• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New xxxHOLiC Series, Ah! My Goddess TV Special Revealed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh thank you lord xxxHOLiC continues. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shawaazu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad that xxxHOLiC will continue! The anime was really good and I can't wait to see the new series.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Sweet. More Ah! My Goddess is always a good thing. I hope that this special will be licensed in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
g0th1k4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
w00t more Ah My Goddess....man i really hope a 3rd season will follow with the success of the TV special!!
mc_beaner69

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote
two awesome ass shows finally! xxxholic W00t! and sweet sweet belldandy WOot!1
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote
WOHOOOO!!! ^____________________________________^ <--- Me being REALLY happy

Thank goodness, xxxHolic will continue ^^
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Interesting.

I have to admit, I'm not sure if I am happy or not that more xxxHolic anime is being made, because I found that the art level of the first season was really sloppy and inconsistent (more so than your standard sloppiness and it wasn't even an overly long series) and the fact that they totally changed the order of stories from the manga means that any character development is gone. Still, it wasn't the worst anime ever, just a big disappointment as an adaptation.
Roy9076

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Interesting choice. Hopefully ends up being better than the last.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hikura

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Roy9076 wrote:
Interesting choice. Hopefully ends up being better than the last.

Took the words out of my mouth(i think..if you are referring to tsubasa).Glad to see they are doing a special for ah!my goddess.I really enjoy the show.
undeadben

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I have to admit, I'm not sure if I am happy or not that more xxxHolic anime is being made, because I found that the art level of the first season was really sloppy and inconsistent (more so than your standard sloppiness and it wasn't even an overly long series) and the fact that they totally changed the order of stories from the manga means that any character development is gone. Still, it wasn't the worst anime ever, just a big disappointment as an adaptation.

I recently watched it and thought a lot along the same lines. I hated in particular the wonderful character designs from the manga being changed. They almost looked like grotesque stick figures in the TV series. At times I thought I was watching the Nightmare Before Christmas rather than xxxHolic.

And I also hated that the build up or development of the characters never follows through. One of the things I really like about the manga is getting to see those changes in all of the characters little by little. Some of them were irritating to me at first and some of them seemed pitiful, but as I read it I get to really see them and their relationships between each other develop chapter by chapter and it is nice. But here, It is like the TV series creators decided on how the characters were and that that is always how they're supposed to be. There are not even small little hints of changes, which is something the manga clearly points out as greatly relevant.

It was fun enough to watch some of the cool stories in moving animation but with the noticeable drop in animation, design, and both story and character development from the manga stories it was also a disappointment to me. I hope they do a better job of it in the second series.

Ok that aside, yay on the AMG special! I hadn't even seen the last episode specials from Sorezore no Tsubasa yet because I am being patient and waiting for the DVD releases here because I thought there would not be any more AMG for a long while so this is good news.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quote
The reason this is good news is they can't improve it if the never make more.

Of course the best bet would be to wait until the manga finishes, but by that time the studios might never make it because the popularity would have died down and something bigger and badder is on the block.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

It's the reason it COULD be good news. They could also get worse.
roesnail

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quote
i am glad for xxxholic, however the tsubasa chronicles anime is better than holics (but i like the xxxholics manga better than tsubasa's), and id rather have a season three. hopefuly they start it all from the begining so we can see the character developement
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

It's the reason it COULD be good news. They could also get worse.

True, I'm being optimistic. Very Happy
TSC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quote
Good thing to hear about on AMG TV special. I'm still in middle of collecting the second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3