• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Romance anime recommendations.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjGreekhunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying to adjust as much as i can! Maybe a lot of members have passed from here asking for quick advices or even spamming all the time "Next season when? etc or asking for information without giving clues". I can assure you i'm that kind of person. As for the rules ofc you are doing the right thing, but that doesn't mean not giving a gap of space for some smalls mistakes. It's not a military community it's a fan base community!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I think everyone just referred to it as Noucome.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Okay, half-hearted recommendations for DjGreekhunter and whoever else cares.

Sekerei - Romance? well, it is the stuff that Harem's are made of. One girl out of nowhere likes guy for little to no reason, and then he starts collecting more. And, as an honest to god fan of harems, I actually found this done rather well. Your main girl is the pure and innocent idiot girl who doesn't understand the concept of bodily shame. Then there's the mega-tsundere, the serious ones, the loli to look after, the bad-asses, the villain girls who secretly start liking the boy. It just goes on and on.

Then there's the action plot with a tournament set-up. I'm not a fan of these usually but it works pretty well, actually. The villains are very often very understandable sorts with actual motives. Eventually the generic evil quotient gets worse to such a degree I really don't know if I'll bother watching a third season if one is released, but comparatively it was good stuff. And it's obvious that the whole plot is actually well laid out, the original writer has a plan and a structure to follow.

Fan-service. Boobies, boobies, boobies, girls ripping off each others clothes in fights, boobies spilling out of their blouses to suffocate the man-child. Boobies in see-through clothes, boobies in bathtubs, boobies everywhere. What I don't like about this, due to personal preference, is that every single girl, (except the child- and give her time) has ginormous melon breasts. Gimmee some variety, will ya?

Kenichi, The Strongest Disciple
- The screwball comedy of this keeps me coming back. And somehow I find the mildly sexist goofball protagonist ("I don't fight girls!") to be endearing, and I do cheer for him to get with his show's air-headed blonde ass-kicker. I mean, to me, the actual plot is just super generic: fight the evil organization, move on to the next, prove you da strongest! That last OVA with the militant soldier guy ignorantly trying to challenge to Master's dojo was everything good about the show. Funny martial arts humor, each character portraying their quirks, just a little serious stuff. It's a good 'un.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
@DjGreekhunter, I second those recommendations from Spastic Minnow. Also, judging from the list you posted, I would recommend to you Star Driver. It's a mecha show, but it has a nice mix of action, comedy and some interesting undercurrents of love/lust. There are a bunch of twists and turns and I think you'll enjoy the ride. I believe you can stream it on ANN too.
DjGreekhunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Thank you a lot for your posts i'll give it a try on 1 of the titles you have already reffered!
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
pure romance-human drama anime are Amagami SS, White Album 2, Say i Love You, True Tears, Kare Kano, Peach Girl, Bokura Ga Ita.

romance comedy - Lovely Complex, Tokimeki only love, Toradora!, Kimi ni Todoke(this one is super popular with girls, but not guys).

I think Eureka Seven has good romance too, but it has action and mecha. And the first 10 eps were very boring.
DjGreekhunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
Hello again! I'm back asking again for any reccomendations! Just finished Infinite Stratos and currently i'm watching Fairy tail! Ofc i'm seeking this time a title more close to Action-Romance. I have already some suggestions like Medaka Box - Strike Blood-Date a Live, but i think i need something close to Action-Romance. Do you belive any of them is near the genres i ask? Do you have any other suggestions?

P.S. sry for my Grammar - English in general1
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:57 am Reply with quote
Time to revive this thread!

Snow White with the Red Hair / Akagami no Shirayuki-hime: If you want a Disney-like romance gone anime (without the singing), try this one. The main heroine, Shirayuki, is a straightforward herbalist trying to get better at her profession. Her red hair however, causes problems for her. In her home country, prince Raj forcess her to become his concubine. She flees and quite quickly runs into a guy... well you might be able to guess what's next in some way, but I won't spoil it anyway.

