• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Comic-Con International 2007 - Viz Media

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote
about time some companies realized the business of the "wide" (waido) releases, that is a cheap paper, good reading format (please dont use red ink like shojo beat...is awful) now if Viz could release HOKUTO NO KEN and GRAPPLER BAKI that would be amazing, Slam Dunk wide is a good idea, some manga is good to be read in bulk
kaosfell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Record of the Fallen Vampire is Vampire Juuji Kai!!
I love that series!

How did I miss that before?!
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Wohoo~ Glad I waited on collecting all of Kenshin in manga~!

O.o ...dmit, Viz with stupid special editions of things with figures. >.< Means I'm gonna have to buy Death Note DvDs as released instead of waiting for a boxset.
...37 episodes will probably be like er...8-9 volume...Figures ...Light, Ryuk, Misa, Rem, L, Near, Mello, Watari(?)...or some of the police officers' group maybe...Yup sounds right.

.....unconfirmed voice cast for Death Note... EH? Wth...
Berserkfury819

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Ok, but is Death Note coming to American TV? I hope so, Bleach and Blood+ are both starting to lose my interest.
Jamee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
While I'm glad that NANA got licensed, I hate that VIz had to. They should stay out of the anime business and stick to manga.

I highly doubt the music will be dubbed since they were too lazy to dub the music for Full Moon wo Sagashite.

You're kidding me right? If Viz had dubbed the songs they would have never heard the end of it from most of the otaku crowd. Every message board would be full of complaints about how Viz has to "Americanize" everything.

This is a great example about how anime companies can't win.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Jamee wrote:
Quote:
While I'm glad that NANA got licensed, I hate that VIz had to. They should stay out of the anime business and stick to manga.

I highly doubt the music will be dubbed since they were too lazy to dub the music for Full Moon wo Sagashite.
You're kidding me right? If Viz had dubbed the songs they would have never heard the end of it from most of the otaku crowd. Every message board would be full of complaints about how Viz has to "Americanize" everything.

This is a great example about how anime companies can't win.
They could have at least thrown on a secondary subtitle track so that those who do choose to watch Full Moon in English don't have to switch on subtitles "on the fly" when the characters suddenly start singing in Japanese.
Quote:
Viz's newest anime acquistions both tie in to the Shojo Beat line—the NANA anime is in the works (although there is no production schedule yet), and Honey and Clover has also been licensed. A trailer for Honey and Clover was shown at the panel.
Oh, great, Honey & Clover Rolling Eyes I do sooo look forward to DVDs with no subtitles for insert songs (and subtitles for OP/ED only if we're lucky), most or all of H&C's substantial body of onscreen text left out, and no explanations for various jokes, puns, and cultural elements. I know it's bad form to criticize a release before it even comes out, but Viz's history doesn't inspire optimism to me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I don't think Viz should stay out of the anime business, but I do think they should stick to their guns of shounen action and the occasional Death Note and leave the more subtle titles to other companies or entities.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:

O.o ...dmit, Viz with stupid special editions of things with figures. >.< Means I'm gonna have to buy Death Note DvDs as released instead of waiting for a boxset.
...37 episodes will probably be like er...8-9 volume...Figures ...Light, Ryuk, Misa, Rem, L, Near, Mello, Watari(?)...or some of the police officers' group maybe...Yup sounds right.

.....unconfirmed voice cast for Death Note... EH? Wth...

Viz is very closed-mouth. They apparently have all but the laat figure planned for the DeathNote figures

Not naming the cast could simply mean they're tired of complaints. Everyone's going to scream no matter if they go with Ocean or one of the usual American groups they use. Maybe they've gone with one of the smaller groups, You know they have the cast & have started the dubbing if it's airing in a month or so. People hate the Naruto dub. They hate the InuYasha dub. They hate the Bleach dub. Why even bother announcing until people can hear for themselves?
ArielTsuki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quote
blueharlequin wrote:
YAY!!! Switch!!!

*does insane happy dance around the room*

*joins in* Now everyone is going to know the awesomeness of naked ape! I'm so happy they're bring it~! I was so sad that Timcanpi stalled on the project.

Ugh, now I hafta wait~! I'll be the first person buying!
HitokiriTaijiya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Is this new release of RK going to be an import of the kanzenban format that's being released in Japan right now? Will these books contain Watsuki's redesigned character pages?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2