• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fushigi Yugi Magazine

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:39 pm Reply with quote
An entire mag devoted to FY. Ya know...I kinda want one. Anime smile
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Well, as much as liked the TV series, I think I'll have to pass for the magazine. Add to the fact that I don't even read manga, I would say this magazine is more for the BIG Yuu Watase fangirls (or boys?)

Although, if that other FY related manga included in the magazine is any good, I wouldn't mind seeing an anime version of it... Anime smile + sweatdrop.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Lol, well, the manga is incredibly long, I'm not very surprised by this, seeing as how we have various magazines here dedicated to Pokemon and DBZ. A magazine full of watase art... I'd buy it.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:09 pm Reply with quote
To be perfectly honest, I'd go more for a Yuu Watase magazine over an FY one. With the amount of work she's done, I'd probably like to see something with more variety.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Oooh.. I want that very badly. Fushigi Yuugi was, sadly, my life in middle school.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow... you got sucked into an alternate world too? And you also fell in love with a fictional character? That's pretty shocking! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Wow... you got sucked into an alternate world too? And you also fell in love with a fictional character? That's pretty shocking! Shocked

Laughing. That's funny! At least that'd be more exciting than what my junior high/middle school was like. All I did was sing in the choir and dispute with myself between which girl I liked more; the smart one, or the fun and outgoing one. Needless to say, I wasn't a good fit for either, and I ended up liking the energetic one for the next 5 years.

Bah! Enough rambling Mad. I have a few more LE DVDs to buy, after that, I was kind of thinking of getting Ayashi no Ceres. Should I get that or add on to those series I'm just starting?

Last edited by Tony K. on Fri May 28, 2004 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Ceres is really good... I love the dark and somber feel it has.

I'd suggest you get it.

Smile
Abel

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
To be perfectly honest, I'd go more for a Yuu Watase magazine over an FY one. With the amount of work she's done, I'd probably like to see something with more variety.

Complain Complain. You're never a happy one eh? Twisted Evil

Now I wonder if I should get a few. Maybe after PMX.

FY from my perspective though is a soft series. It's had its time already. I just wish there was more for Alice 19th. -_-

Abel- every time you buy a manga, a tree dies. Twisted Evil
Nuriko-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:07 pm Reply with quote
O_O I want! I want! I want! I'll probably be ordering one off of Sasuaga or Anime Castle soon ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
qollocust

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:59 pm Reply with quote
*drools* Man I wish I were in Japan

....yes I'm an FY fangirl -_-;

Oh yes and I highly recommed Ceres! While it and FY are both great in their own rights, I think Ceres was better story-wise. It's more grown up than FY.
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:35 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:

Hahaha- Hmm.. actually that sounds about right. Shocked
Moonstruck

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote
I've just started reading the manga and I really want to watch the anime. The first volume was good. This is something I would like to have once I finish the manga. Anime smile
sun007

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like FY that much. Watase has done better work. They shouldn't really devote a magazine just for FY. Rolling Eyes
Questofdreams

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I was kind of thinking of getting Ayashi no Ceres. Should I get that or add on to those series I'm just starting?

Seriously, it's better to just borrow it from someone and watch it that way before you decide to actually buy it. I LOVED Fushigi Yuugi so naturally, I decided to get Ayashi no Ceres...boy was I disappointed. Some disagree, but I thought it just kind of draaaaaaaaaaaaagged on......and was no where as captivating and FY. Just my opinion.

Personally, I would SO buy the magazine, hahaha...especially to get those 100 or so pages of Genbu Kaiden!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2