This show's main strengths lie in the main characters, who are both likable, strong, straightforward (REALLY refreshing) and at least a bit flawed. Especially the main guy, Zen, gets a lot of backstory. There isn't much real conflict in this show, but watching these characters interact and their relationships grow was enough for me to love this series. The problems the main duo face are also quite well done, since Zen as (very minor spoiler)spoiler[a prince,] cannot just do anything he pleases in his position. This also brings trouble for Shirayuki herself, as the (very minor spoiler, it's save to look)spoiler[commoner]in their relationship.

There's a second season coming up (the first was 1 cour), so I hope Snow White herself gets more backstory. She's a strong lead, but less fleshed out than others in this show. She has a kind of catchphrase which can get a little annoying at times. Some 'villains' are a bit cliché as well.
All things combined though, you really should try this one, especially if you love romance.

Blue Spring Ride
A quite run-off-the-mill high school romance with a bit unlikable guy and a non-ending - BUT - still a lovely show which diehard romance lovers shouldn't miss. Also, some lovely humorous touches and superbly done drama.
Some of the main draws for me in this series were the main girl, Futaba, and the friends she makes. Futaba starts off as a doormat pleaser, but luckily for us quickly knows this isn't the right way. She changes for the good and slowly gets herself some real friends she can actually rely on. The touching moments between Futaba and her friends are golden.
Another main draw is in the main conflict of the male protagonist - Kou. He's a bit unlikable and even (almost) takes one major misstep towards Futaba, but his backstory with his family is quite tragic and bound to move many viewers. I think the family theme was done superbly there.
The budding relationship of Kou and Futaba is also central to the series, I quite enjoyed that as well. Unfortunately we have to read the manga to get the full experience.

Also worth mentioning is Inari Kon Kon. This show mixes a fairly clichéd middle school romantic comedy story with the supernatural. The protagonists are the clumsy middle school girl Inari and shrine goddess Uka. The concepts are nothing new, so if you want something original, this is definitely not for you. However, this series offers quite likable characters who change for the better as the story continues. The best description would be good comfort food. Highlights are the goddess Uka (who happens to like bishounen dating games), her relationship with Inari's brother, Inari's friends and the very relatable problems they face.

Wolf Girl & Black Prince
Probably only watchable for diehard romance lovers, but I quite enjoyed this title nonetheless. I'd consider this high school romance totally predictable and run-off-the-mill if the main characters weren't so totally flawed - and the show knows it.
Professional liar Erika needs a guy to show off and prove her fake friends that she really isn't lying at all when she tells them her outlandish stories about her boyfriend. Thus she makes a photo of a random bishounen walking by in town. Quite unfortunately for her, the guy she photographed is of the same school and she confesses her problems to him in hope he'll understand and help her. He does, but in the process want her to be his 'dog' and orders her around.
The main characters totally deserve each other in every way, as they are totally flawed. This makes this show slightly more interesting too. Their budding relationship also doesn't become a will-they-or-won't-they - quite soon their relationships become clear to everyone and they get in the dating phase. This part is quite refreshing too, as Erika's wildly clichéd dating fantasies are totally not what Kyoya wants and the couple needs to adjust to each other and give and take to get their relationship to work.
Lastly, the secondary characters are a breath of fresh air. Erika somehow has one REAL friend, San, who is really down to earth and just awesome in every way. Kyoya also has one kind bro, surprisingly.
Set1229

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm new to the genre, so if I come across as clueless, my bad.

Any suggestions that are not over-the-top harem?
The sweeter and warmer, the better.

I've already seen Fruits Basket.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
^
If you're looking for harems, then I suggest that that you start here.
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Gee, since some yuri shows were recommended here.
Guess, I will go with a show that needs more love: Destiny of the Shrine Maiden. Raw emotion, very good action scenes, beautiful soundtrack and of course, a tragic love story between Himeko and Chikane that spoiler[gets resolved in the end credits].
Just wish it was a little bit LONGER.
A movie would be nice, too.

