• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PM Rage/Spam

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote
I feel sort of left out now. Actually I feel like the old horse you leave outside to just pass on after it's prime. I mean I used to be one of the ones getting the rage and hate messages years ago from such glorious trolls of the past. Daxomni, fighterholic, malinexteric, and that narutofan dude to name a few. Now.....now I'm just the old horse left out to pasture that no one even cares enough about to cuss out with some trollish hate filled PM's anymore. The ones I do get aren't even that mean. Either it's that or I've gotten too damn nice and sociable. Like that mean old dog you keep feeding treats to until it eventually doesn't growl or bite anymore. Oh Hawaiian shirts while being gloriously colorful and a fashion statement you do take my edge away. You simply can't roll up in a Hawaiian shirt and expect to be taken as hardcore I guess. Sad
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
What I find funny is how he told me he would quit the website and yet he kept on making new accounts to hassle more and more people. So he's a liar on top of everything else.

He's promised to quit the site again; I'd love to believe him but I doubt we have seen the last of him. Ah well, at least his posts are amusing. It's nice to see people put so much time and effort into making others laugh.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:57 am Reply with quote
I think this is the 4th or 5th time I've banned him. Shtick is getting old, I wonder when he'll get bored and stop reregging just to keep doing this.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:58 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
WHO IS THIS MYSTERY PERSON!?

Doesn't like dtm42, Rukiia, IKC, Spastic, or myself.

Likes SI, luffy, and Blood.

Truly a strange and twisted individual.

Not so fast, Sparky. I got one of his love-o-grams a while back. Most of it was the standard boilerplate spiel, but he did actually sprinkle in a few of my personal details for that individual touch. Laughing

The PM I got was from TheUltimateSDK, which I assume stands for the TheUltimateSmallDickedKook.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I find it so amusing that this person is raging at people via PM's over what is being said on an ANIME forum. They treat it as if having a different opinion then you is like being spat in the face. But in my case, I am a "dumb bitch" because I warned the person that if they don't put some effort into their opening posts then a mod is going to lock it. Lo and behold, I was right and so they took their anger out on me 2 months later through PM. Confused

Somebody needs to get a hobby aside from watching Anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Oww I wanna receive one of those too. Damn, bad timing to be inactive.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:20 am Reply with quote
Our lovable troll has returned again to spread his love towards the forum members. People have posted here that they've been getting PM's similar to the ones posted in this thread.

The troll's new(?) usernames are seventhgate and blacklagan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:52 am Reply with quote
It's a real pity that ANN didn't offer a feature whereby any limp-dicked coward like this would get zapped with a 100,000 volt surge to the testes (in the unlikely event he has any) every time he registered a new account to house his lame cut'n'paste flames. I'd be willing to accept an increase to the subscription fee to make that happen.
archaron

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
That is an interesting idea Blood-. Laughing
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I know, right???
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
I GOT ANOTHER ONE! This time it's because I buy stuff. I assume it's because of the comment I made to Mylene where I said that real anime fans celebrate good things by buying stuff - jokingly of course. I'll admit that I was actually pretty excited to read this one because "GL BD" was the subject, and I thought it was a good Samaritan informing me of a Gurren Lagann Blu-ray coming out in Japan. *sigh*

The name he sent this one under was "brightpony".

I don't like this bad name he's giving bronies.

Question: Why does he censor himself? If he's trying to avoid the filter, 99% of the words he uses would slip through, so it's pointless to use so many asterisks.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I think he uses the asterisks in case his mommy happens to pass by as he's typing away down in the basement.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:00 am Reply with quote
Have you ever thought, maybe, that this is the one thing keeping this person sane?

Imagine: You have a terrible day at the office. The photocopier brakes, and you've got reports to write for that presentation tomorrow! Then you get yelled at by your boss for not properly labeling your bottle of coke zero in the refrigerator and generally being "not appropriately spirited"...
Finally getting home at 9 PM after being stuck in traffic, you sit down with what's left of your lunchable and boot up the old PC... There's gotta be something more to life... Something, that makes you feel alive... Checking the forums, you see a new argument break out over the merits of loli anime, and chuckle to yourself a bit...
You close your eyes, take a deep breath, hit the "register" button, and sink into the only heaven you know on this earth: insulting random anime fans over PM.

And you think to yourself: "Maybe, just maybe, I can make it to tomorrow..."
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:21 am Reply with quote
But ... but ... why would a 12-year-old be working in an office???
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote
Don't these type of accounts eventually get bored and stop all together once the fun is over? I've seen accounts like this over the years elsewhere, but eventually they stop.

Honestly if a person is this bored, maybe they find a actual hobby or maybe just maybe find better uses of their time.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9