• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2007 - Bandai Entertainment

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY get to see Mave-chan on DVD....

this should have came at same time as Yukikaze but better late than never....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh hey! Clamp School is gonna be dubbed! I better buy it once it comes out!
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quote
Rightstuf did have the rights to the To Terra movie, but only on vhs; and it's been OOP for a while now. I'm guessing it reverted back to Toei since then.
Mystic_Vegetto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote
The Video for Bandai Entertainment at Otakon isn't loading, I had another person check it out and it's not loading for him either. So the video might need to be reuploaded or something. Just thought I'd let you guys know about it.
emory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quote
404 on Bandai video. And no Geneon video.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy they decided to get and bring over Galaxy Angel X and S. I was worried with the uprise over Rune they might not bring them over. I wonder if they'll bring them over at the Rune price though? I certainly hope they don't. I'd love to see Rune but at that price tag I think I'll just Netflix it. I would love to own X and S though as I have the first season, Z and A on dvd. Does anyone know if they'll be using the same voice actors for X and S?
Heretic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Bandai Visual is handling Rune. Bandai Entertainment has handled all of the other GA titles (including X and S). No doubt they will release at a similar price point as all of the other GA seasons. I can't wait; I find myself enjoying GA more and more.

Of course I also clapped very loudly when Code Geass was shown. That just about made my day. Very Happy
kuni_kuni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Can someone please fix the video? It isn't working.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
So Bandai Visual and Bandai Entertainment are two separate entities? I always assumed they were the same and different people simply called them by different names. I feel stupid now.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Correct.

Bandai Entertainment is the one that has been around for a while and handles pretty much everything Sunrise and Gundam (though certainly not limited to that). It's basically the U.S. distribution arm of Sunrise.

Bandai Visual USA is the new one that most people hate. They are the U.S. distribution agent of Bandai Visual Japan.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Correct.

Bandai Entertainment is the one that has been around for a while and handles pretty much everything Sunrise and Gundam (though certainly not limited to that). It's basically the U.S. distribution arm of Sunrise.

Bandai Visual USA is the new one that most people hate. They are the U.S. distribution agent of Bandai Visual Japan.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the info. They're almost like step brother and sister in a sense. Now that I think about it though you're right that Bandai Entertainment does almost everything put out by Sunrise. I never noticed that. Confused I actually went to the Bandai Visual panel and saw clips from new shows like Super Robot Wars (right title?), and they mentioned the re-release of Wings of Honneamise onto HD and BlueRay. No regular dvd re-release which makes me sad though. My vhs is wearing thin lol.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that the two songs Haruhi sings on episode 12 are going to be dubbed. We'll see how that sounds.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1