• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Ain't Afraid of No Ghost

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
I've always thought it would be great to shear sheep into rectangles, so that they'd move in flocks of blocks.

You were just looking for an excuse to say "flocks of blocks," weren't you? ;p
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:07 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Richard J, I think you should consider Netflix, so you won't have to deal with crying babies and cell phones. The world of movies is vast and great. <3
Yeah, I probably should. I've always had an irrational hatred for borrowing things though. (I swear, some psychologist out there should do a study on me. It'd probably earn an award.)

Quote:
I've always thought it would be great to shear sheep into rectangles, so that they'd move in flocks of blocks.
I don't know why, but this statement seems somehow both humerous and profound. How do you come up with this stuff?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:

1. Veal Saltimbocca
2. Roast Duck in Red Wine Reduction Sauce
3. Cornish Game Hens with Garlic and Rosemary
4. Veal Scallopini
5. Braised Garlic Lemon Pheasant

Haha, I get it, they're listing cute animals and you listed animals you like to eat!!! I see what you did there you zany guy you!!
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Paploo wrote:
In case ImaginAsian's reading this-
1- There's no option for Canada in the checkout for your titles, despite the FAQ saying you do ship to Canada. There is a Province/State option, so I'm guessing someone messed up......
2- Can us technology wary fans pay via Money Order?

I recommend you buy through Right Stuf. They take money orders too!

I e-mailed RightStuf's customer service line, and it turns out that Canadian's don't need to do the International Customer thing anymore. So I can get it without hassle now Smile

Thanks Justin!
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I loved the first Mushishi DVD. I will agree that the packaging is gorgeous and like the textless wrap around cover on the case itself. Although not as neat as a different image it is nice, much like the flipped inner image on Funi's Solty Rei DVDs. I don't like it when the image and layout under the slipcase is identical since it seems lazy. I was a tad disappointed that newest volume of ADV's Le Chevalier slipcase uses the same artwork (different layout) as the case's artwork, but at least they continue to include one not like Manga's Noein.

I will also agree with the mixed review for Shonen Onmyouji, Shounen Onmyoji or however you want to spell it. In Japanese there are few spelling issues besides TSU" (tsuzuku) and SU" (suzuka) and there are so few spelling issues with Japanese to English since it is so phonetical, but the long O/Ou/O-/Oh has seemed problematic to some.

It does really feel like something that will fly well with the CN fans. It also reminded me a bit of Tactics which I actually like a bit better.

Like many I'm still eagerly waiting for my IA DVDs. I also love buying almost all of my domestic DVDs from TRSI. They are super nice if I need to cancel something, or accidentally order something twice. I didn't start throwing away my cases until I had around 600. It was then that I realized that 2 DVD binders are much smaller than a shelf full of DVDs, My room is constantly running out of space.
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Oh, my list goes:

1: Tarantula
2: Plecostomus
3: Loach
4: Octopus
5: Scorpion

That's exactly what my sister seems to think...

My girlfriend, on the other hand...
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:48 am Reply with quote
Deleted creepiness.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:

1. Veal Saltimbocca
2. Roast Duck in Red Wine Reduction Sauce
3. Cornish Game Hens with Garlic and Rosemary
4. Veal Scallopini
5. Braised Garlic Lemon Pheasant

Haha, I get it, they're listing cute animals and you listed animals you like to eat!!! I see what you did there you zany guy you!!
\

You're as always Zac just a barrel of laughs and wit. How do you stay so fresh?? Wink I bet you're always the life of the party aren't you.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
By the way the shelf life image was taken back in July, I have bought a good 80 more DVDs since then. Here is a picture of the new releases.

Oops just noticed that the newest Bleach wasn't in the shot. That's funny, you can also see Lunamaria hiding to the right of the DVDs.
Draconis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:28 am Reply with quote
I believe there are more Anime DVDs in Randall's Collection then all the movies, tv shows and anime I have watched combined. My wife would divorce me if I had that many Razz

Mushishi is a viewing pleasure that can't be compared to any other anime I have watched.
Reminds me of FLCL in the sense that you don't compare it to something else or place it into a category. Mushishi is mushishi and FLCL is FLCL

I watched all 24 episodes about 3 a day on average and I concur that it would wisest to only watch 1 a day for a better experience.

I use to have the following pleco but he passed away several years ago:
http://www.aquariumfish.net/images_01/pleco_spotted.jpg

Least we not forget hamsters...
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:19 am Reply with quote
Randall: do you ever work/eat/sleep/watch anything that isn't anime? Good god...I don't have the time to watch half the stuff I buy, and my collection is probably 10% the size of yours....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Hmm...

*Drumroll*

Is your sister single? Razz

*Rimshot*

Nope, she got married this year. Her husband's an odd one. Not bad, but odd.

Of the reviewed releases, I'm probably going to watch Mushi-shi, even if I don't buy it. I already saw some of it in fansubs, and I was very impressed by the visuals and the music. Ah...ambiant ethnic Japanese music.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
Randall: do you ever work/eat/sleep/watch anything that isn't anime? Good god...I don't have the time to watch half the stuff I buy, and my collection is probably 10% the size of yours....

I think he's perfected a way to have the mind assemble and collect data as he sleeps. So while he sleeps the anime is playing and he wakes up and remembers everything. That or he just doesn't sleep period. I mean I know I have a lot of anime and have rented even more. But even if everything I've rented I had bought and combined it with what I have I doubt it would stack up to his.
icepick314

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Draconis wrote:
My wife would divorce me if I had that many Razz

then what would happen if you had collection like this?

animenewsnetwork.com/shelf-life/2007-06-18

possibly instant nuclear explosion?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Elves

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:18 am Reply with quote
Why!? Now I'm watching that sheep... I just kept hitting play. Over, and over, and over, and over. Just look what you've done. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4