• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - July 28 - August 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering....

Did the anime block on SciFi run on Monday? My DVR didn't record it and my stupid TV guide doesn't go past 10pm central time. Thanks.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
I was wondering....

Did the anime block on SciFi run on Monday? My DVR didn't record it and my stupid TV guide doesn't go past 10pm central time. Thanks.

I guess you missed this from The Click column

Highlander: Search for Vengeance
(Sci Fi)
Monday July 30 11:00pm

You've probably already read the reviews for this, but in case you haven't: The Highlander anime is a perfectly good waste of a good director, a good studio, and a good premise in the service of a lackluster, ailing Hollywood franchise that was never that good to begin with. In other words, I wouldn't watch this unless I'm sobering up on the couch, and the mere act of changing the channel with the remote is far too epic to imagine.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
daedelus wrote:
I was wondering....

(Sci Fi)

You've probably already read the reviews for this, but in case you haven't: The Highlander anime is a perfectly good waste of a good director, a good studio, and a good premise in the service of a lackluster, ailing Hollywood franchise that was never that good to begin with. In other words, I wouldn't watch this unless I'm sobering up on the couch, and the mere act of changing the channel with the remote is far too epic to imagine.

I take it that you didn't like it then?

I didn't realize the regularly scheduled shows were pre-empted for the Highlander movie. That's what I get for fast forwarding through the commercials. Rolling Eyes

At least I didn't miss any Noein or Tokko. Smile .....Yeah, Street Fighter is pretty entertaining; in a nostalgic sort-of-way.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
samuraiwalt wrote:
daedelus wrote:
I was wondering....

(Sci Fi)

I take it that you didn't like it then?

I didn't realize the regularly scheduled shows were pre-empted for the Highlander movie. That's what I get for fast forwarding through the commercials. Rolling Eyes

At least I didn't miss any Noein or Tokko. Smile .....Yeah, Street Fighter is pretty entertaining; in a nostalgic sort-of-way.

Actually I liked it. That review is from The Click. You should read The Click then you would have known about the program change.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I would just like to know who's bright idea was it to air Eiken at 11 AM on a Saturday (as in the same period when Saturday cartoons are on). It isn't exactly the sort of show that should be on in the daytime, and about a year ago, it came on at 4 PM on a Friday. I guess the Encore Action programmers have a real good sense of humor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
(also, I just saw a trailer for Jet Li's new movie... I thought he was gonna stop being in martial arts films?)

that was the last one he made.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
DKL wrote:
(also, I just saw a trailer for Jet Li's new movie... I thought he was gonna stop being in martial arts films?)

that was the last one he made.

The commercial for Fearless billed it as his last martial arts film but the new film War has martial arts fighting in it. Maybe they meant Fearless was his last historical martial arts film. Maybe he's just going to do action films
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2