• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Ouran Host Club, Sasami: Magical Girl Club

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I;m surprised Funi landed it considering how long they took to announce it. They seem to announce big titles pretty quick.

Now do we wait 2 yrs for it?
LilacShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I kinda want to see Ouran High School Host Club even though I've actually had friends tell me it was for yaoi fangirls. Confused I've heard good things about it on forums though. And the fact that BONES animated it sort of makes me want to see it.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quote
LilacShadow wrote:
I kinda want to see Ouran High School Host Club even though I've actually had friends tell me it was for yaoi fangirls. Confused I've heard good things about it on forums though. And the fact that BONES animated it sort of makes me want to see it.

It's not. Actually, Ouran makes fun of yaoi fangirls. But a lot of yaoi fangirls seem to miss the point of the twins (they think they're gay, but it's actually a ploy), so I could see how your friends could think that.
Aiko Yamada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote
*falls to her knees and thanks the heavens* OURAN~~~!

Now I can finally get myself some awesome quality DVDs with both a dub (here's to hoping they get some great actors) and the original Japanese track. And I'm sure the packaging will be gorgeous~*crosses fingers*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I have been very impressed by how Funi has treated recent titles. For them to get Ouran is simply remarkable. It's one of those rare shojo series that, although girly at times, can make it up for the guys with its over-the-top humor.
Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:33 pm Reply with quote
And there was much rejoicing in the land of Kel, and she praised Funi with great praise.

Seriously, what great news to come home to! My collection is rather angst heavy, so I'll be happy to pick this up once it's available on the strength of my liking of the manga alone.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes...I love you FUNI people. Wink Finally.

Now...who's gonna license NANA?
luhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quote
And there was much rejoicing in Fangirl Nation...

I take back all the curses I sent Funi's way after AX. I should have shown more patience. Embarassed

But...who do they think is going to buy Sasami? Are they counting on Tenchi fans? Seems like a strange acquisition.
bakaShin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
CatzCradle wrote:
I find this news really amusing because right after watching this, I came here and found out it was actually true. Lol.

Yay Ouran! Very Happy

Wow, that video is so horribly biased it's not even funny.
Well, actually it is quite amusing. Heh.

funny stuff, this is how i imagine the dubbing to be also. i just feel they are just gonna give them horrible accents and make honey into either a whiny kid or a mature adult, it wont be cute at all.

I can only guess getting sasami is to get every and all things tenchi.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah Very Happy This is what I've been wanting to hear all summer, and I think I can sleep and study a little better thanks to this news. Where do I preorder?!
LightYagami

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
The big ones left out there are:

1. Monster - For Heavens Sake somebody license it PLEASE!!!

2. Code Geass - My prediction goes to Bandai on this one

3. Claymore - I'd bet Geneon gets this or possibly Viz, Should be shown on adult swim.

4. Kanon (TV 2) - I don't have an opinion on this series. I have not watched it but I predict that ADV gets it.

5. Honey and Clover II - I don't have an opinion on this series. I have not watched it but I predict that VIZ gets it.

6. Nana - I don't have an opinion on this series. I have not watched it. Not sure who will license it.

7. Buso Renkin - I'd bet Geneon gets this or possibly Viz.

8. Banner of the stars III - I'm hoping Bandai picks this up at some point

9. Hunter x Hunter - Why this hasn't been licensed is just as big of a question as to why monster is not licensed. I'm predicting VIZ or Funimation.

10. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai - If When They Cry is selling well enough I'd say Geneon will pick this up

11. Shakugan No Shana Season 2 - Geneon hands down nuff said

12. Naruto Shippūden - Obviously VIZ

Those are my predictions lets just see how many happen.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Did he ever try coming back with a new account or did Zac bury his lifeless corpse under a cherry tree with blue blossoms?

Cherry trees are not sensitive to the pH of the soil; hydrangea (especially H. macrophylla) are, and they have appeared in many detective anime/manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
Did he ever try coming back with a new account or did Zac bury his lifeless corpse under a cherry tree with blue blossoms?

Cherry trees are not sensitive to the pH of the soil; hydrangea (especially H. macrophylla) are, and they have appeared in many detective anime/manga.

Maybe it's a RahXephon reference? Very Happy
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
The big ones left out there are:

There's also Hayate, Nodame Cantabile, Romeo x Juliet (which AFAIK isn't licensed unless there was a pre-license), Lucky Star, and tons of others...

Anyway, glad to see Ouran licensed after months of "where's Ouran!? Where's OURAN?? WHEREWHEREWHEREWHEREWHE-"
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
dormcat wrote:
Richard J. wrote:

Maybe it's a RahXephon reference? Very Happy
Exactly. I've made a few anti-Zac jokes lately, so I thought I'd subtly compare him to one of my favorite guys from RahXephon. (The blue blossoms bit is from a little story Dr. Kisaragi tells about Commander Jin Kunugi.) I've always liked Commander Kunugi so I thought I'd give Zac a compliment in my own odd way.

I practically jumped for joy when he banned MT.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8