Now for straight romance,

Eureka Seven anyone?
I mean, its pretty long but I think if you hang long enough, the journey will be satisfying. It has some really good mecha battles, too. And the story is quite interesting if you're into sci-fi and drama.
Renton's story is kinda your typical "you need to grow up and carry your own weight" story but the story gets more complex as it develops.

I'm not sure if Cardcaptor Sakura was mentioned.

I think its a cute little love story and well, of course there is more to it than that.
But I think its still sweet how Sakura and Syaoran are so hostile to each other. One of CLAMP's classics. If your looking for magical shows with some romance in it, I think you might like this one.

Last edited by Heishi on Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Gee, since some yuri shows were recommended here.
Guess, I will go with a show that needs more love: Destiny of the Shrine Maiden. Raw emotion, very good action scenes, beautiful soundtrack and of course, a tragic love story between Himeko and Chikane that spoiler[gets resolved in the end credits].
Just wish a little bit LONGER.
A movie would be nice, too.

Just FYI.
Edit: Oops, I see that you are aware of it! Embarassed
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:47 am Reply with quote
Set1229 wrote:
Any suggestions that are not over-the-top harem?
The sweeter and warmer, the better.

Watch Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. Nodame Cantabile isn't really "sweet," but it is certainly warm-hearted. REC might be another good choice for you.
happylama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote
No body can deny that the feels in Romance Anime are too deep,personaly, I feel so connected to the characters,the spice in Romance Anime cant be found in any other genre or type of Tv-Shows ,the more romance anime I watch the more I understand how does our feelings work ,I learned so much about how deep can feelings go, well the hardest feeling we the anime lovers can get is when we finish an anime and cant find what to watch more,so I selected for you 20 Romance Anime that you really should watch.

1 - Kotoura-san

Episodes: 12

Aired: Jan 11,2013 to Mar 29, 2013

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School

Duration: 23 min in each ep.

Studio: AIC Classic

Summary:

A school love comedy. Kotoura Haruka is a 15-year-old girl who can read people's minds. She has been suffering from troubles caused by her mind-reading ability, and her parents got divorced as a result. She moves to a new high school but tries to keep away from her classmates. Manabe Yoshihisa, one of her classmates, accepts and appreciates her ability and she begins to interact with her friends with his help.
(Source: MAL News)

2 - Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Episodes: 13

Aired: Oct 2, 2012 to Dec 25, 2012

Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Duration: 24 min in each ep.

Studio: Brain's Base

Summary:

Shizuku Mizutani is apathetic towards her classmates, only caring about her grades. However, her cold view of life begins to change when she meets Haru Yoshida, a violent troublemaker who stopped attending class after getting into a fight early in the school year. He is not much different from her, though he too understands little about human nature and does not have any friends. Much to Shizuku's surprise, he proclaims that she will be his friend and immediately confesses his feelings towards her upon meeting her.
Because of her lack of friends and social interaction, Shizuku has a hard time understanding her relationship with Haru. But slowly, their friendship begins to progress, and she discovers that there is more to Haru than violence. She begins to develop feelings for him, but is unsure what kind of emotions she is experiencing. Together, Shizuku and Haru explore the true nature of their relationship and emotions.
(Source: Myanimelist)

3 - Nisekoi

Episodes: 20

Aired:Jan 11, 2014 to May 24, 2014

Genres: Comedy, Harem, Romance, School, Shounen

Studio: Shaft

Summary:

