• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Because You Kon Kon Kokon

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Kon Kon Kokon and Peacemaker both look interesting...I hope they get loads better (and thus justify buying them).

Oh, and CLAMP's version of Alice in Wonderland...it was bad? I was thinking of looking into it...
Kyuriko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker has finally been released? I already have the entire series (excluding the sequel Peacemaker Kurogane) in Japanese, but I'm interested in seeing how Tokyopop has translated it. I thought that it received a fair grade for the first volume. The story does improve as it rolls along, though, and Tetsunosuke starts having great character development when the series starts becoming darker, especially in the last volume, which is really worth reading.

I'm still stunned that Tokyopop has finally released it -- it's seemed like ages since ADV had dropped the series and the Tokyopop license was announced, so it's almost hard for me to believe it's out!
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
Kon Kon Kokon and Peacemaker both look interesting...I hope they get loads better (and thus justify buying them).

Oh, and CLAMP's version of Alice in Wonderland...it was bad? I was thinking of looking into it...

CLAMP's Miyuki-chan in Wonderland only stayed somewhat close to the origional for about one chapter before turning into "how do we get the lesbians to sexually molest Miyuki-chan today?" I thought it was fun personally but definitly not the epitome of clever.

I actually just bought Kon Kon Kokon at AFO2007, but haven't read it all yet so far it is a lot of fun. But I have to expect that from one of my favorite manga authors.
Strephon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Ari-chan wrote:

CLAMP's Miyuki-chan in Wonderland only stayed somewhat close to the origional for about one chapter before turning into "how do we get the lesbians to sexually molest Miyuki-chan today?" I thought it was fun personally but definitly not the epitome of clever.

My favorite part was actually the afterword ("It's not like we're just obsessed with skirts!" "Aren't we?" "I know I am..."). It should be noted that despite the title, most of the chapters aren't Wonderland-related; Miyuki-chan visits/dreams herself into a variety of settings, including X.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2