• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gintama Set 4 Running time

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I know this just got solicited today, but I noticed the running time on this set is 250 minutes. That translates to about 10 or 11 episodes. All the previous sets are 325 mins with 13 episodes. Is Sentai seriously reducing the episode count whilst keeping that 49.99 msrp? (I noticed the run time on Eyeshield stayed the same). Do I have something wrong or is Sentai really trying to be that cheap? If they are they can cram it, to be quite honest.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:31 am Reply with quote
Maybe that one sold well for them and they are trying to milk dry all the suckers that are hooked? Guess they gotta make a buck somehow. Subtitle only anime has a nasty stigma about it.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Here's your answer:

ANN wrote:
Section23 Films' Chris Oarr notes that Sentai Filmworks licensed the first two seasons of Gintama, with an option on the rest.

In other words, this might be the last set for a while until they license more episodes (if they do).
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it looks like there weren't enough episodes in season 2 to release a set of a full 13 episodes. So it'll have this kind of awkward release. If the problem really is the licensing of only two seasons, then when (if) they release the fifth set it should have thirteen episodes on it.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Here's your answer:

ANN wrote:
Section23 Films' Chris Oarr notes that Sentai Filmworks licensed the first two seasons of Gintama, with an option on the rest.

In other words, this might be the last set for a while until they license more episodes (if they do).

Ahhhh.....well that's understanable. Just wish they would have lowered the srp a little if there are fewer episodes. Not a big deal though. I hope they license the rest of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1