Raku Ichijou, a first-year student at Bonyari High School, is the sole heir to an intimidating yakuza family. Ten years ago, Raku promised his childhood friend that they would get married when they reunite as teenagers. To seal the deal, the girl had given Raku a closed locket, the key to which she took with her when she left him.
Now, years later, Raku has grown into a typical teenager, and all he wants is to remain as uninvolved in his yakuza background as possible while spending his school days alongside his middle school crush Kosaki Onodera. However, when the American Bee Hive Gang invades his family's turf, Raku's idyllic romantic dreams are sent for a toss as he is dragged into a frustrating conflict: Raku is to pretend that he is in a romantic relationship with Chitoge Kirisaki, the beautiful daughter of the Bee Hive's chief, so as to reduce the friction between the two groups. Unfortunately, reality could not be farther from this whopping lie-Raku and Chitoge fall in hate at first sight, as the girl is convinced he is a pathetic pushover, and in Raku's eyes, Chitoge is about as attractive as a savage gorilla.
Nisekoi follows the daily antics of this mismatched couple who have been forced to get along for the sake of maintaining the city's peace. With many more girls popping up his life, all involved with Raku's past somehow, his search for the girl who holds his heart and his promise leads him in more unexpected directions than he expects.
(Source:myanimelist)

4 - Kokoro Connect

Aired:Jul 8, 2012 to Sep 30, 2012

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Studio: Silver Link.

Summary:

Kokoro Connect is about the not-so-ordinary lives of the members of the Cultural Research Club of Yamaboshi High School. Seemingly without reason and without warning, the five club members suddenly find themselves randomly switching bodies with each other. Taichi Yaegashi, Iori Nagase, Himeko Inaba, Yui Kiriyama, and Yoshifumi Aoki?it's utter chaos, especially during times when they find themselves in the bodies of the opposite sex. Secrets and worries that each of them have hidden away are brought to the surface, and it's unclear whether they will bring the group closer, or drive them apart. And in the center of these supernatural events is the mysterious Heartseed...

5 - Ao Haru Ride

Aired:Jul 8, 2014 to Sep 23, 2014

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Studio:Production I.G

Summary:

Futaba Yoshioka used to be an attractive and popular middle-schooler well liked by the opposite sex, but ostracized by the girls. Nevertheless, she was able to brush all that off, because the only opinion that truly mattered to her was that of Kou Tanaka, a classmate with whom she shared a shelter from rain once, followed by quite a few other precious and significant memories. She even succeeded at making plans to meet with the quiet and innocent boy at the summer festival, but a simple misunderstanding, and Tanaka's subsequent disappearance, left her walking the halls of her school friendless.
Now in high school, Futaba is not your typical adolescent girl. Determined to become a class favorite this time, she avoids all unwanted attention and, instead of acting cute and feminine, only stands out through her tomboyish behavior and disheveled look. But still, her world is soon turned upside down when the only boy she ever liked unexpectedly comes into her life once again except he goes by the name of Kou Mabuchi now, and it is not his name alone that has gone through a sea change.

6 - Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Episodes: 26

Aired:Apr 2, 2010 to Sep 24, 2010

Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Shoujo

Studio: J.C.Staff

Summary:

Being the first female student council president isn't easy, especially when your school just transitioned from an all boys high school to a co-ed one. Aptly nicknamed "Demon President" by the boys for her strict disciplinary style, Misaki Ayuzawa is not afraid to use her mastery of Aikido techniques to cast judgment onto the hordes of misbehaving boys and defend the girls at Seika High School. Yet even the perfect Ayuzawa has an embarrassing secret she works part-time as a maid at a maid café to help her struggling family pay the bills. She has managed to keep her job hidden from her fellow students and maintained her flawless image as a stellar student until one day, Takumi Usui, the most popular boy in school, walks into the maid café. He could destroy her reputation with her secret... or he could twist the student council president around his little finger and use her secret as an opportunity to get closer to her.

7 - Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Aired:Apr 9, 2012 to Jun 25, 2012

Genres: Horror, Mystery, Romance, School, Shounen, Supernatural

Studio: Silver Link.

