• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Video-On-Demand Poll

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:43 am Reply with quote
Hey, howabout Uncut Sentai (aka Power Rangers). I want to see Choujin Sentai Jetman!! And all the other uncut Sentai stuff, not bastardized for the kiddies!!
Bushwack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:23 am Reply with quote
Are these the dubs only? Most of them where god awful. If we are talking about the uncut subs then I'm in.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:44 am Reply with quote
Bushwack wrote:
Are these the dubs only? Most of them where god awful. If we are talking about the uncut subs then I'm in.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-08-13/toei-vod-poll

Quote:
subtitled in English
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:14 am Reply with quote
I voted for Sailor Moon, Doremi and Pretty Cure... and I noticed that Doremi starts with seasion 2... I hate 4kids so much... Man I really hope that they realise those shows...
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quote
It'll be sad that the fansubbed versions of Sailor Moon end up being more professional than Toei's translations. Rolling Eyes
Hika Yagami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Seeing Digimon uncut with official English subs is something that I've wished for for the past 8 years!! I have a question. How does VOD and the Downloading thing work? I've never really tried it.

Hika Yagami
Crawly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Hika Yagami wrote:
How does VOD and the Downloading thing work? I've never really tried it.

For the downloading, so far it's been pretty much the same across the board in the US. You pay a fee using a credit card, then you follow a link to download what you just paid for. The episode/movie is tied to 1 or 3 machines of your choice that you register with the entity you're buying it from, and these machines can never be changed. Your computer dies, you're SOL. Also, in a lot of cases they can't be burned to dvd. It really more of a rental process than an ownership process regardless of what they call it. DRM sucks.

The only VOD I've used has been through Comcast and it was all free. But basically you picked what you wanted to watch from the available shows and watched it whenever as long it was offered in the menu. It was also possible to record what you were watching.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Funny that AOD hasn't reported this poll yet. I guess there was some forthcoming hentai title which Chris had to comment on which took more priority. Rolling Eyes
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
Hey, howabout Uncut Sentai (aka Power Rangers). I want to see Choujin Sentai Jetman!! And all the other uncut Sentai stuff, not bastardized for the kiddies!!

That'd be nice. Give us some Sentai.
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Funny that AOD hasn't reported this poll yet. I guess there was some forthcoming hentai title which Chris had to comment on which took more priority. :roll:

Wow, feel the snark!

We don't cover too much regarding VOD or download material. It's that simple.

Keep up the little comments, it's what I love to find on my forum searches here. They make my day! :D
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Beveridge:
Quote:

That's a bit misleading, since you have been known to review downloadable content on dvds. Also, these are related to OOP titles which were previously available on dvd.

Quote:

Keep up the little comments, it's what I love to find on my forum searches here. They make my day! Very Happy

I thought what makes your day is being behind other news sites, because you'd rather discuss the merits of the latest overpriced anime disc featuring women with big tits getting raped. Rolling Eyes
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:

Keep up the little comments, it's what I love to find on my forum searches here. They make my day! Very Happy

I thought what makes your day is being behind other news sites, because you'd rather discuss the merits of the latest overpriced anime disc featuring women with big tits getting raped. Rolling Eyes

C'mon, you had your fun, now leave it alone.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
jmays: Ok, I'll apologize for going too far, but he can answer my legit comment.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
Aresef wrote:
Hon'ya-chan wrote:

That'd be nice. Give us some Sentai.

And I want Metal Hero stuff as well!! Screw Beetleborgs, I want Winspector and Solbrain!! And nice box sets; none of this individual DVD stuff. Unless your thinking of airing on TV somewhere.
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:32 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Beveridge:
Quote:

That's a bit misleading, since you have been known to review downloadable content on dvds. Also, these are related to OOP titles which were previously available on dvd.

There's been how many of those? One? The Freedom HD DVD. That's certainly not the same as VOD which doesn't even require a set-top player. You might as well say "You've reviewed a live action movie or two, why don't you review every live action movie made?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7