail version wont be too much different. Very nice figure, tons of articulation, and it looks like the head (or at least the face) is interchangeable.

While you're there be sure to also check out the Figma Blog which is full of photos from ComicCon. They really took time admire some things that just about every SDCC photo gallery overlooked. Plus it's nice seeing how happy they look posing in front of displays of toys that they created somewhere outside of Japan. Lots of cosplay pics and some dealers room action.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1