Summary:

Seikyou Private Academy, built on the intrigue of traditional occult myths, bears a dark past for 60 years, it has been haunted by a ghost known as Yuuko, a young woman who mysteriously died in the basement of the old school building. With no memory of her life or death, Yuuko discreetly founds and heads the Paranormal Investigations Club in search of answers.
After a chance meeting leads Yuuko to cling to diligent freshman Teiichi Niiya, who can see the quirky ghost, they quickly grow close, and he decides to help her. Along with Kirie Kanoe, Yuuko's relative, and the oblivious second year Momoe Okonogi, they delve deep into the infamous Seven Mysteries of the storied school.
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia tells a unique tale of students who work together to shed light on their school's paranormal happenings, all the while inching closer to the truth behind Yuuko's death.

8 - Ano Natsu de Matteru

Aired:Jan 10, 2012 to Mar 27, 2012

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi, Shounen, Slice of Life

Summary:

When a group of friends decide to make a movie over a long summer holiday, they end up learning a little about filmmaking and a lot more about each other and themselves. What begins as a simple way to avoid the summer doldrums quickly turns into something much more complex, intimate and revealing, as the maturing relationships between the members of the young cast take on new, and sometimes very unexpected, turns.
(Source: Sentai Filmworks)

9 - Kimikiss Pure Rouge

Episodes: 24

Aired:Oct 7, 2007 to Mar 23, 2008

Genres: Drama, Romance, School

Summary:

Kouichi Sanada and Kazuki Aihara's childhood friend Mao Mizusawa has returned after living in France for a couple of years. Kouichi is surprised to learn that, since her parents are remaining overseas for the time being, his mother has agreed to let Mao stay with them. The three friends help each other deal with the ups and downs of high school romance.
(Source: ANN)

P.S: you can check out Top 15 Anime Movies

10 - Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Aired:Oct 9, 2012 to Mar 26, 2013

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School, Slice of Life

Summary:

When abandoned kittens and his good conscience force second year Sorata Kanda to move into Suimei High School's infamous Sakura Hall, the satellite dorm and its eccentric, misfit residents turn his life upside down. The decidedly average Sorata finds it difficult to fit in with the bizarre collection of dorm residents like Misaki, an energetic animator; Jin, a playwright playboy; Ryuunosuke, a reclusive programmer, and Chihiro, the dorm manager, art teacher, and party girl.
Sorata's friend Nanami, a second year student and aspiring voice actress, pushes him to find new owners for the many cats so that he can quickly move back into the regular dorms. However, his desire to escape Sakura Hall wavers when the pet-like and infantile second year Mashiro Shiina, a world-class artistic savant looking to become a mangaka, transfers in during the spring trimester and quickly latches onto him.
Supported by each other's quirks, Sorata and Mashiro come out of their shells and trigger change in the lives of those around them. Based on the light novel series of the same name, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo explores the fine threads connecting talent, hard work, romance, and friendship with its ensemble cast.
(Source: myanimelist)

11 - Say I Love You

Aired:Oct 7, 2012 to Dec 30, 2012

Genres:Romance, School, Shoujo

Studio:Zexcs

Summary:

Mei Tachibana was once a regular girl who enjoyed hanging out with her friends. But after a traumatic incident where all her so-called friends suddenly turned their backs on her, Mei's idea of friendship changed forever. In order to stop herself from ever going through the same awful experience again, she decides to stay away from people as much as possible, and ideally, to never make any friends ever again. This tactic seems to have worked relatively well in her current high school life, and she didn't at all mind being thought of as gloomy and strange. However, the appearance of Yamato Kurosawa-one of the most popular boys in her high school-shakes her stable foundation of an introvert, and makes her question whether or not her choices were indeed the right ones.
Not only does Yamato not ignore her like everyone else seems to be doing, he also decides to freely give her his phone number! As their relationship slowly develops, and is marked with an unexpected kiss, Mei is finding it very hard to adapt to this new life style, and hardest of all, to express her true feelings towards Yamato. Sukitte Ii na yo. follows their developing relationship, as well as their frequent disagreements, to portray how difficult it can really be to say 'I love you.'

12 - Myself; Yourself

Aired:Oct 3, 2007 to Dec 26, 2007

Genres:Drama, Romance, School

Duration: 25 min in each ep.

