• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Moetan Episode Removed from Japanese Broadcast for DVD Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banshou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:24 am Reply with quote
Some of the analyses here don't feel particularly neutral...

I was a bit surprised that some scene were aired uncut; it wasn't paedophilic aspects of the show, but rather how close they came actual nudity without showing it...

other than that, I can't understand why someone would feel this is dirty, unless they had a predisposition towards underage characters...

darkchibi07 wrote:
After that fine line the anime was teetering on between ecchi and pseudo-hentai (especially on episode 4 when Ink-chan and Sumi-chan were trying to set themselves free from a tentacle monster that's dripping white goo), I'm not that surprised at all! Laughing

For those who do not watch the show or have not seen episode four, I'd like to say that this is quote is taken out of context...

This scene was only a mental image of sumi's consisting of a pan of two images depicting said tentacle rape scene(in the first picture their clothes are torn at the midriff, but in the second they are both fully clothed Confused ) with Ink and sumi clothed but constrained in compromising positions that only lasted ten seconds...
The actual monster was a giant octopus-like creature with what appeared to be a proportionate scale size pair of striped panties on it's head...

While I'm at it, I may as well say that the tentacles were covered (not emitting) a more or less clear fluid... (not solid white...)

Sorry for nitpicking, I have a bad habit of obsessing over/about small details...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quote
In anime, age is but a number. I could draw a 10-yr-old-looking girl and call her a 20-yr-old college student. It's what she looks that matters.

Besides, nobody is really getting hurt. Just ask Jack McClellan. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2