Studio:Doga Kobo

Summary:

For the sake of parents' business plans, Hidaka Sana moved to Tokyo. Five years later, he has become a high school student, and returned to his hometown, Sakuranomori. He feels uneasy because the streets of his hometown and his old friend he meets again have changed a lot since five years ago. The most changed thing is his childhood friend, Yatsushiro Nanaka. She used to smile sweetly with innocent eyes, but now she has withdrawn herself and is gloomy.
(Source: AnimeNfo)

13 - Anohana

Episodes: 11

Aired:Apr 15, 2011 to Jun 24, 2011

Genres:Drama, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Duration: 22 min in each ep.

Studio:A-1 Pictures

Summary:

Jinta Yadomi is peacefully living as a recluse, spending his days away from school and playing video games at home instead. One hot summer day, his childhood friend, Meiko 'Menma' Honma, appears and pesters him to grant a forgotten wish. He pays her no mind, which annoys her, but he doesn't really care. After all, Menma already died years ago.
At first, Jinta thinks that he is merely hallucinating due to the summer heat, but he is later on convinced that what he sees truly is the ghost of Menma. Jinta and his group of childhood friends grew apart after her untimely death, but they are drawn together once more as they try to lay Menma's spirit to rest. Re-living their pain and guilt, will they be able to find the strength to help not only Menma move on-but themselves as well?

14 - Golden Time

Aired:Oct 4, 2013 to Mar 28, 2014

Genres: Comedy, Romance, Seinen

Studio:J.C.Staff

Summary:

Banri Tada is a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo. However, due to an accident, he lost all of his memories. During his freshman orientation, he encounters another freshman from the same school, Mitsuo Yanagisawa, and they hit it off at once. Without any memory of each other, their lives become more and more intertwined as if set by the hands of fate. But what is their fate, and will it lead to happiness or another memory to forget...
(Source: Crunchyroll)

15 - ef: A Tale of Melodies

Aired:Oct 7, 2008 to Dec 23, 2008

Genres: Drama, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural

Studio:Shaft

Summary:

In a story set years in the past, Himura Yuu is a studious and diligent young man intent solely on maintaining his top academic position at Otowa Academy. One day, he meets a mysterious girl named Amamiya Yuuko, who, to his surprise, recognizes him. Memories of a distant childhood, memories rather left forgotten... meeting Yuuko again will force Yuu to confront the regrets and sorrows of their collective pasts and presents.
In the present, Kuze Shuuichi may seem like a womanizer, but upon closer inspection, is a man who would rather be left alone. Hayama Mizuki, however, is not the type of girl who would let him be, especially after hearing the beautiful sounds of his violin performance. As Mizuki attempts to become closer to him, Kuze attempts to push her away,the tale of their budding relationship is darkened with undertones of an imminent tragedy.

16 - Chobits

Episodes: 26

Aired:Apr 3, 2002 to Sep 25, 2002

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Romance, Sci-Fi, Seinen

Studio:Madhouse

Summary:

When computers start to look like humans, can love remain the same?
Hideki Motosuwa is a young country boy who is studying hard to get into college. Coming from a poor background, he can barely afford the expenses, let alone the newest fad: Persocoms, personal computers that look exactly like human beings. One evening while walking home, he finds an abandoned Persocom. After taking her home and managing to activate her, she seems to be defective, as she can only say one word, "Chii," which eventually becomes her name. Unlike other Persocoms, however, Chii cannot download information onto her hard drive, so Hideki decides to teach her about the world the old-fashioned way, while studying for his college entrance exams at the same time.
Along with his friends, Hideki tries to unravel the mystery of Chii, who may be a "Chobit," an urban legend about special units that have real human emotions and thoughts, and love toward their owner. But can romance flourish between a Persocom and a human?

17 - Toradora!

Episodes: 25

Aired:Oct 2, 2008 to Mar 26, 2009

Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Slice of Life

Studio:J.C.Staff

Summary:

Ryuuji Takasu is a gentle high school student with a love for housework; but in contrast to his kind nature, he has an intimidating face that often gets him labeled as a delinquent. On the other hand is Taiga Aisaka, a small, doll-like student, who is anything but a cute and fragile girl. Equipped with a wooden katana and feisty personality, Taiga is known throughout the school as the "Palmtop Tiger.'
One day, an embarrassing mistake causes the two students to cross paths. Ryuuji discovers that Taiga actually has a sweet side: she has a crush on the popular vice president, Yuusaku Kitamura, who happens to be his best friend. But things only get crazier when Ryuuji reveals that he has a crush on Minori Kushieda-Taiga's best friend!
Toradora! is a romantic comedy that follows this odd duo as they embark on a quest to help each other with their respective crushes, forming an unlikely alliance in the process.

18 - White Album 2

Aired:Oct 6, 2013 to Dec 29, 2013

Genres:Drama, Music, Romance, Slice of Life

Studio:Satelight

Summary:

Haruki Kitahara's light music club is on the verge of disbanding. At this rate, the third year's dream of performing at the school festival would never be realized. However, as his exhausted fingers drift through the chords of 'White Album,' the first song he would ever play, an angelic voice and mysterious piano begin harmonizing with his lonely guitar. It is a momentous performance that marks the beginning of everything for Haruki.
White Album 2 orchestrates Haruki's final semester with complex romance and exhilarating music, as the curtains of the stage he so desired begin to open...

19 - Clannad

Episodes: 23

[color=red][b]Aired:[/b][/color]Oct 5, 2007 to Mar 28, 2008

[color=red][b]Genres:[/b][/color]Comedy, Drama, Romance, School, Slice of Life, Supernatural

[color=red][b]Duration:[/b][/color] 24 min in each ep.

[color=red][b]Studio:[/b][/color]Kyoto Animation

[color=red][b]Summary:[/b][/color]

Tomoya Okazaki is a delinquent who finds life dull and believes he'll never amount to anything. Along with his friend Sunohara, he skips school and plans to waste his high school days away.
One day while walking to school, Tomoya passes a young girl muttering quietly to herself. Without warning she exclaims 'Anpan!' (a popular Japanese food) which catches Tomoya's attention. He soon discovers the girl's name is Nagisa Furukawa and that she exclaims things she likes in order to motivate herself. Nagisa claims they are now friends, but Tomoya walks away passing the encounter off as nothing.
However, Tomoya finds he is noticing Nagisa more and more around school. Eventually he concedes and befriends her. Tomoya learns Nagisa has been held back a year due to a severe illness and that her dream is to revive the school's drama club. Claiming he has nothing better to do, he decides to help her achieve this goal along with the help of four other girls.
As Tomoya spends more time with the girls, he learns more about them and their problems. As he attempts to help each girl overcome her respective obstacle, he begins to realize life isn't as dull as he once thought.

20 - Your Lie in April

Episodes: 22

Aired:Oct 10, 2014 to Mar 20, 2015

Genres:Drama, Music, Romance, School, Shounen

Duration: 22 min in each ep.

Studio:A-1 Pictures

Summary:

Music accompanies the path of the human metronome, the prodigious pianist Kousei Arima. But after the passing of his mother, Saki Arima, Kousei falls into a downward spiral, rendering him unable to hear the sound of his own piano.
Two years later, Kousei still avoids the piano, leaving behind his admirers and rivals, and lives a colorless life alongside his friends Tsubaki Sawabe and Ryouta Watari. However, everything changes when he meets a beautiful violinist, Kaori Miyazono, who stirs up his world and sets him on a journey to face music again.
Based on the manga series of the same name, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso approaches the story of Kousei's recovery as he discovers that music is more than playing each note perfectly, and a single melody can bring in the fresh spring air of April.

That's it Fam ,I hope someone find this useful <3 .

Credits :

anime list from animecation .
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for this list. A few of these I'd actually never heard of before, and will now probably give them a try.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 22